Sign in to follow this  
.Chris

Kaspersky Rescue Won't Boot

I have tried on several computers and now have two coasters of CDs to show for my attempts to create a Kaspersky Rescue Disc, but it will not boot. On 64-bit systems, I get a blinking cursor and nothing else happens. On 32-bit systems, the screen stays black and nothing happens. I'm dealing with a situation on my PC that requires using a rescue disk because Kaspersky seems unable to detect this particular trojan when it is on the boot volume, but can detect it when it is on other volumes. The problem is that the trojan copies itself to whatever other disk(s) are attached to the system at the time making the process of removing trojans the usual way impossible. To add to this, there is still a QA problem with the scanner (i.e., at some point it enters an error state and stalls for long periods of time, but returns processing errors instead of actually scanning the files it was asked to scan). I'm dealing with a difficult to remove trojan here and I don't need to hear advice that tells me to set the scanner to its most basic settings so that it does not take weeks to scan my entire computer because the underlying problem with the scanner was patched rather than really fixed in the last critical update. Please give advice on what I can do to boot up into a rescue disk. I've followed the steps mentioned in other threads unsuccessfully. If I cannot get the disks clean, I don't see any point in keeping exact backups of them. If I cannot be reasonably sure that Kaspersky can detect malware within a maximum of six months to a year of its initial release, I cannot ever know that I have a clean disk to keep exact backups of. As you might imagine, this brings us full circle. Please provide a solution. My patience is all but about exhausted on this matter.

I too have this problem. The CD is set at the top of the boot list. When attempting to boot the rescue disk it just has a blinking cursor.

I decided to have a play, so I burnt the CD image as it is originally downloaded (pre update).

This boots successfully, so I'm assuming that whatever process is updating the ISO image with the updated virus definitions is stuffing the boot part of the ISO.

Obviously this isnt happening for everyone so clearly there's something environmental going on here, but I'm also obviously not the only one affected by this.

For what it's worth I'm running Win 7 64bit.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.