Melb

Can I get a virus/malware if I have Kaspersky

Recently I have noticed something I haven’t seen before In detailed reports, it says ‘application added to the trusted group’ when I have gone on the exclusions and threats under settings there is nothing listed there? I haven’t added anything to a trusted group? Does Kaspersky do this automatically? 

Also the application contain the words hermes I have googled this and lots of things are coming up about Ransomware? Has my computer been affected? If so how has Kaspersky not stopped this? 

I am in in the process of doing a full scan on my laptop however is taking a long time can anyone help as I am extremely worried!!

Welcome to the user forum!

1.  No anti-virus or security suite can be 100% accurate 100% of the time, so yes, it's always possible.

2.  If an application is "digitally signed", Kaspersky adds that to the trusted group and that application is not scanned (you can change this in Settings).  The reason you don't see any entries under Exclusions is because this is where you would make your own entries and Kaspersky would not scan them.  If you haven't manually added anything, then it will be empty.

3.  If your Full Scan comes back clean, then you should be good (or the best you can be).

4.  Check Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions > Detect Other Software... (make sure this box is checked).

Edited by dh27564

How do I change it in the settings? And what does digitally signed mean? 

Im waiting on the full scan but it is saying about 7 hours remaining! 

1.  Settings > Protection > Application Control >  Uncheck "Trust Digitally Signed Applications".  (Suggest you leave the default value checked, though)

2. It confirms the software author and guarantees that the code has not been altered or corrupted since it was signed.  It validates authenticity and integrity.

3.  The Full Scan will most likely finish long before 7 hours.

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing in Detailed Reports?

Edited by dh27564

Do you think there is much need to uncheck this then? 

And about the Hermes thing-I have nothing regarding that on my laptop, I can’t post a screenshot but there’s a few that end like Hermesgoal5.cmd and other numbers, along with Hermes target, I googled it and it said a lot about Ransomware but I thought surely Kaspersky would have warned me? One does mention the didgital signature thing though 

thanks for all your help! 

I also have some detailed reports that say suspicious activity blocked from internet explorer- it doesn’t go into further detail and I had nothing pop up regarding this - I don’t even use this I use chrome not sure if this is related 

1.  I would suggest you leave it checked.

Run the Detailed Report:  Main Screen > More Tools > Reports > Detailed Reports (upper-right).  In the left-hand pane (drop-down box), select Application Control.  Click on the entry that includes the word "hermes".

Next, click EXPORT in the upper-right (next to SEARCH box), name the file and save to the desktop.

Within the forum, locate and attach the saved file to your next post.

What version of KIS / KAV are you using (move pointer over the Kasperskyicon in the system tray)? 

i Am unable to do that as I am currently on the forum on my phone, I am wary of using my laptop under the circumstances also where is the system tray? 

Pass your mouse-cursor over this and you will determine product & version.

System Tray.JPG

Also, when the Full Scan completes please post the results.

Kaspersky total security 18.0.0.405(k) and I will do thanks 

Also, you should upgrade from version 2018 to version 2019 of Kaspersky Total Security (19.0.0.1088).

With your current license, it is a FREE upgrade.

Release of version 19.0.0.1088

Just to mention, it is (much) faster version than version 2018. :) 

Edited by Gjoksi

Full scan came back clear no threats detected 

If I didn’t uncheck the ‘application added to trusted group’ would everything in those trusted groups be scanned in the full scan or not? 

A Full Scan should look at everything on your hard drive (you can modify what is scanned in Settings > Scan > Advanced Settings > Full Scan Settings > Additional Settings).  Your scan results are good.  Post the screen shot when you can.

A screen shot of the scan? It didn’t say anything other than no threats detected? 

Also so the trusged group things will still be scanned? Even though they are trusted? 

So I have nothing to worry about with the scan coming back clear?

thanks for all the help!

Sorry, my mistake.  See my 3rd post concerning the detailed report.  Post that report, not a screen shot.

Will try to when I am home 

should everything be fine if the scan is clear? 

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.