aditibhargava

Unable to uninstall Kaspersky Pure trial version

I can confirm that the new version had been published on the Support Page.

@Vago: You PM'ed me twice in addition to asking for help here in the forum. I answered your request as far as I was able to do, and I PM'ed you with some additional comments, and I asked for feedback. Whizard has been so kind to confirm my assumption.

But you have not reported back. Please do, I think it is a matter of courtesy. Your report might be helpful to other users.

well, dell just sent me in a replacement computer and i installed kaspersky pure, and it acted funny and like not responsive and just like freaking out so i was just doing a trial... and i tried uninstall and it was stuck on remove drivers.. so i tried to follow these steps and now its saying theres a error cant uninstall kaspersky, i tried to do the removal program becuase no matter how i did it i exited out of kaspersky on my retry didnt work and so i did that program, i didnt know there was a self protection program in kaspersky so idk if that was the problem but my main point is i cant uninstall kaspersky it wont uninstall, and i cant install another kaspersky program my mother gave me because of kaspersky pure...... so im wondering how do i remove kaspersky do i really have to restore my system that doesnt have anything in it other than web browsers? >.>

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Welcome. 1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.

When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. If still no go after that, please post a new gsi report.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.