Mozilla is forcing us, whenever they discover a bug/flaw in their current release, they recommend that WE update to the current version!

Question has been asked, but never answered... :rolleyes:

This really is getting tiresome :rolleyes:

For the record I use Firefox on two computers IE on one. I would like the Kaspersky add-ons but until Mozilla can provide stable versions that last for a reasonable period I accept it is unlikely for Kaspersky to keep up.

You make the point"Mozilla is forcing us, whenever they discover a bug/flaw in their current release, they recommend that WE update to the current version!"

And "Question has been asked, but never answered... :rolleyes: " Yes many times in the thread you just added too

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=246187

C'mon Guys, Girls and others :unsure: Let's at least give the moderators a break :dash1:

My apologise for the overuse of emoticons.

Edited by Rayg

Again firefox is running faster than kav.

Kav add-ons are still incompatible with Firefox 17.0.

Content blocker

Kaspersky url advisor

Virtual keyboard

When asked about the incompatibility with version 16.xx add-ons I have read that it was because Kaspersky was working directly on the version 17.xx but having come this version, the add-ons continue to be incompatible.

What good would be that both run on a couple so users best antivirus and best browser have'nt incompatibility issues.

I hope you understand the spirit of this comment.

Hello,

The situation has not changed since the last time you posted. Posting here (again) will not speed up the addition of addon compatibility for firefox.

We have covered this topic many times previously, so I will leave you to read previous topics and draw conclusions based on the information provided there (i.e. Addon compatibility will be restored with a patch, ETA unknown, but with FF update schedule it is likely they will again be labelled incompatible.

I do not use firefox but would be curious to know what would happen if you simply ignored the compatibility warnings?

what happens? the world doesn't stop turning, a giant meteor doesn't wipe out mankind ;)

KAV/KIS carries on protecting while browsing via web filtering and web antivirus both of which are active on port traffic level independently of the browser. if you try going to a known to be infected page it is still blocked. Malicious content is still dealt with.

the virtual keyboard and url check buttons don't appear inside the browser on the toolbar and in some instances it has been reported Virtual Keyboard doesn't work when opened from the windows taskbar icon either inside the browser on text entry forms.

I have said this before on here and will repeat it again. If you must use firefox and want all the benefits of the latest browser engine and 'most secure' version then switch to ESR. The plugins work fine on that because the numbering system is 10.X.X

Edited by antikythera

I have said this before on here and will repeat it again. If you must use firefox and want all the benefits of the latest browser engine and 'most secure' version then switch to ESR. The plugins work fine on that because the numbering system is 10.X.X

Hello....I have seen this said previously on here by someone else but look what it says in the FF link under RISKS.

The ESR will not have the benefit of large scale testing by nightly and beta groups. As a result, the potential for the introduction of bugs

which affect ESR users will be greater,and that risk needs to be understood and accepted by groups that deploy it.

ALSO....The ESR is specifically targeted at groups looking to deploy it within a managed environment.

It is not intended for use by individuals, nor as a method to mitigate compatibility issues with addons or other software.

So how does that square with your comment ......all the benefits of the latest browser engine and 'most secure' version then switch to ESR.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Enterprise/Firefox...upport:Proposal

So what exactly do you want? Shiny buttons or latest and greatest software? Those two are not possible at the same time.

I trust in Kav, have a license bought 2 months ago valid until 9/2014.

not possible at the same time.

open mind

so how was it possible with Firefox 15.0.1???????

Because it changes pretty much all the time = a moving target and if it was easy to fix with each build of FF it would of course be implemented quickly, it is not because KL dislikes FF users or want to alienate them. We have been over this plenty of times like Baz^^ already stated.

The same guys saying the same things............guess it time for yet another merge, this time labelled 17, even though it's the same arguments over and over mainly by the same guys.

I was under the impression that Kaspersky was going to fix fix the KIS addons when Firefox 17 was released. It hasn't happened.

Does anyone have any information when these addons will become compatible with Firfox?

I have FF 17.01 and KAV 2013 13.01.4190. My URL advisor has been disabled, this happened before but with a different OS and versions. So I don't know the proper method to get it back up and running. I don't know Win7 all that well either yet.

It's been disabled in FF addons listing. Please advise, thanks!

Edited by richbuff
Merged to the already existing topic that had sunk to the hopelessly irretrievable subabysmal Stygian depths of page 5.

I have FF 16.02 and KAV 2013 13.01.4190. My URL advisor has been disabled, this happened before but with a different OS and versions. So I don't know the proper method to get it back up and running. I don't know Win7 all that well either yet.

It's been disabled in FF addons listing. Please advise, thanks!

Patch D is in testing and addresses the issues with the firefox plugins and will be released very soon.