Sign in to follow this  
vatson

Administration server on Windows XP

I see from the docs that Kaspersky Administration Kit can also be installed on Windows XP.

Our current installation is Administration Kit 5.x on Windows 2003 Server, however that server has lot of tasks and I would like to get KAV off it. Also, it's time to move on from our current setup of 5.x adminkit and (ca 370) 5.x clients to 8.x adminkit and 6.x clients.

The idea is to create a Windows XP machine as Xenserver guest and run Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.x on that. Then gradually migrate clients from 5.x and old server to 6.x and new server.

Is administration kit on Windows XP somehow 'limited' compared to administration kit running on Windows 200x Server?

D´n´t use XP as AdminServer in your environment. A workstation OS is limited by Microsoft.

I suggest to install a new SQL2005Express beside your exist database. Install the AdminKit on the same server and use the new DB. You cannot convert policies and tasks from version 5.x

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.