I just got kaspersky yesterday and expected amazing things. My first scan took 1 hour and didnt find anything. In addition, my computer is running much slower than it ran without kaspersky. Please tell me itll get better.

Which version of kaspersky are you running? (long version number please, for example I am running 6.0.2.621). Also, please list your previous security software and the steps you took to remove them before you installed KAV/KIS. I barely notice my copy of KAV running and experience no slowdown.

Hi,

the complete system or only browsing !?

Please take a look in task manager if there is unusal/high process aktivity

My first scan took 1 hour and didnt find anything.

395630[/snapback]

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? blink.gif

Ok so you followed the instructions for getting rid of mcafee...

And the computer is still "slow"?

If you have performed a full system scan things should start to speed up although they aren't normally slow in the first place.

What other security software are you running now?

Edited by MAPKOBKA^^

I just got kaspersky yesterday and expected amazing things. My first scan took 1 hour and didnt find anything. In addition, my computer is running much slower than it ran without kaspersky. Please tell me itll get better.

395630[/snapback]

You haven't told us anything about your system. You may have some conflicting software. Generally speaking, Norton or McAfee slows down a computer far more than KAV or KIS.

If it were me, I would uninstall Kaspersky and Zone, restart, run removal tools (as needed (in safe mode)), run a Reputable registry cleaner and re-install an updated version of Kaspersky. I would also read the Important FAQ before proceeding. I hope this suffices until those who have plenty of expertise are on board.

Hi there is a bit of a time difference. But let's try and help you.

first of all try the actions here http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/board/...&message.id=103

We need to get rid of zonalarm.

Then we need to upgrade KIS. Please uninstall your current KIS . Run a reg cleaner like CCleaner or Regsupreme

Download and install the latest of version 6 http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates?ch...nlink=206908134

or you can go for version 7 right away

ftp://kav2006:Fynb02dbhec60@data.kaspersk...2_33/kis.en.msi

Edited by Sjoeii

Like sjoeii says it recommends three things, uninstall ZA completely, upgrade your network driver ( and lists a link to it too), and upgrade Kaspersky.

1. So uninstall Kaspersky and go through this and the link to remove Za is very important. Run .Regsupreme, run it (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.

2. Install the Intel update http://downloadmirror.intel.com/4275/eng/PRO2KXP.exe adn install it, download and install Windows script:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en.

3. Reboot and install Kaspersky again, would use either 7.0.0.124 or 6.0.2.621.

4. If you have had other AV's like Norton or McAfee installed then tell us before dping the steps.

Ok i did all that stuff and then did the gsi thing again and there are still two software things i need to delete but it wont let me. They are vsdata.dll and vsinit.dll. When i try to delete them it says

"Cannot delete vsinit/vsdata : access is denied

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file in not currently in use."

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.