Jeff-22

Chrome self signed certificate, Cannot guarantee... ... [merged]

alex5723 

Am 1.3.2019 um 20:20 schrieb alex5723:

Did you assign fixed IP addresses to all your devices ? If your network uses DHCP than these IP addresses will change the next time you restart your Router/PC/Devices and the fix won't work anymore.

The lease time in my router is set to 7 days, so they receive the same IP everytime, unless one device is offline for more then seven days, which will not happen! ;)

I don't have a Chromecast but I did use the instructions to bypass the issue successfully. It turned out that my Android AirTV Player for streaming (e.g. for Sling, etc.) was using the IP on my network that was throwing that reported warning with the Disconnect button. Given the proliferation of networked streaming players out there, this might be an avenue worth exploring.

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, each time that restart or get out of hibernation, appear the info pop ups "the authenticity of the domain can not be guaranteed", that i've attach, the pop ups appear several times, the URL it's like "6537a48e-2fbd-49ce-49ce-c... ".
i think that's some trojan, that try to access to an url, but i've did some analisis with kaspersky free, and didn't get any issue.

Maybe i should try some tools listed in https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/utility so, can you help me how can i found and eliminate the issue??

kas.jpg

Edited by blockdojo

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, blockdojo said:

Maybe i should try some tools listed in https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/utility so, can you help me how can i found and eliminate the issue?

Hey blockdojo,

It's not a virus! You don't need virus-utility-tools!

It's a known bug, Kaspersky have allocated "BR#3214641", last known status "pending".

This forum https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/408030-chrome-self-signed-certificate-cannot-guarantee-merged/&page=13&_fromLogin=1 (13 pages), page 1 & page 12 : "Temporary workaround" steps.

Please note:

• Some Kaspersky customers advise the "temporary workaround" steps do not work for them.
  • Kaspersky has acknowledged there are potential security risks if the "temporary workaround" steps are implemented. Kaspersky advised they are "working to fix this/these issues as well". 

Cheers!

Edited by K-SNAFU

There is a workaround that does NOT require changing any security settings or port monitoring, it is NOT ideal either:

You can temporarily turn off protection and during that time, you can establish a connection to your chromecast. The protection automatically resumes afterwards,  but the chromecast will appear as a casting device again. 

Again, NOT ideal, but it works.

pauseprotection.png

Quite incredible that this should have gone on this long without a practicable solution.

Kaspersky should expect lots of non renewals - mine included.

Jeff-22 what if I don't have Port 8009 listed?  I only have ports 443, 5228, 8008, and 8060.  Thanks.

The problem has resolved on my laptop, and I took no action......has anyone else noticed the problem has resolved?

1 hour ago, ivorybill said:

The problem has resolved on my laptop, and I took no action......has anyone else noticed the problem has resolved?

It is interesting that you mention this -- The issue appears to have resolved itself on both my Windows 10 laptop and on my Windows 7 desktop.  I have not had any messages today, and I don't believe I had any yesterday, either.

Interesting..I know there was a major Chrome update pushed out today. Could this have been a Google problem all along?

The problem was also resolved on my computer after the Google Chrome update.

Kaspersky Lab Technical Support advice, today: Thursday, 7 March 2019 13:04
"Right now, our experts are still working on BR#3214641. Rest assure that our experts are still working to have a long term solution. At the moment this bug is still ongoing and we do not have any updates from the experts on the resolution since that they are still coordinating with Google about this. I would say that we can relate this to the Kaspersky application, it is now being worked out by our program application team."
unquote

https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2019/03/stable-channel-update-for-chrome-os.html
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Stable channel has been updated to 72.0.3626.122 (Platform version: 11316.165.0) for most Chrome OS devices. 

Patience is a virtue!  After a month of the dreaded error messages on 3 laptops in this household.we're now error free. 

Still having issues with this. I've read through this entire thread. I will not try one of the "workarounds". Kaspersky still needs to fix this crap.

2 hours ago, RiddleN said:

Still having issues with this. I've read through this entire thread. I will not try one of the "workarounds". Kaspersky still needs to fix this... ... ...

Welcome. Please post the exact version of Chrome that you have installed, and please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product. 

Are your Kaspersky databases up to date? 

I haven't noticed a pop up today or yesterday, come to think about it.

I took out the work arround settings, and the messages do not pop up anymore. So the last KAV update has fixed the problem.

2 hours ago, totto973 said:

I took out the work arround settings, and the messages do not pop up anymore. So the last KAV update has fixed the problem.

Or is it a Google Chrome update what fixed it? - Who ever "did the trick" -  13 pages of Thanks!

Regarding BR#3214641 

Is there somewhere I can track the progress of this bug report? Having to jump to the end of 13 pages and hope to find information is getting tiresome.

I have this issue with my Apache server that has a self signed certificate that I created.

• Client is Windows 10 x64 build 1763
  • Kaspersky version is 19.0.0.1088(d)
  • Chrome is version 3.0.3683.103
  • Server is Apache 2.4
  • I have two ChromeCast devices on my LOCAL network, the server is at another physical location, completely separate network

I just unplugged the two Chromecasts on my local network,  and the problem has gone away?
I will carry on and see if he issue happens again, it tends to  go away for a while then happens again.
I find it disconcerting that this might be the issue?

2 hours ago, tcrawfor said:

I have this issue with my Apache server that has a self signed certificate that I created.

Hey tcrawfor

Re: Is there somewhere I can track the progress of this bug report?

According to Kaspersky Lab Support:

1. BR#3258766 is the same as BR#3214641
2. BR#3258766 was fixed (by Kaspersky) March 5th 2019.
3. Even tho BR#3258766 {Chrome invalid certificate (Chromecast)} was scheduled to be released with [2019 patch E] the bug fix was "eventually" released through a database update instead of a patch.

https://support.kaspersky.com/13875?_ga=2.41366690.1818262559.1555372673-178925654.1555372673#block1

• For Chromecast users: you will no longer get a notification about a certificate issue when streaming through the Chrome browser.

unquote

Re: "self signed certificate that I created". 

User created, self signed certificates are not a "feature" any Kaspersky users have been reporting (in the 13 pages + the other Kaspersky Forums pages, where {Chrome invalid certificate} issues were reported, but not merged with topic/408030); so in your case, this may be something to look into. Have you tried removing that certificate & recreating?

If you're impacted, collect as much info as possible, screen prints, traces, Kaspersky application reports, and let us know. You may also wish to log a case with Kaspersky Lab Support. 

Cheers!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.