GogoPogo

Samsung Manager says KIS is Malware!

Phone: Samsung A3, O/S: Android KitKat.

Problem:

Samsung Manager has just started reporting that KIS (free version for Android from Google Play Store) is "Malware" and should be uninstalled.

Solution:

Why is Samsung Manager doing this and what should I do about it?

I have just purchased a KIS multi device license. It is already active on 2 PCs. I am just about to activate it on the 2 phones.

Thanks for your help.

:ay:

I have had this problem too. Samsung are being very uncooperative, telling me their software is working fine and to uninstall Kaspersky. There seems to be no way in the software to disable the notification.

Unfortunately I already have Kaspersky on my phone when this happened so am stuck!

Phone: Samsung A3, O/S: Android KitKat.

Problem:

Samsung Manager has just started reporting that KIS (free version for Android from Google Play Store) is "Malware" and should be uninstalled.

Solution:

Why is Samsung Manager doing this and what should I do about it?

I have just purchased a KIS multi device license. It is already active on 2 PCs. I am just about to activate it on the 2 phones.

Thanks for your help.

:ay:

Hi welcome to the forum.

It's a Samsung app bug error in Android.

Tempory fix is too "disable" Android Device Manager.

Settings>>lock screen security>>other settings>>device administrator's>>DISABLE_Android Device Manager>>

:supercool:

Since yesterday I have had this problem too with 3 KIS for Android regularly Registered (10 Multi device license): on 1 Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo and on 2 Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A and S2 !!

Edited by Prius

Hi welcome to the forum.

It's a Samsung app bug error in Android.

Tempory fix is too "disable" Android Device Manager.

Settings>>lock screen security>>other settings>>device administrator's>>DISABLE_Android Device Manager>>

Thanks for your reply.

We have two Samsung A3 phones, both purchased within 3 months of each other. Smart Manager is only reporting KIS as malware on the newest of the two phones. Both phones are reportedly fully software updated, but I've noticed differences in the About info which I will post here to see if it's the "Android security patch level" and/or "Kernel version" which are causing this issue.

Two Samsung A3 phones.

Both purchased within ~3 months of each other (Sep-Dec 2015).

Smart Manager is only reporting KIS as malware on the newest of the two phones.

Both phones are running the latest version of KIS today (11.11.4.761).

Both phones software is reporting as fully updated; but I've noticed differences in the About info - see the attachments below from each phone:

A3 with the problem:

KIS reported as Malware:

post-182318-1469971547_thumb.jpg

A3 without the problem:

KIS not reported as Malware:

post-182318-1469971554_thumb.jpg

Other than 3rd party apps, the only difference appears to be the "Android security patch level" (which is only displayed on one phone, and/or "Kernel version" which is the same but not with the same dates. Build number also.

Could this be the cause?

:blink:

I doubt it as it appears in Marshmellow 6 also.

It's a bug error in Android Device Manager.

Since yesterday I also have had this problem and its annoying...kojo+oi thank you for the tip and I have done as you suggested but by disabling device manager what amd I doing hopefully nothing to de-stable the phone

I doubt it as it appears in Marshmellow 6 also.

It's a bug error in Android Device Manager.

Yes it appears in Marshmellow 6 also !

In my case the problem appears in:

- Galaxy S5 Neo Android 5.1.1 - Kernel 3.10.61-5560999 - Fri Jan 8 13:49:27 KST 2016 - Security Android Patch: 2015-12-01

- Galaxy Tab A Android 6.0.1 - Kernel 3.10.49-7931139 - Wed May 4 14:25:00 KST 2016 - Security Android Patch: 1 May 2016

But NOT appears in:

- Galaxy Tab S2 Android 6.0.1 - Kernel 3.10.9-7767647 - Mon May 16 22:34:24 KST 2016 - Security Android Patch: 1 May 2016

Edited by Prius

Yes "Android Device Manager" is creating "malicious" user concern about other security.

Yes "Android Device Manager" is creating "malicious" user concern about other security.

.kojo+oi thanks again for the tip which worked yesterday but when I looked at mobile this morning there it was the notification that KIS is malware

Hi yes that's how malicious this is in Android false alert.

The bad thing is in Android Device Manager has no internal settings for user to disable.

Hopefully a new patch will fix it.

Hi yes that's how malicious this is in Android false alert.

The bad thing is in Android Device Manager has no internal settings for user to disable.

Hopefully a new patch will fix it.

I've got it in Marshmallow too, however, when I go in to Settings to disable Android Device Manager, its already un-ticked and still get the warning.

Also phone seems super slow to open when locked, anyone else experiencing this?

I've had this problem too for the last few days. However, this morning I loaded up KIS on my S6, updated it, and also logged in on the My Kaspersky site, and the issue seems to have disappeared. Now, under Device security in Samsung Smart Manager, it says the phone is secure, with no more warning about Kaspersky. I'm not convinced it's entirely fixed however. I'll post again if the issue resurfaces.

Hi I found this on a site and did what as it said and now when I open smart manager the virus scanner is deactivated so thought I would share it as it might help with this problem:

1. Open on your Samsung Galaxy S6 the app menu 2. Select Settings --> "Applications" --> "Application Manager" 3. Change to the Tab "All" and search in the list for "Smart Manager" 4. When you have found the entry, then tap on it to let you show the app information 5. Sequentially select the following buttons: Delete data Clear Cache 6. If you now open the Smart Manager on your Samsung Galaxy S6, then the security device, with the integrated virus scanner is disabled again and of course inactive.

Source: http://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-...software-solved

Android Smartphones

© Solvemix - quick tips, tricks and solutions

Edited by itekweni

Got it on a Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F) with firmware 6.0.1.

Warning

Deleting data on Android Device Manager can affect your "phone connection"

Just Disable as "device administrator instead"

If malicious warning appears just clear it on home screen.

Your phone security is safe with Kaspersky.

Just Disable as "device administrator instead"

Smart Manager is not listed as device admin on my S7 Edge (6.0.1).

I was able to deactivate the Messages on the lock screen, but notification LED still occurs (blue) same as along any other pending message (WhatsApp, Mail ...). So this is really annoying. :dash1:

Any trick on how to disable the LED at least or to do the same as described in topics before on my S7 ? Deactivating the LED entirely for notifications is not a desired option for me as I still aim to see if I have a pending message.

THANK YOU.

Edited by zac_df1

Hi,

you can try this<<settings>>application manager>>smart manger>>notifications>>disable notifications>>

For your interest:

The Smart Manager application, powered by Intel Security and embedded in some models of Samsung smartphones, has recently detected our security solution - Kaspersky Internet Security for Android - as malicious. This was confirmed as a false positive detection which was quickly fixed by Samsung. In the event that a user still sees the notification in error, it is recommended that they follow these instructions: Go to Settings → Application -> Application manager → more -> show system app → com.samsung.android.sm.devicesecurity → storage → clear data, then Settings -> Smart Manager -> Device Security -> Agree EULA. The device must be connected to the Internet and a charger during this process. After approximately 10 minutes, databases for Smart Manager will be updated and the incorrect notification will disappear. Kaspersky Lab would like to remind users that Kaspersky Internet Security for Android has been confirmed as one of the best security solutions for Android by independent testing labs AV-TEST and AV-Comparatives

Hi Victorm

Thanks for the updated information in fixing the "false positive" message from Security in Samsung Smart Manager.

I just tested and fix tip instructions worked on "Marshmellow 6.1"

Smart Manager Security "no threats"