dukwhunter

KIS v7.0.0.125 & VISTA Home Premium Compatable ???

Hi Guys ,

I am currently running KIS v7.0.0.125/Windows XP 2005 Media center Edition & am thinking of upgrading to VISTA Home Premium .

Are there any know issues between KIS v7.0.0.125 & VISTA ?

Just thought i'd ask before i leap !!!! :0)

Thanks for any and all comments !!!

regards cool.gif

JOEY

yes Thats my operation system Windows Vista Home premium Edition and kis v7.0.0.125 its working perfect smile.gif

Edited by aroon7651

I just installed 7.0.0.124 on a Vista home premium, went just fine........as expected. smile.gif

And what about VISTA Ultimate and KIS 7.0.0.125?????Because tomorrow i say CIAO to my Dual Boot system ( XP Pro SP2& VISTA Ultimate ).And I will install only VISTA.But what KIS should i use??? 124 or 125????

Thanks in advance.

Up to you. Not much inbetween 124/135

KAV/KIS is compatible with all versions of Vista.

I just installed 7.0.0.124 on a Vista home premium, went just fine........as expected.  smile.gif

396519[/snapback]

Hi Don ,

One more question on KIS/VISTA !

After installing VISTA Home Premium , do i need to install all Windows Vista updates (high priority,software,hardware) before reinstalling KIS ?

Thanks

JOEY

Up to you. Not much inbetween 124/135

KAV/KIS is compatible with all versions of Vista.

396541[/snapback]

MAPKOBKA^^,

I asked because now i am using KIS 6.0.2.621c with VISTA Ultimate.Only for that i want to know if it is better to wait for the Final Release of KIS 7 in order to install it to VISTA.

Hi Don ,

One more question on KIS/VISTA !

After installing VISTA Home Premium , do i need to install  all Windows Vista updates (high priority,software,hardware)  before reinstalling KIS ?

Thanks

JOEY

396559[/snapback]

Yes, i would and i would use build 7.0.0.124..............simply because it felt smoother IME, this may not apply to you or ibok though. smile.gif

Yes, i would and i would use build 7.0.0.124..............simply because it felt smoother IME, this may not apply to you or ibok though.  smile.gif

396567[/snapback]

Hi DON

I install just to see KIS 7.0.0.124 because the version .125 that i had was corrupted.

I finally decide to install THAT VERSION to my Laptop with VISTA Home and also tomorrow to my Desktop with VISTA Ultimate.

Thanks.

I uninstalled KIS6, saved only my license and installed KIS 7.0.0.124 last night on my new Vista Home Premium, C2D PC. Everything worked fine and KIS 7 rocks! Smoother and faster.

Congratulations KL. wink.gif

Hi DON

I install just to see KIS 7.0.0.124 because the version .125 that i had was corrupted.

I finally decide to install THAT VERSION to my Laptop with VISTA Home and also tomorrow to my Desktop with VISTA Ultimate.

Thanks.

396596[/snapback]

Ok, pst back then tomorrow and let us know how it went................................smooth or? smile.gif

Ok, pst back then tomorrow and let us know how it went................................smooth or?  smile.gif

396624[/snapback]

Well i install KIS 7.0.0.124 in my Laptop ( Vista Home Core2Duo 2Ghz + 2Giga Ram) so far the machine works FINE.

The same with my Desktop with Vista Ultimate same KIS.

Only the Rootkit Scan is HARD.

I will do this alone no while serfing or doing other jobs like i did with the Full Scan after the 1rst installation.

Well i install KIS 7.0.0.124 in my Laptop ( Vista Home Core2Duo 2Ghz + 2Giga Ram) so far the machine works FINE.

The same with my Desktop with Vista Ultimate same KIS.

Only the Rootkit Scan is HARD.

I will do this alone no while serfing or doing other jobs like i did with the Full Scan after the 1rst installation.

397308[/snapback]

I MADE A MISTAKE.

The rootkit scan i can do it while i am serfing and i cannot feel it.It is NOT HARD.

Hi Guys,

I am currently running KIS v7.0.0.124 & Windows Vista Home Premium with no

problems whatsoever !!!!! cool.gif

best regards

JOEY

Hi Guys,

I am currently running KIS v7.0.0.124 & Windows Vista Home Premium with no

problems whatsoever !!!!!  cool.gif

best regards

JOEY

397438[/snapback]

I agree TOTALY with you!!!!!!!!

KIS 7.0.0.124 runs like a charm

P.S. If i want to upgrade to .125 can i do it without REMOVING v.124????

and if YES how???????

Edited by ibok

Yes, but it is recomended that you uninstall first. Go to FTP link in Important FAQ. After clicking 125, you have two choices. Download and save setup.exe and msi to the same folder and execute the setup.exe Or download and run the .exe. EDIT: To install on top of existing, try the setup.exe and msi, but uninstall first is recommended.

Edited by richbuff

hello

no, upgrade from 124 to 125 works without any problems

397552[/snapback]

Thanks Lucian

But as richbuff wrote before : Yes, but it is recomended that you uninstall first. Go to FTP link in Important FAQ. After clicking 125, you have two choices. Download and save setup.exe and msi to the same folder and execute the setup.exe Or download and run the .exe. EDIT: To install on top of existing, try the setup.exe and msi, but uninstall first is recommended.

Lucian i understand that i MUST remove the 124 and install 125 but i asked if there is a way to install ontop because i read something like that in the beta forum.(FROM .119 to .125).

Thanks.

Edited by ibok

no, you musn't remove anything.

it's simple to install on top. download kis.en.msi & setup.exe, put them in the same folder & doube click setup.exe, next, next, next and that's it

397595[/snapback]

Sorry Lucian for all those questions but now i run VISTA Home & VISTA Ultimate and another think.

before do that SHOULD i remove from the startup the icon of KIS as we did with the versions 5?????????( right click and exit to the icon???).

not required, the setup should automatically close it during the installation proccess

397599[/snapback]

Thanks Lucian smile.gif

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.