Tmod700

Start with Windows broken, KTS2019 19.0.0.1088(b)

16 hours ago, Tmod700 said:

Ok got as little excited that I was finally able to get 19.0.0.1088(c) downloaded but that is where my excitement ended. KTS 19.0.0.1088(c) still has the no start issue that KTS 19.0.0.1088(b) has. After multiple times of uninstalling and installing KTS 19.0.0.1088(a) will still start every time after reboot or fresh system start.

So back to 18.0.0.405(j) for me.

It has to have something to do with Win 10 Pro as my Win 10 Home has no issues.

With Patch c on Win 7 x64 Ultimate, Kaspersky still doesn't start with Windows

Updated automatically

Thanks richbuff. My machine must not be on the update list yet. I followed the instructions in that article (and another it referenced) to update the databases and reboot, but I'm still running patch "b". I'll standby until this update automatically installs itself.

2 hours ago, MannionGeo said:

Thanks richbuff. My machine must not be on the update list yet. I followed the instructions in that article (and another it referenced) to update the databases and reboot, but I'm still running patch "b". I'll standby until this update automatically installs itself.

Boot into safe mode and see if the version changes. After installing 19.0.0.1088(a) I had to boot into safe mode to actually see the version number change to (b). Just recently I had to do that step.

It looks like my installation may be trying to install the "c" update - the database update window notified me that an application update is available.

Unfortunately, running the updater doesn't appear to actually install the patch. Every time I click the "Run update" button and/or reboot, I ultimately get this same screen.

This is on Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64.

update.jpg

4 hours ago, MannionGeo said:

It looks like my installation may be trying to install the "c" update - the database update window notified me that an application update is available.

Unfortunately, running the updater doesn't appear to actually install the patch. Every time I click the "Run update" button and/or reboot, I ultimately get this same screen.

This is on Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64.

Go to Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 19.0.0\ and look for kis2019mp0c.msp file. If you see that file then you have updated to version (c) but whether it shows or not in the version number seems to be iffy.

On 10/3/2018 at 12:31 PM, DraculaxAOE said:

With Patch c on Win 7 x64 Ultimate, Kaspersky still doesn't start with Windows

Updated automatically

Ok so much for the Win 10 Pro only thought. Going on roughly 60 days here with this issue personally and Kaspersky Tech has zero idea.

After several more tries, the "c" patch finally installed. I don't know if this is related or incidental, but I did the final attempt in Windows Safe Mode, while checking the version number per Tmod700's recommendation. Now, KTS reports the proper version when booting Windows in normal mode, and it no longer prompts me to install an update or reboot. (I also verified that the kis2019mp0c.msp file exists.)

Despite this initial success, the patch does not fix the auto-start problem. Among other tests, I rebooted and let Windows sit untouched overnight, in case the services were just slow to start. By morning, however, KTS was still not running.

3 hours ago, MannionGeo said:

After several more tries, the "c" patch finally installed. I don't know if this is related or incidental, but I did the final attempt in Windows Safe Mode, while checking the version number per Tmod700's recommendation. Now, KTS reports the proper version when booting Windows in normal mode, and it no longer prompts me to install an update or reboot. (I also verified that the kis2019mp0c.msp file exists.)

Despite this initial success, the patch does not fix the auto-start problem. Among other tests, I rebooted and let Windows sit untouched overnight, in case the services were just slow to start. By morning, however, KTS was still not running.

Well it looks as though Kapsersky missed the mark on the fix for this issue. Looks like we may have to wait for release (d).

Well I am at my end with Kaspersky Tech Support, It has been 70 days since I first reported it and all they have done since day 1 is ask for repetitive submissions of Traces and SystemInfo. I gave them a 20 minute trace and they said it was too long so I gave them a 5min trace like they asked for and now they are asking for a 10min trace, I also sent them just a reboot trace so they could see KTS2019 didn't auto start. I have also submitted in excess of 5 systeminfo reports all on the same OS and hardware so nothing has even changed.

They stated they knew what the issue was and would be resolved in release (c), Well (c) didn't fix the issue and now they all of a sudden don't know what the issue is. This after I found the file that was causing the issue but I guess they don't thoroughly read what you submit in writing.

Hopefully others have submitted this issue to tech as well. So back to KTS2018 as it runs smooth as butter with zero issues.

I found a file on Kapsersky's server that installs 19.0.0.1088(c) without all that update crap with previous methods, Using the exact same system as in the original post Win10 Pro and installing 19.0.0.1088(c) directly using the startup file my machine will not boot every time while running 19.0.0.1088(c). Must have been an issue from (b) that caused an issue when it updated to (c).

Link to startup.exe for direct install of 19.0.0.1088(c)

58 minutes ago, Tmod700 said:

my machine will not boot every time while running 19.0.0.1088(c)

Do you mean that the OS won't boot, or KTS won't start automatically?

6 minutes ago, MannionGeo said:

Do you mean that the OS won't boot, or KTS won't start automatically?

Ooooops, Yeah meant to say that KTS2019(c) will auto start every time the OS boots up after installing using that link. The OS always booted fine regardless of Kaspersky version.

For those that still have the issue as posted in the first post try this.

Go into the registry and edit the following,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kldisk]
"Start"=dword:00000002

To

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kldisk]
"Start"=dword:00000001

I was sent a message referring to this fix but wanted to see what patch (c) would do and sure as shootin it changed the start from 2 to 1 on the kldisk service.

Thanks to the sender of the message and why Kaspersky Tech did not bring this to light is beyond me.

I tried installing the "direct install" link that Tmod700 posted on 2018-10-15 - then spent the following 4 hours fixing the damage it did That's not a comment on Tmod700's link, but rather the KTS product.

After more than a half-dozen installs today of that startup.exe, the current startup14445.exe from the main download page on the Kaspersky website, and even my old 18.0.0.405 full installer, every attempt left my computer unusable. I tried upgrading in-place, and clean reinstalls. Nothing worked.

On every attempt, I couldn't restart without physically powering off. Several times the Windows desktop (e.g. task bar, wallpaper) wouldn't launch - and, when it got in that state, even CTRL+ALT+DEL didn't do anything. Waiting tens of minutes yielded no usable desktop. In the cases where a desktop would eventually come up, I couldn't uninstall KTS 2019, or Kaspersky Secure Connection without hanging the machine.

The only thing that works for me now is booting to safe mode, disabling all Kaspersky services, then rebooting to normal mode and uninstalling all Kaspersky products. I had to do this each time I attempted a reinstall and, ultimately, just to get back basic usage of my machine.

As someone who's used Kaspersky products exclusively on all of my Windows machines for the past 10 years, I'm rapidly losing confidence in both the software and the company. I've already lost several $K in recent weeks due to my direct time spent diagnosing and attempting to repair my KTS install. The "c" patch doesn't work. Clean "c" installs don't work. Support hasn't contacted me in weeks. And, from following this thread, prospects seem unlikely for a fix in the near future. I don't feel that I can rely on Kaspersky to protect me at this point.

I have 92 days left in my subscription. I'm going to use that time to evaluate alternative products, including one that I just now installed, which at least allows my machine to boot properly. Out of respect to Kaspersky, I will refrain from posting information about my results with competing products here. Good luck to those who stick with KTS 2019; I hope you find a solution soon.

Wow sorry to hear that, Did you use Kavremover to uninstall any remnants that may have been left over?

16 hours ago, MannionGeo said:

I tried installing the "direct install" link that Tmod700 posted on 2018-10-15 - then spent the following 4 hours fixing the damage it did That's not a comment on Tmod700's link, but rather the KTS product.

Interesting post on the KIS section, a user ran Kavremover and it screwed up his system by removing the system restore point.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/402508-kis-19001088c-incompatible-with-windscribe-vpn/&_fromLogin=1

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.