sonofanarchy

Not able to visit a lot of HTTPS websites ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE [merged]

Out of nowhere Chrome won't connect to facebook.com and many other sites.

Says this; 

This site can’t be reached

www.facebook.com is currently unreachable.

Try:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE

It's same in Firefox, tried Clearing all history in chrome, trying other DNS ,nothing helped. Other devices on the same network don't have this problem.

Then I turned off Kaspersky and out of nowhere it connects normally . What could be the issue here? I also tried disabling firewall, web antivirus(in KIS) and nothing really helps until I turn off the whole KIS. Pause protection also doesn't help. I have to go the icon of the app in taksbar and exit KIS.

Please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product. 

47 minutes ago, richbuff said:

Please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product. 

Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(c)

Also I tried fully updating my Windows now(win 10,x64) , didn't help.

Posted (edited)

Same problem on the same version.

Edited by francescovontosi@gmail.com

After some digging around on old posts I found out that turning off scanning encrypted connections from Settings- additional - network - do not scan... works.

babalucco Could you try this too to see if it helps?

I guess it's not safe that it doesn't scan them but still better than having to turn it off all together?

Hi

Today, kaspersky seems to have decided to block chrome altogether. I have checked firewall settings but its all trusted/ working. Have uninstalled and reinstalled chrome to no effect. When i turn off protection, chrome works fine. With Kaspersky enabled, chrome doesnt work but MS Edge does. Anyone know what has happened?!

I have windows 10...

Thanks

Welcome. Which Kaspersky version are you running ?

I also have this problem after upgrading Windows to ver 1809. On some pages in Chrome (ex. facebook.com) i have ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error

Hi. Sorry - Kas version is 19.0.0.1088. Perhaps its certain sites. Gmail, facebook, feedly seem affected. Google drive/ keep are fine (for example) - as is this webpage!

note that I also installed an NVIDIA driver update today - but think it wasnt working before I installed that update

Technical team on the case now. Have been asked to reset to default settings - didnt work. Will advise if we get there...might be windows update related but didnt see an obvious update come through

hace 3 horas, mateusz1807 dijo:

I also have this problem after upgrading Windows to ver 1809. On some pages in Chrome (ex. facebook.com) i have ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error

Same over here. I "solved" this by telling KIS not to analyze my encrypted connections. I hope that tech support found a real solution to this problem soon.

3 minutes ago, ignacio16589 said:

Same over here. I "solved" this by telling KIS not to analyze my encrypted connections. I hope that tech support found a real solution to this problem soon.

how did you do that? Really irritating me now. I have to revert to MS Edge or switch off KIS

3 minutes ago, herc182 said:

how did you do that? Really irritating me now. I have to revert to MS Edge or switch off KIS

Settings - Additional - Network - Do not scan encrypted connections

2 minutes ago, alex5723 said:

Settings - Additional - Network - Do not scan encrypted connections

thanks! that worked. Definitely something odd going on with KIS

Thanks so much for the solution.. Was driving me NUTS !! 

Was having the exact same issue... 

Fixed now :)

Yep ,Having same issue with Firefox and Chrome. other internet application works fine. suck as Steam ,IDM etc. Starting when updated window to new version 1809. I clean Formatted the system to install 1809 and after reinstalling KIS imported old setting from cfg file.

I think that should be related to the latest virus definition update for KIS not the windows ..Since i am still on version 1803 and got the problem . And i did not get any problem before today

Hi all, I'm new on this Forum and glad I found it.  I'm having the same problem here with my Gmail only.  Chrome works ok and I can brows with no probs. Gmail works with Edge & Firefox, or if I exit from KIS.

As others mentioned, my other apps works fine, well as far as I know that is, as this problem only started On Friday 5 October or there abouts.

Any help would be appriciated.  Please have a look at the attached Screenshot

Thanks in advance

913246262_Screenshot2018-10-0713_49_11.png.2a11d82b2cfe20c81471d51939644737.png

On 10/4/2018 at 6:46 PM, sonofanarchy said:

After some digging around on old posts I found out that turning off scanning encrypted connections from Settings- additional - network - do not scan... works.

babalucco Could you try this too to see if it helps?

I guess it's not safe that it doesn't scan them but still better than having to turn it off all together?

Thanks for sharing your solution (even if it isn't ideal).

Had the same issue and it was driving me crazy that all the normal solutions like clearing the cache, etc... weren't working.

Yeah , at least it's something. 

Probably there's a problem with a way KIS handles secure connections or something. Too bad devs don't read this here.

Hi there,

Again here for the third time

There's a bug in Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 paid version (again).
I was not able on this computer to visit google, gmail facebook etc..
Chrome and FireFox gave error : ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE
So after trying a lot with a headache after work I gave up. The next day the problem became even bigger so I started to google again and found this;

Check "Do not scan Encrypted connections" option in Additional > Network.
Now the SSL error is gone and all websites work again, at the cost of the security we paid for (lose 1 layer of protection:lol:

This is the last year I will pay for Kaspersky and advice any Anti-virus solution to any of my customers.

Last time Kaspersky deleted a mail archive(IMAP) file of Thunderbird because of a adware attachment, also in the paid version there was NO OPTION to restore the file until we contacted support, then suddenly the option te restore files was unlocked, so it was hidden before.

I feel like I am better off using another security suite when the license is ended.

Thank you.

Edited by fransje

Forgot to mention (can't edit anymore).

OS is: Windows 10 Pro x64 latest version.
KIS: 19.0.0.1088

Third time here? Yes, I made a new account because I could not remember my old account.

Edited by fransje