chrzan

KSN Problem Still not fixed in CF1

Was told KSN problem would be fixed. Installed CF1 on 30 test machines and they are still contacting kaspersky.com every 5 minutes. I have KSN turned off in policy.

Was told KSN problem would be fixed. Installed CF1 on 30 test machines and they are still contacting kaspersky.com every 5 minutes. I have KSN turned off in policy.

My mistake it is fixed . you need to turn off under administration server too.

My mistake it is fixed . you need to turn off under administration server too.

Where do you turn this off under admin ?

Where do you turn this off under admin ?

I have attached a screen shot. but just got off phone with support .even though the KSN is shut off each client is still contacting Kaspersky.com every 5 minutes. They said it is pinging their time server and they are working on a patch. :dash1: I am very disappointed in this program

post-405267-1337094760_thumb.png

I have attached a screen shot. but just got off phone with support .even though the KSN is shut off each client is still contacting Kaspersky.com every 5 minutes. They said it is pinging their time server and they are working on a patch. :dash1: I am very disappointed in this program

Same problem here. I have been waiting for this fix since 12/11 and was told it would be in CF1.

Just rolled out to some test computers and the ping is still there....... :angry: ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!

Edited by ChasLkb

Same problem here. I have been waiting for this fix since 12/11 and was told it would be in CF1.

Just rolled out to some test computers and the ping is still there....... :angry: ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!

Yet another reason I've been unable to push this out of a test environment...

I have tested this now and checked our logs. To me this issue looks fixed. I have no more KES8 831 Clients, trying to connect the KSN servers.

Only the 646 Clients are producing massive I/O on firewall or proxy.

To eliminate the problem, try setting the proxysettings in KES to localhost. this should not produce LAN traffic.

Screenshot is german but you'll surely find the setting.

post-409325-1337164794_thumb.jpg

Update Got this from Kaspersky the other day and seems to work. Itested on a couple of machines I am just going to wait for the autopatch.

The below process and attached .ppl file should resolve the problem with KES 8 continuing to reach out to our servers every 5 minutes. HQ will be releasing an auto-patch during the month of June that will include this new file.

In the mean time you can perform the following:

1. Disable product self-defense.

2. Stop the product.

3. Rename the file tc.ppl (C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows)

4. Copy new file tc.ppl (attached) into C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows

5. Start KES and check if the traffic is still generating.

The new .ppl file should be deploy to all the clients.

tc.zip

Hello,

Did this completly work for you? I had the same issue and was given the same solution of applying the tc.ppl file to the workstations. I have completed that, but I still have a handful of workstations that are still trying to do the time check every 5 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Update Got this from Kaspersky the other day and seems to work. Itested on a couple of machines I am just going to wait for the autopatch.

The below process and attached .ppl file should resolve the problem with KES 8 continuing to reach out to our servers every 5 minutes. HQ will be releasing an auto-patch during the month of June that will include this new file.

In the mean time you can perform the following:

1. Disable product self-defense.

2. Stop the product.

3. Rename the file tc.ppl (C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows)

4. Copy new file tc.ppl (attached) into C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows

5. Start KES and check if the traffic is still generating.

The new .ppl file should be deploy to all the clients.

Hello,

Did this completly work for you? I had the same issue and was given the same solution of applying the tc.ppl file to the workstations. I have completed that, but I still have a handful of workstations that are still trying to do the time check every 5 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I only did it to a handful of computers and it worked on all of them.I did not try to do it to all of my machines as I have 1600. Kaspersky said a patch would be released in June but I can see that has not happened ( what a surprise :b_lol1: )

I only did it to a handful of computers and it worked on all of them.I did not try to do it to all of my machines as I have 1600. Kaspersky said a patch would be released in June but I can see that has not happened ( what a surprise :b_lol1: )

You didn't hear - June is the new August...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.