kzsolt

Upgrade from 2014 to 2018: Installation, message, "your PC is infected"

Dear Everybody!

I try to upgrade KIS2014 to KIS2018 (2019).

But the install always break with "your PC is infected" message. 

I tried to install with and without remove old version (2014), but I got a same result. I tried K virus removal tool, but always say "no threats found". I tried to remove rest of old version with kavremover, but I got a same result. But I can remove and install KIS2014 without any problem!

I'm a licensed user with Win7 64bit OS.

Can anybody have idea how to possible to read out which condition (file, registry ...).

Thanks for any advise: kzsolt

Edited by kzsolt

The screen is in Hungarian language. I think for you is useless. But its transalted fom is: "Failed to install a Kaspersky Lab product. Your computer might be infected".

There is no more usefull information, just a link to Kaspersky suport website.

Moreover sorry but I can't publish configuration of my computer. If GSI report is required, then I open a case on mySupport. 

As a further note, in addition to what The Shield has mentioned above, try this if you wish to:

Two different sources shouldn't matter, they're both qualified as legitimate. What I would do if I was you having this issue, is go ahead and re-install 2014, and make sure there are no files in the quarantine folder. Go through Kaspersky's settings and check this folder. It's possible there's some quarantined files that were an infection from past and this is the cause of error you're getting. It might be the quarantine folder is staying in place even after uninstall or reinstall. Once the files are deleted, this might allow an upgrade then. This could explain why you never see any infections when you do a scan, because it looks for infections elsewhere than the Quarantine. Make sure when you upgrade or uninstall, that you remove all your personal settings, if Kaspersky asks you when removing. Worth a try..

15 hours ago, kzsolt said:

"your PC is infected"

I bet you are indeed really infected.

If you are really running KIS 2014, which has NOT GOT a database update since January 8, 2017,  next month is 2 years without a database update. That program should have been screaming at you to do something.

And without a database update for that long, even if you do get KIS 2018 installed, I would never trust that machine again.

You might be better off saving what you can, and blowing out the OS, and reinstalling it.

And if you do not have a Windows 7 copy, buy a Windows 10 license, since Windows 7 goes down the drain in 13 months, January 14, 2020-DEAD-EOL-End Of Life..

Edited by Swamp Yankee

2 hours ago, Swamp Yankee said:

I bet you are indeed really infected.

If you are really running KIS 2014, which has NOT GOT a database update since January 8, 2017,  next month is 2 years without a database update. That program should have been screaming at you to do something.

And without a database update for that long, even if you do get KIS 2018 installed, I would never trust that machine again.

You might be better off saving what you can, and blowing out the OS, and reinstalling it.

And if you do not have a Windows 7 copy, buy a Windows 10 license, since Windows 7 goes down the drain in 13 months, January 14, 2020-DEAD-EOL-End Of Life..

Could very well be, what you say about a real infection. I had thought of that, but mostly went by what he mentioned, about scanning with K Virus remover, and he said no infection was found tho and that would of had updated virus defs..

@kzsolt Also no GSI Log means "searching in the dark"  , please continue with Tech Support.