Sign in to follow this  
smallfry

VPN conflict, now KAV NDIS Miniport won't go away

We have been having problems with our SonicWALL VPN client program and Kaspersky AV (workstation for small businesses). The problem is solved with the latest VPN client, but there's a problem with one computer.

This is an XP laptop that had the VPN + KAV conflict; uninstalling both programs was fine, but even with both programs gone, there is no network connection available. One thing that's odd is that XP thinks that the connection to the LAN is up (it says we're connected) but there is no network activity, and when invoking an "ipconfig," nothing shows up (no adapter names). Also, in the device manager there are multiple Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS Miniport adapters (3 total). They can't be removed ("Failed to uninstall device. The device may be required to boot up the computer.") and they have conflict/warnings ("Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19)").

I'm not sure if these remnants are to blame for the network issue, but I don't see anything else out of the ordinary. Has this come up before? Is there anything I can do apart from reinstalling the OS (please say yes!)? Thanks!

I also facing same problem in using FirePass VPN, the login and authentication process run until last stage, hang all include keyboard. And also for some planning data system exporting process.

What I did for it is go the the "Local Area Network Connection" click out the properties and just took away the check in Kaspersky NDIS, they all work properly.

But I think this is not proper way to solve it, as some PC can work without doing anything.

You may try these for a temporary or ...

I too had this problem once or twice. It happened to me during a workstation installation and I had a Blue Screen.

Tech support told me...

Sorry to hear… I would run a netsh command and also remove the NDIS filter if you haven’t already, then reboot. Thank you.

I was also given a file from our tech guys that would repair the IP stack. This always worked for me. It was called Winsockxpfix.exe. as the file says in the name it is for Windows XP.

Thanks! Unchecking the KAV NDIS in the network connection properties allowed the network connection to work again, which is enough for now. Thanks again guys!

Thanks! Unchecking the KAV NDIS in the network connection properties allowed the network connection to work again, which is enough for now. Thanks again guys!

We've had this same issue for just under a year now (starting in V6), in our case with Juniper and Netscreen VPN clients. My questions is.. doesn't disabling the NDIS adapter essentially stop the real time component of your antivirus?

I thought they had initiated a filter at the network level in place of V5s mechanism where they checked all writes to the hard drive?

So is it still a choice between running a vpn client and KAV?

Thanks.

Edited by crdadmin

At the moment, we're stuck on V5 until a solution is found.

Edited by crdadmin

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.