AndyCripps

KES 10.3.0.6294 manual update option missing [Solved]

I've installed the latest version of KES on a couple of our machines to test for issues, and have noticed that the manual update option (in the 'Tasks' section of the 'Protection and control' tab) usually available on the client isn't there any more. Does this mean there is no way to manually start an update from the client now, or has it been moved somewhere else?

I've installed the latest version of KES on a couple of our machines to test for issues, and have noticed that the manual update option (in the 'Tasks' section of the 'Protection and control' tab) usually available on the client isn't there any more. Does this mean there is no way to manually start an update from the client now, or has it been moved somewhere else?

Hi,

You can use right-click on update string and run update manually.

Thank you!

Hi,

You can use right-click on update string and run update manually.

Thank you!

Hi Konstantin,

Where is this found? From the screenshot I've attached the section where you used to be able to manually update has gone. It is working under a policy, but a policy I created that copied the settings from the policy for the previous KES version, so nothing should have changed.

post-624421-1497006403.jpg

Hi Konstantin,

Where is this found? From the screenshot I've attached the section where you used to be able to manually update has gone. It is working under a policy, but a policy I created that copied the settings from the policy for the previous KES version, so nothing should have changed.

Ok, I've just disabled the policy, and the tasks section is back, which means it's hidden by the policy. But, like I say, I created that policy for the latest version of KES by copying the settings from the policy for the previous version of KES, and I've not changed anything. Do you know which part of the policy will be hiding the tasks section?

Ok, I've just disabled the policy, and the tasks section is back, which means it's hidden by the policy. But, like I say, I created that policy for the latest version of KES by copying the settings from the policy for the previous version of KES, and I've not changed anything. Do you know which part of the policy will be hiding the tasks section?

Perhaps policy > Advanced Settings > Application Settings > Operating mode > Settings > Allow group tasks to be displayed

Try it because I cannot change my policies (case being analysed!: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=371926)

Another reply! I've found out what I was doing wrong. I needed to create an update task for the latest KES version (SP2). The old update task only applied to SP1, so it wasn't getting updates. Now that there is a task set for the SP2 machines that task appears on the client, and can be run manually.

Another reply! I've found out what I was doing wrong. I needed to create an update task for the latest KES version (SP2). The old update task only applied to SP1, so it wasn't getting updates. Now that there is a task set for the SP2 machines that task appears on the client, and can be run manually.

Hello!

Please tell us, the update is working normally now, right?

Thanks!

Hello!

Please tell us, the update is working normally now, right?

Thanks!

Hi Ivan,

All working now, thanks.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.