So, don't get me wrong...I've tried competitors and found KAV has done a good job of protecting me for years now with fewer hassles than "the other guys".

However, with all due respect I think KAV2011 is getting a little out of hand. I know there are many threats that change by the minute and KAV is just trying to stay one step ahead of those nasties but in some cases, it's being a bit of a pain.

I mean, seriously, when it has to tell me that my huey pro, Canon EOS utility software among others is "legal software that acts like a virus...." and so on, that's a bit much. And then to have to spend an hour trying everything under the sun including numerous reinstalls to get it to ignore dvdfab instead of throwing every exe component of it into quarantine (including the uninstaller) as either trojans or whatnot is nuts. I just hope the next time I turn on the computer (win7 64 bit, KAV2011 latest build) that dvdfab is still there. I won't complain should the day arise when it saves me from an honest to goodness virus and I'd rather have it on my computers than "the other guys" but holy toledo it's becoming a chore to deal with when it comes to honest programs.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.