nadams

all client updates are FAILING, locking up machines

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

You of all people (I'm assuming your an Admin) should understand that "things happen" like this. No piece of software/patch/update/software vendor is ever perfect. While I feel that there should be a tad better support/communication on this problem, I'm sure they're working very diligently over there to resolve the issue quickly.

Keep up the good work Kaspersky, we've been with you for 2+ years and have never seen a problem like this happen. I'm still happy.

I pay a lot of money so things like this do not happen enterprise wide.

i understand things do happen but damn that was a big problem to have today. I work for a lawfirm of over 120 people and loss of productivity was really low. I'm worried about 120 workstations I can just imagine those with over 200. Rather than be negative next time I would really like to see on their website a more thorough process of solving this issue by way of documentation. If there is I apologize and need to look a little better. I for one am new to this software so reading previous posts assume you know the software very well to some extent.

make the AK server & it WFS update first, else your server may make clients pc hang on updating.

The problem seems to fixed now on all of my workstations. Here's how I did it:

1. I updated the admin server from Kaspersky. It took a few tries, but eventually a new version was downloaded.

Is this just clicking on 'Updates' and 'Download Updates' ?

Again, I ran the workstation update task. I noticed that it succeeded this time only on those workstations on which a user was currently logged in. So....

How do you kick this off? I can't seem to locate it and my clients wont grab the latest signatures. They're stuck at 481770.

Thanks.

xelfer.

The problem seems to fixed now on all of my workstations. Here's how I did it:

1. I updated the admin server from Kaspersky. It took a few tries, but eventually a new version was downloaded.

At this point, I attempted to run the workstation update task from admin kit, but it failed on all workstations. So....

2. I rebooted all workstations.

Again, I ran the workstation update task. I noticed that it succeeded this time only on those workstations on which a user was currently logged in. So....

3. I logged into all workstations. I cleared all error messages from the workstations. In some cases, an error message appeared about memory being inaccessible. In all cases, the "previous application launch failed" message appeared.

At this point, each workstation automatically performed a successful update from the admin server, and all seems to be well.

That's not a fix that's a joke right? How do I tell my boss that not only did he just drop 15k on software, now he's gotta pay the entire IS staff to take care of all the machines. Oh yea, and 7 hours after it happens the best I can do is run around with my thumb up my butt blaming someone else.

Missing a fishing trip and a day off sucks.

A reboot is all I've been able to do to quit the current update <_<

Yep it looks like rebooting and re-updating solves the problem, but what happens when you JUST CANNOT REBOOT because otherwise your customer live services go down and then you have to pay them compensation?

Surely there must be a way to kill either the updater process or the entire avp and then restart it? Anyone?

Yep it looks like rebooting and re-updating solves the problem, but what happens when you JUST CANNOT REBOOT because otherwise your customer live services go down and then you have to pay them compensation?

Surely there must be a way to kill either the updater process or the entire avp and then restart it? Anyone?

90% of my machines hang during update. Even after several reboots.

90% of my machines hang during update. Even after several reboots.

Try this mate...

Reboot

Then in settings->Updates. Uncheck the "Update application modules", then force it to update [which should be successful].

Then recheck "Update application modules" and force another update.

It should then be totally successful!?

Has worked on all the machines I've tested it on, however, I need a solution without the reboot at the start!

I've been doing the reboots remotely after I checked to make sure the AK was properly updated and come to find out the reboots are hanging 50% of the workstations and unfortunately I'm doing this remotely so now i have to go to work right now and tackle the PC's that are hung on a reboot. Thought some you might want to know if you are doing this remotely.

2all:

In settings->Updates. Uncheck the "Update application modules", then force it to update.

Will the problem remain?

how do you force an update? is this a custom global task I should create myself? i'm missing something here..

My computer seems to hang when it tries to install AVP6/dskm/ap-0607g.krg - this is with the update application modules turned off.

Downloaded from dnl-us3.kaspersky-labs.com

how do you force an update? is this a custom global task I should create myself? i'm missing something here..

I believe they are doing it on the client side. How do we do this using the admin kit?

2all:

In settings->Updates. Uncheck the "Update application modules", then update the product.

Then recheck "Update application modules" and update again.

Will the problem remain?

My clients are 6.0 for workstations controlled from Kaspersky Administration Kit, there is no 'Settings->updates' that I can see? how about some screenshots?

To go along with Troy there really needs to be something that we can push down from the Admin Kit rather than hit each individual workstation. If anyone does know of a way please explain with detail. Thanks,

Try to Rollback the bases at first when

In settings->Updates. Uncheck the "Update application modules", then update product.

Then recheck "Update application modules" and update again.

Will the problem remain?

I did these steps on a test workstation and it no longer crashes after reboot. How can I do this remotely?

My clients are 6.0 for workstations controlled from Kaspersky Administration Kit, there is no 'Settings->updates' that I can see? how about some screenshots?

On the client side if you have the system icon enabled for the clients you can double click the icon and on the top right hand side of the pop up there is a Check mark icon with Settings. Click on settings and you should see what they are talking about.

To go along with Troy there really needs to be something that we can push down from the Admin Kit rather than hit each individual workstation. If anyone does know of a way please explain with detail. Thanks,

Bingo. No wonder I was lost.

This is the client of Kaspersky which is controlled from the Administration Kit, 'update' does not exist.

post-70111-1197603561_thumb.jpg

I wonder if you can modify the anti-virus policy in the AK under the settings tab of the update section and uncheck the update application modules and have that push to the clients and renable it again once they have been updated.

2all What versions of AdminKit and WKS u are using?

Admin Kit 6.0.1565

Kaspersky Antivirus for Workstation 6.0.3.830

2all:

In settings->Updates. Uncheck the "Update application modules", then force it to update.

Will the problem remain?

I just did one client from home. It appears to have worked. Looks like an early start tomorrow. I hope there is an admin kit fix by the am.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.