skuliaxe

Time Limit and allowed applications

I haven´t found a solution but here is my issue with my childs Android device.

The device has an 1 hour time limit and after that the child can only use the phones call function and nothing else.

I would like the option to allow other applications after the time limit has been reached. For example SMS and Calculator. Or even a separate (longer) time limit for specific applications.

Hi, you just answered a question I had. I agree. They should be able to SMS when the time is up at the very least. 

Also, having the app time limits per app is wrong. It should be per group of apps. IE, I should set 2 hours for social media and the child should choose between Snapchat, Instagram or other.s

I would like to define the start and end time of an app, not the whole phone. For example, if my child does his homework, disable a game for that time but leave the other functions active (eg Dropbox where teachers file lessons)

On 12/13/2018 at 4:07 PM, The Shield said:

Welcome Sogni Colorati.

You can set up an app as "Limited", and specify the number of hours (or minute) you want is allowed.
This is the reference page for do that (through your My Kaspersky Account): https://help.kaspersky.com/KPC/1.0/en-US/96904.htm

Ok, it does not work when the "Use the device" option is enabled. When the time of using the device is over, everything is blocked, except for the possibility of calling. It should be possible to define which applications after the end of this time are still available, e.g. a camera, calculator or SMS. In my opinion, SMS should be available, as well as voice calls always. The child can not always call, eg when he is in the library and sending an SMS message would be an ideal solution - especially when it would be possible to define a list of people from contacts to which the child could send messages (eg only to parents).
To sum up, the most important issue in (in my opinion) is the introduction of the possibility of defining which applications, in addition to ringing, will always be available, also after the time of using the device.

Awesome.  I just updated the Android app on a parent app and I can see that this feature has been added to at least Android. My child has an Android and Windows computer. Under Android I can now add allowed apps after device is blocked but not for the Windows client. Hopefully that is on the road map but is a lower priority for my.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.