SAJFLAD

KTS and Windows Defender Compatibility

Hi 

Is KTS19...(a) compatible with Windows Defender, or should Defender be disabled? I did a forum search but couldn't find an answer - perhaps because vs 19 is so new - and couldn't find anything on kasp website. I ask because, as shown in the screenshot, Windows suggests that KTS can be used, and have Defender perform periodic scans - so, is it ok to turn this setting on, to have Defender periodically scan?

Thanks 

1.png

It is not recommended to run Windows Defender or any other multiple protection layers on top of Kaspersky.

1 hour ago, Berny said:

It is not recommended to run Windows Defender or any other multiple protection layers on top of Kaspersky.

OK, thanks Berny. By saying you can keep using your current provider, Microsoft seem to be a bit misleading then, because you'd have thought they would know it's not recommended to run more than one security provider. Anyhow, I'll leave Defender off. I haven't done anything with Defender other than let KTS deal with it from when KTS was installed. Therefore, should I be doing something such as disabling Defender somewhere, or is it OK to leave just what KTS has done with Defender when KTS was installed?

Thanks 

Please check this MSCONFiG > Disable WD in the Services and at StartUp > Reboot

32 minutes ago, Berny said:

Please check this MSCONFiG > Disable WD in the Services and at StartUp > Reboot

That's now done thanks.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.