TheP3te

Safe Money refuses to use Firefox

Here's my situation, I have a computer with Total Security 17 installed on it and Firefox as the default browser for a while, and everything was working fine. Earlier this week I had to reinstall Firefox to fix an issue. After the reinstall I readded the Kaspersy Protection and Password manager addons. Everything seemed fine. However when I'd go to do banking, rather than opening a new FF window as a secure browser, Safe Money now opens Inernet Explorer. Going into Safe Money's settings, Firefox is no longer in the list of browsers to use. My options are IE, Chrome and Default Browser. Firefox is currently the default browser on the system (Windows 10 if it matters). Interestingly if I select Chrome from the list of browsers to use in Safe Money, it still opens IE unless I also change the system default browser to Chrome.

Based on Kasperky support's recommendation I upgraded to Total Security 18, which went fine but the issue persists and the behavior mentioned above hasn't changed at all. I've also tried completely removing and reinstalling both FF and Total Security without any improvement. So currently I have Total Security 18, Firefox default browser with the appropriate extensions installed and enabled, no error messages, but Safe Money refuses to detect or use FireFox, and seems to only respect the selected browser in the settings if it's also the system default. I'm currently waiting to hear back from Kaspersky support, but I'm open to any suggestions at this point.

B) Welcome to KTS : As most Klab users know the Safe money app

it produces a lot of issues, related to its browsers usage. So that

better wait for Tech support solution and post back..SeeYa!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.