draco79

So my Boss wants to remove antivirus fromm ALL OF OUR COMPUTERS!!!!!!

Just like the topic says. He feels that it doesnt help the business at all and that all antivirus does is slow down a computer. He doesn't see a reason to run it on the computers when you can just rebuild it. Am I crazy or does that sound like a bad idea? I try to bring up the facts that they can steal information, copy files, etc. But he doesn't buy it. What has anyone here done to deal with situations like this? Or should I just go away and let him do it? I think something is better than nothing at all.

Thoughts?

That is a bad idea. Sure you can rebuild a machine, but how long does it take you to rebuild a machine. That's a waste of your time and company money. Also, if one machine gets infected it will then spread to the others. Once again, you are now wasting even more of your time and company money. Before we made the switch to Kaspersky, we had a VP very similar to your boss(not wanting A/V or any security at all), clicked on a link in an e-mail thinking it was legit. That link took him to a page that installed malware and a agent that called home to a hacker. That hacker was then able to infiltrate his machine gaining access to his local machines admin account, where he then starting zipping files into small chuncks and downloading him right under our noses. Because of our business type(which I can't mention) we had to get the Fed's involed in tracking this attacker. The hacker was able to steal several GB's worth of confidential information. Luckily the Fed's were able to track him down and arrest. The point is that A/V and security in general should never be taken lightly. Unless your boss wants sensitive company information out on the net and wasting your time with cleanups and rebuilds I would suggest him to keep KAS running to keep your company safe.

Is your boss stupid :blink: and IT ignorant :ai: ? Does he not value his job and the business he works for.

We got hit by Sharapova a few years back because the AV wasn't maintained and that cost us £1.5m in lost revenue (2500 clients and 200 servers over 20 sites).

Now we maintain our av and monitor it daily. We've not been hit since.

I would never, ever recommend purposefully infecting your network to prove a point.

Nope, sure wouldn't do it. Not ever. Not this guy. ;)

Seriously though, your boss has no business doing anything IT related (or even being 30 feet within any computer) if this is true.

Edited by JerradH

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.