I have noticed recently that Kasperky is giving me messages stating

"Origin run by a program with restrictions is attempting to receive audio stream"

whenever I try to run the Sims 4. (I don't have any other Origin-based games, and I don't recall this happening before a couple days ago). What is going on? I did a full-scan last night and there was nothing.

post-573527-1482194624_thumb.png

Hello,

Origin.exe contain a audio stream services and detected by KIS Application Control component. If you trusted this PE file, you should config Application Control component.

Try to find Origin.exe rule, double chick into its rule detail information. In privilege tab, select "Allow" to audio stream item, Save the setting for HIPS.

Re-run the application again, Any better?

Regards.

Hello,

Origin.exe contain a audio stream services and detected by KIS Application Control component. If you trusted this PE file, you should config Application Control component.

Try to find Origin.exe rule, double chick into its rule detail information. In privilege tab, select "Allow" to audio stream item, Save the setting for HIPS.

Re-run the application again, Any better?

Regards.

But why did it start asking this all of a sudden? I have played the Sims 4 on my laptop before and never got the message.

But why did it start asking this all of a sudden? I have played the Sims 4 on my laptop before and never got the message.

Hello,

There is too less information could be analyses this doubt. In general, The Game update its function in background and come to have this function and use audio stream API (Core Audio APIs: Rendering a Stream, Capturing a Stream or Loopback Recording). Others, KIS product update some API monitory point in its newest Patch or database update.

Regards.

Hello,

There is too less information could be analyses this doubt. In general, The Game update its function in background and come to have this function and use audio stream API (Core Audio APIs: Rendering a Stream, Capturing a Stream or Loopback Recording). Others, KIS product update some API monitory point in its newest Patch or database update.

Regards.

No offense, but I cannot understand anything you are trying to say. Your English is way off, so your statement is illegible. Can you please review your statement. Thanks!

No offense, but I cannot understand anything you are trying to say. Your English is way off, so your statement is illegible. Can you please review your statement. Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry for my poor english. English isn't my mother language.

I want to tell you the fact, because of the information you provide is not much, not for qualitative analysis. I personally think that this behavior may be due to:

1. The game was updated in the background, and increase the related functions update, function involves audio stream API (Core Audio APIs: Rendering a Stream, Capturing a Stream or Loopback Recording)).

2. KL Product update some API monitory point in its newest Patches or threats database update.

So, you encounter that popup window behavior. Now Do you understand what I said?

Regards.

Hello,

Sorry for my poor english. English isn't my mother language.

I want to tell you the fact, because of the information you provide is not much, not for qualitative analysis. I personally think that this behavior may be due to:

1. The game was updated in the background, and increase the related functions update, function involves audio stream API (Core Audio APIs: Rendering a Stream, Capturing a Stream or Loopback Recording)).

2. KL Product update some API monitory point in its newest Patches or threats database update.

So, you encounter that popup window behavior. Now Do you understand what I said?

Regards.

But sometimes Kaspersky let's it run and other times it asks me to allow/block. It is not the case that 100% of the time it asks allow now or block now.

If anyone else could explain to me what is going on, that would be great too.

I noticed this too, just now.

If you look at Origins settings, there is an Voice-part there. Where you can chat during games. By default activation mode is at Voice Activation -> it hears you speak to your microphone, it activates voice.

Anyway, maybe this came in an update to Origin or Kaspersky has updated it's databases and has started to detect this now.

If you want to disable this notification happening everytime you start up Origin, select allow and remember my setting on Kaspersky's notification. Other thing I find annoying, is the fact that if program uses receiving audio stream, there is an notification from Kaspersky after you close program (this applies to every program using any kind of audio stream receiving/sending).

You can disable it by going to Kaspersky's

Settings -> Protection -> Application Control -> Manage Applications

Search for Origin.exe (for example), double click it, go to Rights and from Access Sound Recording Devices remove Log Events and hit Save.

I hope this helps and clears to you, why this is happening!

Also, in my books this is an excellent feature, because if a program wants to listen your microphone and doesn't tell you about it... Well, at least I wouldn't want that to happen ;)

Edited by MSuomi

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.