AndyCripps

Kaspersky equivalent of McAfee Rogue System Detection [In progress]

Is there a Kaspersky equivalent of McAfee's Rogue System Detection, which identifies unmanaged devices on the network and reports that information to an administrator? I can obviously see a list of unmanaged devices in the Kaspersky Security Centre admin console, but I wondered if Kaspersky has a system in place for notification of unmanaged devices in real time, without an administrator having to manually check.

It's entirely possible that I've missed this in the set up of Security Centre, and it hasn't really been an issue. But as the number of devices on my company's network grows, it'd be good to be notified of any 'rogue' devices that may make their way onto the network.

Is there a Kaspersky equivalent of McAfee's Rogue System Detection, which identifies unmanaged devices on the network and reports that information to an administrator? I can obviously see a list of unmanaged devices in the Kaspersky Security Centre admin console, but I wondered if Kaspersky has a system in place for notification of unmanaged devices in real time, without an administrator having to manually check.

It's entirely possible that I've missed this in the set up of Security Centre, and it hasn't really been an issue. But as the number of devices on my company's network grows, it'd be good to be notified of any 'rogue' devices that may make their way onto the network.

Hello!

Please clarify, your scenario is to block any unknown devices, that come up in your network?

Please tell us also the exact versions you are using.

Thanks!

Hello!

Please clarify, your scenario is to block any unknown devices, that come up in your network?

Please tell us also the exact versions you are using.

Thanks!

Hi - The scenario would be to initially receive an email notification of unknown devices (in a similar way to receiving emails about critical events), and then potentially block them. But being notified is the main priority.

We are currently using:

Kaspersky Security Centre 10.3.407

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.2.5.3201

Kaspersky Network Agent 10.3.407

Thanks

Hi - The scenario would be to initially receive an email notification of unknown devices (in a similar way to receiving emails about critical events), and then potentially block them. But being notified is the main priority.

We are currently using:

Kaspersky Security Centre 10.3.407

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.2.5.3201

Kaspersky Network Agent 10.3.407

Thanks

Hello.

There is no dedicated feature to warn the administrator about unassigned devices in KSC as such. However, configuring this is very possible. In case you have already set up network polling, there is only one step to it.

Every time polling locates a device, an event is generated: "New device found". How such an event is treated can be set up in the Administration Server properties -> Event notification tab -> Info section -> New device found entry. Go to its properties and enable option "Notify by email". This was, every time a device is found, a notification will be sent using Administration Server email settings.

Thank you.

Hello.

There is no dedicated feature to warn the administrator about unassigned devices in KSC as such. However, configuring this is very possible. In case you have already set up network polling, there is only one step to it.

Every time polling locates a device, an event is generated: "New device found". How such an event is treated can be set up in the Administration Server properties -> Event notification tab -> Info section -> New device found entry. Go to its properties and enable option "Notify by email". This was, every time a device is found, a notification will be sent using Administration Server email settings.

Thank you.

Hi Kirill,

Thanks for this. That's what we wanted.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.