GetSystemInfo_BAYLESSLLC_Jennifer_2010_09_23_13_43_40.zipGetSystemInfo_BAYLESSLLC_Jennifer_2010_09_23_13_43_40.zip

Oops! I hit enter to fast. Anyway, my laptop is experiencing the same problem when scanning. Stops at 99% and will stay there all night and day. I have turned off windows defender and uninstalled ASUS camera screensaver. The unknown malfuntion in the detailed report shows "MIME.broken." What does this mean? Is this my problem? I'm also seeing a problem with Win732_105, apparently a problem with windows setup? I'm sick of doing research and finding unknown sources that promise to fix the problems by having me "click here" to download their product. I'm not falling for it. So PLEASE HELP ME! Thank you in advance. :dash1:

Jen123, please uninstall ASUS Data Security Manager or go to ASUS website and install any updates, reboot afterward. It conflicts with KIS and is not needed anyway.

Any better? :)

Also showing in your logged events:

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
You might check with you manufacture to see if any possible bios, firmware or other updates exist.

Edited by rudger79

Definitely sounds like a malware infection to me.Have you burned a disc a encoded with the most recent definition files?If you haven't,do so..there are directions in support.Leave the disc in your cdrom drive.Boot into your system bios and set your boot device priority so your cd drive boots first.save and exit bios.as you boot you should be given an option to launch a virus scan before windows even loads.run the scan and hopefully it finds the malware i suspect is there.You can always download malwarebytes free version and run a full scan with that.It's a great 2nd opinion,although it will take awhile to scan.Also,assuming you have removed all past antivirus programs and their registry entries,have you ran a registry cleaning and temporary file cleaning program like iolo's system mechanic.Dont do the pro..just the plain system mechanic..the pro has an antivirus component which will conflict.I have used iolo system mechanic for years with no problems.it's a great tool which has solved several problems for me.It's a good thing to run if you cannot find any infection.It may fix whatever problem you have that is stopping your virus scans from within windows from completing.Dont do the quick scan..make sure you do the Deep Analysis scan and then checkmark whatever it finds.Good luck

C:\Documents and Settings\Everton\Local Settings\Temp\aax121E.tmp.exe

other than waiting for the virus section response you still have mcafee and symantec stuff installed and running in normal mode which I strongly advise you to remove as previously suggested. can't think of anything else at present that would cause the continued scan failure. in safe mode they are not loaded which is why the scan completes.

Not sure what to do. I have run the Mcafee removal tool twice. The only Symantec product I have is Norton Ghost which I use for backup.

Any suggestions on deep removal of Mcafee?

Hi Again,

I have removed Norton Ghost (temporary measure I hope) and all reference to Mcafee and Symantec products, a long process. Loads of enteries in the system registry not removed by the removal tools.

Just to be sure I also removed KIS and ran the removal tool, then reinstalled it.

After all that, Full scan still freezes at 99%. Also note that idle scan also stalls.

I have attached GSI below.

GSI Report

Any help most desperately sought. :pray:

Thanks

I'm also using Norton Ghost and I have the same problem. I wonder if it's related :unsure:. When I do a full scan, it always hangs when scanning the file xnacc.sys. If I scan only drive C: then it completes successfully.

Individually scanning the disks they all run 100% for me too.

Individually scanning the disks they all run 100% for me too.

Well, I'll share with y'all what worked for me. I uninstalled Kaspersky, updated windows. Searched my hard drive for Kaspersky, deleted all traces of it and reinstalled it. All the trojans and viruses it detected before (which I removed) were gone and now the full scan completes! When reinstalling, my computer was saying I had Kaspersky installed twice so I had to fix that a few times. I think I finally got it! :bravo:

Well, I'll share with y'all what worked for me. I uninstalled Kaspersky, updated windows. Searched my hard drive for Kaspersky, deleted all traces of it and reinstalled it. All the trojans and viruses it detected before (which I removed) were gone and now the full scan completes! When reinstalling, my computer was saying I had Kaspersky installed twice so I had to fix that a few times. I think I finally got it! :bravo:

Thats good news, thanks for sharing. :) I have a question though: What did you do, if anything, with ASUS Data Security Manager?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.