darrkon

Kaspersky Admin Kit 8.0.2090 update problems

Hi,

I have recently deployed Kaspersky Admin Kit 8.0.2090 onto a new server and begun to deploy a few non production clients just to try it out before committing to a full roll out. Given all the problems I have read about I thought this was the best way to go.

So far, most things have been reasonable, and one or two production machines now have the client installed.

The problem I am having is that scheduled update tasks don't seem to work properly.

An example is two Windows 2003 servers I have in a separate group. This group has a group task to update the definitions every morning at 1:15. These servers are never turned off.. Their definitions get older than five days and I get an email saying they are out of date.. when i go to the properties of the group task and click detailed results.. I see the jobs are scheduled to run 5 days ago, but they never run, they never try to run.. they just do nothing.

I also have a small group of workstations set to update every 12 hours, to handle missed tasks and randomize the start time by 30 minutes.. these usually work, but sometimes they get outdated definitions. I would have thought that even if the machines are switched off during the update tasks, they would run the missed tasks (since that is what I specified in the job).

Note that the definitions on the server repository itself are up to date all the time, so I dont know why we experience this problem.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks!

Look into the properties of this update task that you have select the right product.

What does the counter say? This task is for x clients?

Look into the properties of this update task that you have select the right product.

What does the counter say? This task is for x clients?

I right click a computer in the group and select PROPERTIES then go to the APPLICATIONS tab and see that "Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4" is installed on the server.

I go to the properties of the group update task and see that the application is "Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4" and the task type is "Updater"

The general tab of the task properties shows 1 computer scheduled, but the detailed status shows nothing happening for 5 days, and the definitions are 5 days old.

Edited by Luke Cassar

In your first post you wrote that 2 computers are in this group and now this task i for only one client.

Can you export and attach this task please.

In your first post you wrote that 2 computers are in this group and now this task i for only one client.

Can you export and attach this task please.

In the first group (containing two computers), I have already run the scheduled task today, so the status shows as completed for two machines.. I realized that this is NOT the issue I am trying to demonstrate, so I went to another group with only 1 server in it, the same configuration and the same problem.

Kaspersky 6.0 for Windows Server MP4 installed on the server

Updater group task for Kaspersky 6.0 for Windows Server MP4 assigned to that group

Scheduled to run on the one computer in that group

Has been sitting this way for 5 days now without running.

Cheers.

The original two computers in the first group I mentioned are still sitting in a completed state 23 hours after I ran the task.

They should have run this morning at 01:15, but it has not done this.

There are currently no computers scheduled to run this task.

The results window shows nothing happening since yesterday morning when I ran the task manually.

What a joke this is. Did anyone test this product at all before releasing it to the public.

I re-created all of the scheduled updater jobs, they are in the status 'Ready to run on X computers' and when the schedule time comes around, nothing happens. The jobs sit there scheduled to in the past.

What the hell is going on?

What a joke this is. Did anyone test this product at all before releasing it to the public.

I re-created all of the scheduled updater jobs, they are in the status 'Ready to run on X computers' and when the schedule time comes around, nothing happens. The jobs sit there scheduled to in the past.

What the hell is going on?

What happens when you change your update policy scheduled start to "When new updates are downloaded to the respository"?

What happens when you change your update policy scheduled start to "When new updates are downloaded to the respository"?

I have not tried this because in production we cannot run this way.

What I am starting to notice though is that if the updater task is set to run every N days, have the setting at every 1 days and the time as 01:50 then the task does not work. HOWEVER if I change the schedule to run every N hours, have the setting at every 24 hours and the plan for time set to 01:50, the task seems to run.

I have changed all my tasks to run every 24 hours rather then every 1 day.. I will see how this goes over the weekend and if it works then its stupid, but at least I can work around my problem.

What I am starting to notice though is that if the updater task is set to run every N days, have the setting at every 1 days and the time as 01:50 then the task does not work. HOWEVER if I change the schedule to run every N hours, have the setting at every 24 hours and the plan for time set to 01:50, the task seems to run.

I have changed all my tasks to run every 24 hours rather then every 1 day.. I will see how this goes over the weekend and if it works then its stupid, but at least I can work around my problem.

This morning all of the updater tasks have run 6 hours ago, and have run every day as expected over the weekend.

It seems to be a problem with Kaspersky scheduler then.

Run updater every 1 days at 1:00AM does not work, but run every 24 hours at 1:00AM does work.

have had exact same problem with kaspersky since the upgrade..

a posted a topic in here a couple of months ago... no response

not thought about changing to tasks to run by x hours instead of x days

sounds like it might be a solution

cheers

Edited by KB2

Dears:

i also installed Admin Kit 8.0.2090

and i have a problem with the Update Task.

every time i run the task, it downloads about 22 - 24 % of the updates , and then failed.

the error message is:

Download error. This error usually occurs when a connection is bad or unstable, or if network connection settings are incorrect. Recommendations: to troubleshoot this problem, make sure the network connection settings, update source availability, and the update source list are all correct. Then run Updater again. If the error occurs again, send the Updater trace to Technical Support to clarify the problem.

a lot of download errors, such:

Download error 'http://dnl-06.geo.kaspersky.com/AutoPatches/akp8/8.0.2048/patch_2048_nagent_a.exe'. This error usually occurs when a connection is bad or unstable, or if network connection settings are incorrect. Recommendations: to troubleshoot this problem, make sure the network connection settings, update source availability, and the update source list are all correct. Then run Updater again. If the error occurs again, send the Updater trace to Technical Support to clarify the problem.

- I checked the internet connection, it is good.

- I inserted the link : kaspersky.com to the white list (allowed)in my Firewall.

can any one advise me please?

best regards..

Dears:

i also installed Admin Kit 8.0.2090

and i have a problem with the Update Task.

every time i run the task, it downloads about 22 - 24 % of the updates , and then failed.

the error message is:

a lot of download errors, such:

- I checked the internet connection, it is good.

- I inserted the link : kaspersky.com to the white list (allowed)in my Firewall.

can any one advise me please?

best regards..

problem solved:

i checked: use proxy server. then auto detect settings.

it works fine now.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.