Sign in to follow this  
lsvet1

Limitations under Windows 8. Disabled Firewall.

Why are there limitations in Kaspersky Pure under Windows 8 e.g. missing, disabled modules, functionalities like Application Control, SafeRun for websites and firewall?

Edited by Gljiva

because of microsoft changes to the internals of windows 8. They require pure to be changed as well - which takes time, the update now is to provide basic functionality and compatibility. Full compatibility for pure comes with pure 3.

When is that coming out? I'm planning on buying windows 8 soon, and I don't want to have an extremely weak defense when I'm paying the money for it.

Hello,

I am not sure if this question has already been answered, and if it has then I am sorry for repeating, but hope you will answer in this thread (saves me 'trawling' :)). My question is this, I recently purchased what I thought was Pure 2 and they sent me the first version, I have windows 8 (retail release) and was wondering whether this version of Pure would work and also if the version would upgrade to 2012 version? Is there any limitations of the software and compatibility issues with windows 8? I am aware that the firewall is not yet compatible, is this a serious problem or is the inbuilt Microsoft one strong/powerful enough?

Regards and thanks in advance for any replies

Yorkrose26

Greetings,

I've recently upgraded to Windows 8 and reinstalled Kasperky PURE 2.0 My problem is that ever since the upgrade/reinstall, the PURE 2.0 firewall doesn't work.

In Settings -> Protection, firewall isn't available as an option in the left-side menu.

In Main Window -> Computer Protection -> List firewall is greyed out along with Application Control, System Watcher, and Proactive Defense.

Lastly, when I try to turn on Kaspersky PURE 2.0 firewall in my Windows Action Center, nothing happens. Windows still reports that both Windows Firewall and Kaspersky PURE 2.0 firewall are turned off.

I'm running Kaspersky PURE 2.0 build 12.0.2.733 on Windows 8 Pro.

Any help will be much appreciated.

After I've installed the pure 2.0 (12.0.2.733) on Windows 8 Pro 32 bit and Activated it, I noticed that the firewall, application control and some features has been disabled and I'm not able to activate them.

Is this normal or known incompatible issue?.

post-210547-1353445287_thumb.png

Edited by richbuff
Merged. And the link to this was sent to Mhamad Ednawi. :)

I recently upgraded to win8 but after reading this don't feel save, can't we pure users get a kis license in the meantime?

I recently upgraded to win8 but after reading this don't feel save, can't we pure users get a kis license in the meantime?

bump

i bought pure 2.0 over internet and tried to install but there are compatibiliy issues. how do i cancel and purchase another version. i don't want to pay twice.

i bought pure 2.0 over internet and tried to install but there are compatibiliy issues. how do i cancel and purchase another version. i don't want to pay twice.

Seems there are lots of folks caught in the same predicament. Kaspersky Pure 2.0 is the only major security suite on the market to eff up this badly regarding windows 8 compatibility. What's worst is that they're selling this item as "windows 8 ready" knowing fulling well that it isn't.

I'm dumbfounded pretty much. Two months already passed since Windows 8 has been officially released on the market. Pre-releases were issued many months ago. But up to now Kaspersky Lab did not issue an update for Pure 2.0 completely supporting new OS. Firewall does not work. Password manager does not work properly as well. My tension is almost gone. I have been using Kaspersky products for many years, but it seems like it is time to find something else. :(

Merged.

The next version, PURE 3.0, is eagerly anticipated. Technical Release will be soon, and general product availability will be decided based on region. First half of year 2013 has been mentioned. First quarter of year 2013 may possibly be happening, too.

How will I be compensated? I just paid for Pure 2.0 from FutureShop on the same day that I bought a new computer and Windows 8. I would have just bought Anti-virus if I didn't want firewall - I based my purchase on the comparison list on the box so I feel I wasted my money. I think you should extend the license to 12 months after you release a fix. I assume I will get a free upgrade to 3.0 if that's what I need to fix the problem.

Hi there,

I'm having a little problem with certain functions on my Kaspersky PURE. I've installed it on all three on my computers and the last (which I'm using right now) works fine but the only problem I'm having is that the Firewall and some other functions are deactivated and can NOT, I repeat, NOT be activated. I've restarted Kaspersky, restarded my computer, I uninstalled my COMODO firewall before I installed this so I don't quite understand what the problem could be.

I have a HP Pavilion g6 and here is the getsysteminfo-thingy I guess you need in order to help me out.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...6a6e62880d1d859

I tried to upload the .txt file but it keeps saying that the file was larger than the available space....?

Thanks!

This is how it looks like. It's in Swedish but hopefully, since you guys are so used to working with kaspersky, can understand what it says maybe by seeing the logos.

post-448382-1358610933_thumb.png

I have the impression that .733 is becoming less and less stable under W8 after each new MS update. I get the "Previous Application Launch Failed" and "corrupted database" after every reboot now on two different computers (one 32 bit, one 64 bit). I am uninstalling completely and hoping for an improved 3.0 (it's not as if 2.0 was offering much on top of the standard firewall/defender anyway). I can't believe with 18 months lead time it wasn't possible to have anticipated the W8 release and changed the standard release cycle - increasingly sorry I "upgraded" from KIS to Pure.

1. No. :)

2. Yes. It has been this way for KIS and for KAV and for PURE and for all Kaspersky products that have annual license subscriptions, since Moses was a pup.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

I recently install Kasper sky pure 12.0.2.733 on windows 8 64bit

why Application control,Firewall,system watcher and proactive defence are disabled??? and cant not enabled them.

please help me

Edited by richbuff
edit: Merged, and poster supplied with link to this post/topic via PM.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.