Sign in to follow this  
Buddhikalb

Update agent - need XP agent, 7 agent and 10 agent ?

I have a Kaspersky Security Center 10 (Administration Server) Installed in a central server. about 50 PCs are connected and getting updates from the KSC 10. Also I have about 50 branches outside and all those branches are connected to this KSC 10 server via VPN. Each branch has an average of 5 PCs so you are looking at 250 PCs are connecting over the VPN and getting updates from this KSC 10 server. I have Windows XP PCs and Windows 7, 10 PCs in branches. I Want to reduce the update traffic over VPN by assigning each branch an update agent. so that my outside update traffic will reduced from 250 PCs to just 50 PCs or am I wrong? Since I have XP, 7 and 10 PCs will I have to maintain 3 update agents one for XP, one for 7 and one for 10? Or are all the Windows will be updated from one update agent (no matter what the OS version of the update agent)

53 минуты назад, Buddhikalb сказал:

I have a Kaspersky Security Center 10 (Administration Server) Installed in a central server. about 50 PCs are connected and getting updates from the KSC 10. Also I have about 50 branches outside and all those branches are connected to this KSC 10 server via VPN. Each branch has an average of 5 PCs so you are looking at 250 PCs are connecting over the VPN and getting updates from this KSC 10 server. I have Windows XP PCs and Windows 7, 10 PCs in branches. I Want to reduce the update traffic over VPN by assigning each branch an update agent. so that my outside update traffic will reduced from 250 PCs to just 50 PCs or am I wrong? Since I have XP, 7 and 10 PCs will I have to maintain 3 update agents one for XP, one for 7 and one for 10? Or are all the Windows will be updated from one update agent (no matter what the OS version of the update agent)

Hello!

Please check THIS article to find the answers.

Thank you!

That article doesn't mentioned anything about support level; example it doesn't say UPDATA AGENT supports KES xx,Kes xxx, KES xyz like that. So I assume that UPDATE AGENT keeps a copy of full update from Administration Server, Am I Correct?

Hello. 

As long as Network agent installed on a supported Operating System and functioning it is does not matter what kind of clients he is serving as an Update Agent. 

Beware that UA would need additional storage and computation resources, depending on a number of workstations being served and  whether you have WSUS enabled on KSC or not. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.