pjw

Cannot Delete "Product deployment task"

I have searched for an answer to this, and found the same/similar problem here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=13330 ...but no resolution.

I have a Product deployment task that I would like to delete: Deploy Kaspersky Network Agent ver. 5.0.0409 package. I have created a new task for Deploy Kaspersky Network Agent ver. 5.0.1151 package.

However, when I right-click on the task the Delete option isn't there, so i can't remove the task! :angry: I have tried moving it, cutting it, disabling it, removing all the settings, schedule etc within it. I've also checked client and server policies and folder properties.

I can't guarantee that I haven't missed something though, as I'm not sure where all the settings for this would be?

It means that I can't delete the old Network Agent package from "Remote install", I'm trying to clean up all the old versions.

Admin Kit Ver: 5.0.1151 (recently installed)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Paul

Edited by pjw

Have you logged in as an administrator to the admin kit?

Have you stopped the task before trying to delete it. If it still thinks it has something to do it won't let you delete the task.

Hi ScottV,

Thanks for replying. I am logged into the Win2k3 server as an administrator, there is no other login procedure for the admin kit on this install.

I have stopped the task, changed schedule to manual, I disabled policies temporarily in case something in one of those was holding it. In short done everything I can think of to disable it, but the delete option still won't appear :angry: I don't know where else to look, so am open to any suggestions.

All of the clients have now been updated to the latest NetAgent version, as I thought they might be somehow linked to the task, but still no joy.

Paul

Couple of ideas, possibly very silly. 1) Have you tried highlighting it and pressing the delete button? (can't say as I've ever used the delete option via a menu) 2) what happens if you remove the package from the share folder manually?

Any ideas are welcome, silly or not ;)

Yes I have tried the first.

Yes, I've deleted/moved the files. Now it can't read the package in the Remote install branch, but it still won't let me delete it - because it's being used by the "Product Deployment Task" - which doesn't have a delete option!

Paul

Same problem, but i ignore it :P

I think because its created when installing AdminKit, it cant remove.

Whe you right-click on groups (and/or) sub-groups, select properties, then client computers .. is there any checkbox for the deployment tasks activated?

If yes, deactivate this box and try to delete the deployment

May be it works ...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Whe you right-click on groups (and/or) sub-groups, select properties, then client computers ..  is there any checkbox for the deployment tasks activated?

No there isn't. I had checked this, but I've gone back through and looked for properties on any folder that can be right-clicked. I can't find the task anywhere :(

BFN,

I have the same problem with:

"Automatic installation - Kaspersky Network Agent ver. 5.0.1149 package"

"Automatic installation - Kaspersky Network Agent ver. 5.0.1150 package"

"Automatic installation - Kaspersky Network Agent ver. 5.0.1152 package"

"Automatic installation - Deploy XP-676".

The problem staid even after Uninstall the "admin kit", reinstall it and loading the Backup.

Goldy

If your tasks start with 'Automatic ... somthing', this is an automatically generated task. And it is true, you cannot delete it.

To remove it

- right-click on the (sub)group where it is located in, select 'properties' from the menu that appears.

- Go to the tab 'Computers',

- Remove the checkmarks at the 'Automatically install this application to computers in this group'.

- Press Apply/OK to modify the settings for this group

- Take a look at your 'tasks' folder again.

It's like magic :)

If your tasks start with 'Automatic ... somthing', this is an automatically generated task. And it is true, you cannot delete it.

To remove it

- right-click on the (sub)group where it is located in, select 'properties' from the menu that appears.

- Go to the tab 'Computers',

- Remove the checkmarks at the 'Automatically install this application to computers in this group'.

- Press Apply/OK to modify the settings for this group

- Take a look at your 'tasks' folder again.

It's like magic :)

Thanks but I have tried it already.

No luck... No magic…

Hello!

Autoinstall tasks can't be deleted manually, to delete them you should deselect the autoinstall options in the group's properties. If it doesn't help, please please rename the "bad" tasks to have some unique names, compress your "Dat" folder in the AdminKit server folder and send the archive to me as a personal message. Don't forget to tell me the tasks names. We'll give you instructions to delete the tasks.

Best regards,

Andrew Lashchenkov

senior developer

Hello!

Autoinstall tasks can't be deleted manually, to delete them you should deselect the autoinstall options in the group's properties. If it doesn't help, please please rename the "bad" tasks to have some unique names, compress your "Dat" folder in the AdminKit server folder and send the archive to me as a personal message. Don't forget to tell me the tasks names. We'll give you instructions to delete the tasks.

Best regards,

Andrew Lashchenkov

senior developer

Lashchenkov, it seems there is some problem with your mail.

I have put the "dat" file you asked for in ftp://mhftp.mh.org.il (kav/kav)

Best regard

Goldy

Best regards,

Andrew Lashchenkov

senior developer

I've just managed to make an autoinstall task undeletable: by simply cutting it and pasting it to the global Tasks. After that, the autoinstall option in the group properties are deselected, but the task remains. Moving it back to the group tasks doesn't help.

The task is no longer connected to any client, so it's only annoying.

Thanks and Regards,

Rainer Schöpf

I have the same problem with:

"Automatic installation - Kaspersky Network Agent ver. 5.0.1149 package"

"Automatic installation - Kaspersky Network Agent ver. 5.0.1150 package"

"Automatic installation - Kaspersky Network Agent ver. 5.0.1152 package"

"Automatic installation - Deploy XP-676".

The problem staid even after Uninstall the "admin kit", reinstall it and loading the Backup.

Goldy

142030[/snapback]

I have the same problem

The problem seems appear after i have move the task in a other folder

In french:

J'ai le même problème

Le soucis semble apparaitre aprés que j'ai déplacé la tache dans un autre dossier

how?

377750[/snapback]

We'll give everyone detailed instructions after July, 9. Andrey Laschenkov is on vacation right now.

Hello!

In order to get the appropriate individual script to resolve the problem, you should send to me (as a personal message) some information.

1. Tell me the exact version of AdminKit.

2. Run "run.bat" from the attached archive on the Adm Kit computer and send all the files "result*.*" wich will appear in the current folder to me.

3. Tell me the exact names of the tasks you cannot delete.

4. Give me the archive of your "Dat" (not "Data"!) folder from the AdminKit installation folder. It's usually too large, so it's better to exclude from the archive the following subfolders wich we don't need:

- FTClient

- FTServer

- Polices

Best regards,

Andrew

TskInfEx.zip

The problem with not be able to remove automatic installation tasks is a known prob if you have MOVED the task from one group to another. In version 6 this prob is solved (you're no longer able to move the automatic tasks to other groups).

Hope this info helps....

Yes but ... i have upgrade on version 6 and i can't delete this task create with the version 5 and move

395051[/snapback]

Have you read my instructionse above? (See page 1)

Jan is right (on 27.06.2006 15:20 comment)

I was unable to delete the "Automatic Install - <package name>" because just as Jan said, it was an automatic task created this way: right click the GROUP name where the task exists (not the group tasks), then choose PROPERTIES and under the CLIENT COMPUTERS tab uncheck the name of the kaspersky package being automatically installed (in my case I named it KAV6_WKS_ENU, a kaspersky package created earlier to deploy kav6 for workstations) and then click on the OK button and that's all! If you still see the task there just click the REFRESH button from the tool bar or just press F5.

And yeah, it's a kind of magic - Queen :b_lol1: : ) lol

P.S. I did this under adminkit 6.0.1710.

I have the same problem, cannot remove a task that installs Anti Virus 6 package.

It is not een Automatic task.

I use Security Center 9 and Enpoint Security 8.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.