Sign in to follow this  
younessebti

Installation Kaspersky Desktop Client

Good afternoon!

I have checked the topics in the forum but I couldn't find an answer.

I am sure that you have the solution.

I have some issues during the installation of the Kaspersky KOSS on 2 Desktop Workstations from the administration machine.

Machine 1:

An evaluation version was previsouly installted on the machine. We tried to install KOSS after uninstallation of the evaluation version. The process fail after 85 %, returning the error that we must reboot the computer. We have tried to reboot the machine several times but it didn't work.

Machine 2:

Symantec Cooporate Client 8 and Norton Cooporate Client were previously installed on this 2nd machine. We uninstalled those sotware first automatically then used utilties from the Symantec Website to remove all components and register keys, and finally went through a manual uninstallation. All those steps didn't help and we still get the message that those security clients are found to be active.

I hope that you can bring me some ideas and advices.

Thank you very much

Good afternoon!

I have checked the topics in the forum but I couldn't find an answer.

I am sure that you have the solution.

I have some issues during the installation of the Kaspersky KOSS on 2 Desktop Workstations from the administration machine.

Machine 1:

An evaluation version was previsouly installted on the machine. We tried to install KOSS after uninstallation of the evaluation version. The process fail after 85 %, returning the error that we must reboot the computer. We have tried to reboot the machine several times but it didn't work.

Machine 2:

Symantec Cooporate Client 8 and Norton Cooporate Client were previously installed on this 2nd machine. We uninstalled those sotware first automatically then used utilties from the Symantec Website to remove all components and register keys, and finally went through a manual uninstallation. All those steps didn't help and we still get the message that those security clients are found to be active.

I hope that you can bring me some ideas and advices.

Thank you very much

Hi,

Try use the cleaner tool that I've attached. Unzip the file. Run adetect.cmd file. It will detect and clean other anti-virus. Maybe this will help.

Regards,

lolipok

Cleaner27112006.rar

Hi,

Try use the cleaner tool that I've attached. Unzip the file. Run adetect.cmd file. It will detect and clean other anti-virus. Maybe this will help.

Regards,

lolipok

The bat file calls the exe with parametre /detect. it only detects which antivirus and installed. Here is the result.

How can I run deletion?

post-93682-1210858129_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Run cleaner.exe /all to remove all the found applications.

Then try to reinstall KAV.

Hello,

Run cleaner.exe /all to remove all the found applications.

Then try to reinstall KAV.

I created a batch file but it doesn't work.

Are you sure it is the complete command?

The file cleaner.exe is not the one I was thinking about, sorry

Anyway, what it the exact build number of Symantec AntiVirus installed on computers ? It should look like 8.xx

About Machine, look at the registry in the "run" key, there should be a value related to KAV meaning that it is necessary to reboot your computer. Delete this key and restart the computer again, it should help.

Edited by Tybilly

About Machine, look at the registry in the "run" key, there should be a value related to KAV meaning that it is necessary to reboot your computer. Delete this key and restart the computer again, it should help.

I have the same problem, i try clean the register deleting all the KAV and Kaspesky value but doesn't resolve the problem.

What's the value and the patch in the register that need to be delete?

Sorry my english, i'm from Brazil.

Hello,

I was thinking about this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\avp6_post_uninstall

Hello,

I was thinking about this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\avp6_post_uninstall

Tks Tybilly. WORKS!!! :cb_punk: :bravo:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.