On the KIS 7 interface at Service > Configuration Manager, does the 'Save' button backup all KIS 7 configuration settings? The idea being that in the unlikely scenario where KIS might need to be clean installed, I can easily reinstate all my previous program settings with one click.

On the KIS 7 interface at Service > Configuration Manager, does the 'Save' button backup all KIS 7 configuration settings? The idea being that in the unlikely scenario where KIS might need to be clean installed, I can easily reinstate all my previous program settings with one click.

When you are uninstalling Kaspersky the program asks you as well if you want to keep all your settings

When you are uninstalling Kaspersky the program asks you as well if you want to keep all your settings

Aha...so what is the purpose of the 'Save' button? Why else would I want to save my configuration settings?

the save button will not save the anti-spam ibayes training database (but will save whitelist and blacklist's) and of course it won't save the iswift database. the other features should be compleatly saved.

Thank you, however that's not what I asked...or maybe I misunderstood your answer. If KIS asks to save all my settings before a reinstall, what is the purpose of the Save button in Service > Configuration Manager? When else would I want to save my settings if not before a reinstall?

Non-recoverable software glitch so you can not uninstall in the usual manner (use removal tool instead), OS corruption without proper backups (you do have those, right?), corrupted settings file so if you save, you would still be saving the corruption and finally to save before making changes so you can revert if the changes are wrong.

Thank you, however that's not what I asked...or maybe I misunderstood your answer. If KIS asks to save all my settings before a reinstall, what is the purpose of the Save button in Service > Configuration Manager? When else would I want to save my settings if not before a reinstall?

The purpose of saving a configuration file is to save all of your custom settings for KAV or KIS, as Lucian said, it does not save your anti spam database or even your firewall settings for programs. I'm a reseller for KL and install it A LOT, so it's nice to be able to click one file and have all of my custom settings installed within seconds rather than have to go through each option every time I install KAV or KIS.

;)

The purpose of saving a configuration file is to save all of your custom settings for KAV or KIS, as Lucian said, it does not save your anti spam database or even your firewall settings for programs. I'm a reseller for KL and install it A LOT, so it's nice to be able to click one file and have all of my custom settings installed within seconds rather than have to go through each option every time I install KAV or KIS.

;)

Thanks to all.

, as Lucian said, it does not save your anti spam database or even your firewall settings for programs.

;)

Lucian did not say anything about firewall settings, but about anti-spam.

I have much customized my FW rules using training mode and it really took a lot of time tuning all rules proper for all applications and protocols I use. So I hoped such settings would be saved. Is it no so?

Fred

I'm fairly certain that the Configuration Manager saves the Rules for Packet Filtering.

Someone above said it would not save Rules for Applications, but I thought it did save them as well.

Maybe someone can confirm which way?

In any case, I export both Rules for Packet Filtering and Rules for Applications and save that for importing later so I have options of importing all settings or just some firewall rules. . . maybe that will work well for you.

Yes, thats exactly what it is, you can also save FW configs from the FW settings using the "Export" option.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.