jonnn

Firefox Upgrade

I upgraded to FireFox 16.0.1 and my KPM: 5.0.0.169 has ceased to be available in the top tray as a caption button.

My operating system is Win XP

I uninstalled and reinstalled KPM 5.0.0.169 and refreshed FireFox 16.0.1.

The lock/unlock KPM icon button appears in the bottom tray with info available but I cannot use KPM unless I open password manager and copy and paste.

I have a big International trip coming up soon and really could use this to be functioning ASAP, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This upgrade worked ok with my laptop running Vista.

Thanks

try this update thats posted at top of forum http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=242423 worked for me.

I downloaded Version 5.0 (5.0.0.169) and am still not able to run KPM in FF 16.

I am still experiencing the same problem;

There is no caption button in the upper right and no auto fill, in other words I cannot use KPM as it is designed to work, I can only copy and paste from Password Manager at the bottom right of the page.

Kaspersky Tech support has not been of very much help, "Nathan in NY" has left me hanging for 2 days since he recommended downloading Version 5.0 (5.0.0.169) after I supplied him with his requested screen shots and ReportMaker scan results.

I called them once again this evening and spoke with "Luis" he recommended to manually install Mozilla FireFox plug in as a supported browser.

It was already showing as installed but I uninstalled and reinstalled it anyway.

Same thing it doesn't run and after supplying good old "Luis" with current screen shots and Kaspersky Report data .. I hear nothing from anyone.

KPM works in Chrome and IE but this latest upgrade to FF16 has not worked.

I am going to SE Asia in a couple of weeks for an extended period of time and I have to say that Kaspersky support is not here when I need them and that sucks, because as you all know all of my passwords are tied up in their program and they don't seem to give a s...t about my problem of only being able to copy and paste from password manager.

Any immediate assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

I wish I could help more but that update fix is all I had for ya. I am familiar with need of assistance with kpm and not having it, its very frustrating, when it works its great but if ya need assistance its bad news. Best to you I really hope it works out for ya. maybe a clean uninstall and reinstall if if it will let you, Id check first.

I wish I could help more but that update fix is all I had for ya. I am familiar with need of assistance with kpm and not having it, its very frustrating, when it works its great but if ya need assistance its bad news. Best to you I really hope it works out for ya. maybe a clean uninstall and reinstall if if it will let you, Id check first.

Thanks for the support, I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything remotely connected to KPM anf FF to no avail and Kaspersky has not responded to the first two open tech support cases. I opened up another one on Thursday and heard nothing back from them.

I'm not going to waste my time and your ears about slamming them, but it is time to speak to someone other than their outsourced kids reading solutions from a manual.

Does anyone have a phone number or email address of "the big Kas"?

I need to speak with them directly but I have no idea how to break through their layers of what they refer to as tech support.

Thanks for the support, I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything remotely connected to KPM anf FF to no avail and Kaspersky has not responded to the first two open tech support cases. I opened up another one on Thursday and heard nothing back from them.

I'm not going to waste my time and your ears about slamming them, but it is time to speak to someone other than their outsourced kids reading solutions from a manual.

Does anyone have a phone number or email address of "the big Kas"?

I need to speak with them directly but I have no idea how to break through their layers of what they refer to as tech support.

I can identify w/ you. When I first purchased kpm I had issues and no help at all. Thank God for google. But really it was a lot of trial and error. I used help links on kasp' site but they either didnt go anywhere or never responded.

If the product works its great, if we need help?? :pray:

Unbelievable, I spoke with tech support yesterday (once again) and this guy says, ummmm, let me have a look at your case, I see, I will have the proper people look at your case and get back to you: this has been going on since the 22nd of this month!

Hey Mr or Mrs Kaspersky, are you going to back up your product?

Anyone know of a Password Manager out there other than these guys, I used KPM forever but apparently it's time for a change, THEY DO NOT BACK UP THEIR PRODUCT.

Did you check in Add-ons Manager of Firefox whether "Password Manager Autofill Engine" extension is installed, has version 5.0.0.169 and is enabled?

Did you check in Add-ons Manager of Firefox whether "Password Manager Autofill Engine" extension is installed, has version 5.0.0.169 and is enabled?

Yepp

What was the KPM version before 5.0.0.169 and does anyone know where I can getr it?

I'm thinking of trying to go back to the previous version of Fire Fox and KPM and see if I can get functional once again.

Thanks

It's strange that the extension does not work even though it is installed. If you open the error console in Firefox (usually Ctrl+Shift+J), do you see an error about the extension?

Previous version was Critical Fix 8 (version 5.0.0.166), but Kaspersky usually only offers the latest version for downloading. Maybe it would be easier to try previous version from Firefox first.

I didn't see an error about the extension but then again I didn't know what I was looking for.

There is a lot of errors and warnings but I did not see the name Kaspersky in any of them.

I had uninstalled and re installed the previous version Firefox 15.0.1 nothing changed.

This is a strange one, I have finally received assistance from Kaspersky today, but so far to no avail.

This afternoon Kaspersky Tech Support suggested that I disable all of my plugins and then uninstall and reinstall the KPM plugin

not!

GOOD NEWS!!

I have been working with NASDAQ a bleeping computer forum addict on a PUP and Blue Screen issue as well.

Among many things he asked me this morning to run AdwCleaner and to delete everthing that was found.

After running AdwCleaner I opened up the default Fire Fox profile and there was that old familiar box asking me if it could install KPM into FireFox, of course I checked allow and restarted FireFox and well wouldn't you know it, thare was that familiar green key in the upper right corner of the page , yesssssssssss!

This was an amazing problem that once again is solved by a BC forum Addict (unintentionally in this case but non the less - DONE!!

GOOD NEWS!!

I have been working with NASDAQ a bleeping computer forum addict on a PUP and Blue Screen issue as well.

Among many things he asked me this morning to run AdwCleaner and to delete everthing that was found.

After running AdwCleaner I opened up the default Fire Fox profile and there was that old familiar box asking me if it could install KPM into FireFox, of course I checked allow and restarted FireFox and well wouldn't you know it, thare was that familiar green key in the upper right corner of the page , yesssssssssss!

This was an amazing problem that once again is solved by a BC forum Addict (unintentionally in this case but non the less - DONE!!

:bv: Awesome! finally I bet thats a relief! I appreciate the update .

Edited by sloth7

Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue running Windows 7. I've followed your steps, run the adwcleaner, uninstalled and reinstalled FF but it just popped up with my old home page and I don't know how to open up the 'default FireFox profile' you describe in your post. How do I do it?

Thanks Dave

I upgraded from Firefox 7.01 to the new version 17.01 and Kaspersky did not work, during the upgrade, FF said that the autofill was not compatible , so I downgraded to FF 16.01 with the same result, in desperation I have now reverted to FF 7.01 and kaspersky is now working as intended.

so Firefox seems to realise that kaspersky autofill is not compatible , it must be up to Kaspersky to fix it, so I wonder how long it will take.

:rolleyes: