sonofanarchy

Not able to visit a lot of HTTPS websites ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE [merged]

1 hour ago, The Shield said:

Well, finally some good news! I hope they release patch D very soon. Thanks for sharing that @The Shield

Edited by temp2018

Hi there,

I am still having the issue which Google Chrome's error message stated: 'This site can't be reached ....  ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE'  I know my Kaspersky Internet Security prevents me from accessing to some sites, especially my GMAIL. 

I recently checked my Kaspersky Internet Security and then disabled it for at least one minute to find out all the sites were reached without a problem and then excluded some sites on Kaspersky Internet Security's firewall, but I am not sure if this is correctly fixed as I don't want to make a mistake due to security concern.  Please find my five snapshots below for your information which I hope makes sense.

Unfortunately, I do not add any affected sites into exclusions as I do not know if they are right or wrong.

Are there any other reasons that Google Chrome's error message which states that the site cannot be reached (ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE)?

Let you know I think my Kaspersky Internet Security is still a 2018 version.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you.  

This site cant be reached.PNG

Kaspersky 1.PNG

Kaspersky 2.PNG

Kaspersky 3.PNG

Kaspersky 4.PNG

4 hours ago, The Shield said:

I agree with this.
Yes, a temporary solution is to use Edge that is not affected by this problem.

Regards

I don't agree with this. Kaspersky can not, nor anyone else (except the 5+9 Eyes countries - NSA...) scan data on encrypted connections, unless, Kaspersky is hi-jacking the private encryption keys, decrypting the data and then encrypting, which if true is a HUGE security and privacy risk.

I am running Kaspersky with disabled 'encrypted connections' and 'script injection'.

Edited by alex5723

21 minutes ago, alex5723 said:

Select 'do not scan encrypted connections'

It worked, but I am still not satisfied, because I got a Kaspersky warning message which states that it will reduce my computer protection if it doesn't scan encrypted connections.

image.png.707e8ec3c5f6e1c9b6918e409f210a6c.png

Also , please clean install  KIS 2019 :

> exit KIS 2018 > uninstall > reboot 

> install KIS 2019 > update Databases > reboot 

29 minutes ago, Berny said:

Also , please clean install  KIS 2019 :

> exit KIS 2018 > uninstall > reboot 

> install KIS 2019 > update Databases > reboot 

Seemingly, it has worked successfully.  Thanks.

Well it's not even 24 hours since I did an uninstall of KIS 2019 and clean install and now again I'm getting intermittent ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE on various web pages. 

Edit// Three things to do while this topic temporarily is in flood stop mode: 

1. Please follow the instructions that are already posted in this topic thread.

2. Please try un and re install Kaspersky.

3. Please contact Tech Support. 

Edited by richbuff
Edit: Flood stop.

I'm suffering with the same problem, cant access my gmail. If there is a patch coming out any idea when.

35 minutes ago, labraxas said:

I'm suffering with the same problem, cant access my gmail. If there is a patch coming out any idea when.

Disable 'scan encrypted connections'

Sup fellas , I hope you're doing well

You see I have a problem, when I want to enter facebook using Google Chrome this appears:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE

I am sure it's the antivirus because it is the only page in chrome that I cannot open. I opened other pages without problems but facebook is the only one that does not open correctly and for being sure I opened it in the opera browser without problems, so I do not know what setting may be causing that cannot open specifically in Chrome. I must say in a couple of days ago i gave kaspersky permission to block the use of the webcam that chrome always needs when it starts; but after changing my mind and allowing chrome to use the camera, i saw the problem of entering facebook was solved ... until now I cannot enter again

Can you help me to know what setting does not allow me to enter?

regards

Edit// Merged. Three things to do while this topic temporarily is in flood stop mode: 

Edited by richbuff
Merged.

Hello,

Is there anybody facing the same issue as me? I am not able to  access www.gns3.com using Firefox while another browser are oke such as Chrome/IE.

Please note that I can access such website when disabling Kaspersky Internet Security. My current Firefox version is Firefox Quantum 62.0.3 (64-bit) - the lastest version. See the screenshot attached for the details

Please assist me to solve the issue !

Thanks in advance

Untitled.jpg

Update

The issue is resolved by choosing the option "Do net scan encrypted connections" in Setting - Additional - Network. What could be the issue ? Is there any impact on the KIS security performance when I choose this option ?

Untitled1.jpg

Edited by Alan Ngo

What version of KIS are you running? Scroll over the icon in the tray and a little popup should tell you version and patch.

I am running KTS2019 and have Scan encrypted connections enabled and am running FF 62.0.3 64bit and www.gns3.com opens and displays fine.

14 minutes ago, Tmod700 said:

What version of KIS are you running? Scroll over the icon in the tray and a little popup should tell you version and patch.

I am running KTS2019 and have Scan encrypted connections enabled and am running FF 62.0.3 64bit and www.gns3.com opens and displays fine.

Hi @Tmod700

I am using KIS19 - 1088

Untitled3.png

The same problem. It is serious Kaspersky bug . But users do not care about causes - because on their side it simply not works. More, and more pages in last few days. It looks like snowball effect.

Kaspersky must fix it right now.

Right now.

BTW: using alternative, open software like Palemoon (great browser) fix problem on my site. Interesting coincidence, isnt it?

Edited by richbuff
Del political content.

2 hours ago, p0k3m0n said:

BTW: using alternative, open software like Palemoon (great browser) fix problem on my site. Interesting coincidence, isnt it?

You can also use Edge.

I think if Kaspersky does not fix the issue soon it's time to consider to use another Internet Security...

The update just rollout to Chinese version KIS2019 this evening and stop almost all SSL connection on my computer.

Please fix it ASAP!

Guys, the solution arrives with the release of the patch D.
Now, you can use this temporary solution: (1) use Edge or (2) Settings > Additional > Network > "Do not scan encrypted connections".

Just wonder why Kaspersky still insists rollout this buggy update to Chinese version KIS2019 today as this bug is already discovered on other version 3 weeks ago.

Please fix it ASAP.

Edit// Merged. Three things to do while this topic temporarily is in flood stop mode: 

Edited by richbuff
Merged.