NVTesla

KIS 19 Causing Resolving Host delays on Chrome [cross post > merged]

1 hour ago, Whizard said:

Posting on the forum will not push the issue. Creating tech support ticket via my.kaspersky.com does.

Kaspersky does not provide support for Kaspersky Free, which means I can't submit the issue even though this issue also applies to KIS etc

On 7/14/2018 at 5:15 AM, steel9 said:

Kaspersky does not provide support for Kaspersky Free, which means I can't submit the issue even though this issue also applies to KIS etc

If you like Kaspersky, BUY it ! You can get very good deals from reputable online/shop from retailers.

Then you are fully supported.

Hello, I'm having the same problem as described here on two of my computers using KIS. Anything new on the proper solution or fix (because disabling part of security system is not an acceptable solution)? This error seems to be present for almost two months and has not been fixed yet, although there are some people who have this problem. With Kaspersky 2018 I had no problem, everything worked smoothly, and with the 2019 version this problem occurs. I'm running on Windows 10 1709 and the version of Kaspersky is "Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(b)".

Turning off TLS 1.3 worked for me too.

Now the programmers should know what to do.

So just do it!

by the way: Why did this work better in previous version?!? :wacko:

En 13/7/2018 a las 19:58, Whizard dijo:

Posting on the forum will not push the issue. Creating tech support ticket via my.kaspersky.com does.

No, it doesn't. I have created three support tickets. I'm not a KIS FREE user,  I have a paid subscription for 3 computers and it makes no difference. I have explained the issue in detail to support, several times, and I've linked to this forum and this specific topic for more information. Nothing. I have answered all the emails they send and AGAIN, the replies are automated. It's like talking to a WALL. It's infuriating. They offer to do a live support session, which I don't need (none of us do) because IT'S NOT AN USER PROBLEM. IT'S A SOFTWARE ISSUE WITH KIS19. 

hace 20 horas, richbuff dijo:

Welcome.  Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: 

a. Description of the issue.
b. Screenshot, as needed.
c. GSI

Again, automated answers. WHY?! I just want you people to acknowledge the problem and say you are working on it. Or not, but give us some info. WE HAVE REPORTED THIS THROUGH THE APPROPRIATE CHANNELS FOR MONTHS. Sorry for the caps, but I'm fed up with this, and with your awful customer service. Again, as I told support, if you don't fix it, I'm moving my business elsewhere.

hace 6 horas, soran1974 dijo:

Turning off TLS 1.3 worked for me too.

Now the programmers should know what to do.

So just do it!

by the way: Why did this work better in previous version?!? :wacko:

They should do it. Someone should drop a line and say "Sorry for the inconvenience, working on it." Or at least give an official answer instead of relying on the own users troubleshooting this issue with workarounds and being force to disable security options.

PLEASE. NO MORE AUTOMATED ANSWERS. PLEASE. Listen to us, work on this issue.

I love KIS and I don't want KIS18 to be the last version I use, because the software is excellent otherwise.

Thank you.

With KIS 19.0.0.1088(a) Windows 10 pro, I found that Chrome spent a good few seconds with the curved arrow rotating anti-clockwise and sometimes even timed out.

Changing the  Chrome://flags TLS setting did not make chrome any quicker and I'm not sure patch(b) was any great help either!

However Clicking "Customise & Control Google Chrome" (3 vertical .  )>more tools>extensions and Removing Adblock Plus.

and

Clicking "Customise & Control Google Chrome" (3 vertical .  )> Help >About caused Chrome to update from 67.0.3396.99 to 68.0.3440.75

Appears to have speeded up the 'loading' of Chrome!

Well, I did contact support.
First they said they could reproduce the problem. But a mail later I had to alter and change all kind of settings within Windows 10 to see if that fixed the problem? Felt like some kind of guinea pig .....
I know they try to help but in the end I did not follow that advise because it would totally change the way I have my Windows 10 set up.
The B version of KIS 2019 still has the bug though. It even got worse: even Google pages are now refusing at random to load when "Scan secured connections" within KIS 2019 is enabled.

Regarding the Chrome TLS 1.3 feature, it's actually described in their own description that this feature can cause problems.

The only Google service with TLS 1.3 enabled at this time is Gmail, thus Chrome 65 should successfully negotiate TLS 1.3 when connecting to Gmail. However, there is a possibility that bugs in software (such as anti-virus software), or hardware middleboxes, that are between Chrome 65 and a TLS 1.3-enabled service like Gmail will cause problems. We have worked hard to tweak TLS 1.3 in ways that workaround the middleware bugs that we're aware of, but there might be things that we don't know about.

It can cause the following problems:

1. Chrome 64 works without issues.
  2. Chrome 65 works for all sites except Gmail.
  3. Gmail fails to load with ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE.

and Chrome is suggesting the following solutions for it's feature:

1. Do you have local "anti-virus" software running that may be attempting to manipulate TLS connections (often called "HTTPS scanning")? If so, please see whether disabling that scanning solves the problem and, if so, please report to us the vendor and version number of the software.

Disabling TLS is only one solution that worked.

Still my quest to find a solution for how to speed up internet connection over VPN remain unsolved. No matter what, i cant find any reliable solution to its very poor performance. And not any properties set in KIS19 worked... turning off Scan secure connection, nor turning off anything but AV part, config in firewall, nothing.. Also it happens to be like that in every single browser i've tried.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb frankk_:

Disabling TLS is only one solution that worked.

Still my quest to find a solution for how to speed up internet connection over VPN remain unsolved. No matter what, i cant find any reliable solution to its very poor performance. And not any properties set in KIS19 worked... turning off Scan secure connection, nor turning off anything but AV part, config in firewall, nothing.. Also it happens to be like that in every single browser i've tried.

maybe this one helps?

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/353744-kaspersky-internet-security-2016-ndis-fehler/&do=findComment&comment=2610561

it's german, but the  commands should be self describing

Edited by soran1974

On 7/30/2018 at 11:26 AM, soran1974 said:

Thanks, and as i understand intentions to resolve my issues, by some commands, same time when i installed just for test purposes Norton or BitDefender equivalent suites -- it just worked, with OpenVPN i had installed, and more -- it worked also with Viscosity and couple other clients like Mullvad or PrivateVPN... so, i am positive there are numerous solutions to my problem, but it would be nice if that would all just worked without issues, straight "out of the box" :)

Anyway thanks :) 

В 28.07.2018 в 22:27, meegja сказал:

Well, I did contact support.
First they said they could reproduce the problem. But a mail later I had to alter and change all kind of settings within Windows 10 to see if that fixed the problem? Felt like some kind of guinea pig .....
I know they try to help but in the end I did not follow that advise because it would totally change the way I have my Windows 10 set up.
The B version of KIS 2019 still has the bug though. It even got worse: even Google pages are now refusing at random to load when "Scan secured connections" within KIS 2019 is enabled.

I'm contacted too. Kaspersky Support just closed my ticket (INC000009277380) and ignoring my logs.

Same issue, been having this issue for weeks now and resorted to closing and opening chrome, constant resolver issues and i get the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE constantly on Ebay, uninstalling kaspersky makes the issue go away, I am honestly getting sick of all the bugs in this product.

After some hair-rising discussions and recommendations with kaspersky support I decided to switch to another AV which works out of the box with no problems at all.

For example one recommendation was to put the affected sites on whitelist or even put chrome completely on whitelist or disable ssl scanning.

If i would do that it would be the same as not using a virus scanner at all.

Another funny thing happened after uninstalling Kaspersky with kavremover:

They messed up vss snapshots and thefore system recovery.

This problem is also known for a while.

But they do not even fix.

On 6/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, NVTesla said:

I had a similar problem with KIS 2019. Had to disable something in the network settings (under Settings > Advanced > Network) that's related to encrypted connections. I can't tell you what's the name of the setting because I have KIS in French. But you should definitely check that out.
image.png.ad75c97011d6393495d7af98ad6ee9a9.png

Dude, I appreciate you. I had a problem with this correction. Have you removed the blocking from website viruses? Thank you.

On 8/21/2018 at 4:07 AM, soran1974 said:

After some hair-rising discussions and recommendations with kaspersky support I decided to switch to another AV which works out of the box with no problems at all.

For example one recommendation was to put the affected sites on whitelist or even put chrome completely on whitelist or disable ssl scanning.

If i would do that it would be the same as not using a virus scanner at all.

Another funny thing happened after uninstalling Kaspersky with kavremover:

They messed up vss snapshots and thefore system recovery.

This problem is also known for a while.

But they do not even fix.

Another one jumping the boat. I'm going to try and keep this thread alive in the hopes that someone from kaspersky gives an official answer for this issue  (please, read previous unsatisfactory replies before answering). In the meanwhile, @soran1974 , could you share which AV have you switched to with no issues? My license is running out and I'm considering Bitdefender.

PS: Dear Kaspersky Moderators. So, did mentioning another AV software finally got your attention or don't you even have forum mods around here?:rolleyes:

On 7/28/2018 at 8:57 PM, Geraner said:

Regarding the Chrome TLS 1.3 feature, it's actually described in their own description that this feature can cause problems.

It can cause the following problems:

and Chrome is suggesting the following solutions for it's feature:

it's not google's fault. i'm on kis18, i actually downgraded and it works perfectly. all the machines i have updated to kis19 (3 so far, and never again) have this issue. since support doesn't help, could someone from this forum do something. i mean, if writing here won't help and support closes our tickets... is this forum just for show?! the only workarounds found here are the ones from the users, trying to scramble around to fix your product.

unbelievable. over 4 months of this.

Anyway, I've opened another support ticket linked to this forum. I'll be posting the numbers here, cause I'm going to keep insisting on this. I have over 100 days of subscription left to care about this. Support ticket number:

INC000009579232

I am closing this topic for 24 hours for a cooling off period. Three posts with plenty of bold, all caps, underlined is sufficient for now.  When it is re-opened, please do not use excessive bold, underlined, all caps. No one likes being yelled at. 

The solution probably will be coming from tech Support, probably not from yelling at your readers on this forum. 

Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: 

a. Description of the issue.
b. Screenshot, as needed.
c. GSI

//Edit: Previous three posts: Volume lowered to polite levels. :)

On 5/29/2018 at 6:28 PM, NVTesla said:

I just came here to report a bug I started encountering after installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 (19.0.0.1088a).

Hi guys!

I just wanted to underline that I have the same issue in 19.0.0.1088c. I needed to turn off ssl scanning (settings -> others (additional?) -> network) to be able to work (eg. gmail doesn't work with ssl scanning). You know, it's quite annoying when I pay for to increase security and then you need to turn off this security because it breaks your day-to-day work.

I hope that you are working on the fix for this issue.

The issue with SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE and maybe some of the "Establishing secure connection..." delays in Chrome and Firefox is the rollout of TLS 1.3. It seems, that the way Kaspersky scans secure connections is not yet able to intercept TLS 1.3 and somehow reverts to 1.2, which then triggers an error.

One (worse) solution is to disable scanning of secure connections in Settings > Additional > Network > Do not scan encrypted connections

Better solution is to alter flags for Chrome and for Firefox to only use TLS 1.2 until the issue is fixed. For Chrome enter about:flags, search for TLS 1.3 and select "Disabled". For Firefox enter about:config, search for security.tls.version.max and set it to 3 (which corresponds to TLS 1.2) from 4 (TLS 1.3). This will force browser to negotiate connections in TLS 1.2 and enable Kaspersky to scan secure connections without disabling it altogether for the ones, which it can scan.

Unless some caching kicks in this seems to have fixed Gmail and Facebook for me which were inaccessible with the SSL error.

2 hours ago, Svajoklis said:

The issue with SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE and maybe some of the "Establishing secure connection..." delays in Chrome and Firefox is the rollout of TLS 1.3. It seems, that the way Kaspersky scans secure connections is not yet able to intercept TLS 1.3 and somehow reverts to 1.2, which then triggers an error.

One (worse) solution is to disable scanning of secure connections in Settings > Additional > Network > Do not scan encrypted connections

Better solution is to alter flags for Chrome and for Firefox to only use TLS 1.2 until the issue is fixed. For Chrome enter about:flags, search for TLS 1.3 and select "Disabled". For Firefox enter about:config, search for security.tls.version.max and set it to 3 (which corresponds to TLS 1.2) from 4 (TLS 1.3). This will force browser to negotiate connections in TLS 1.2 and enable Kaspersky to scan secure connections without disabling it altogether for the ones, which it can scan.

Unless some caching kicks in this seems to have fixed Gmail and Facebook for me which were inaccessible with the SSL error.

I use both Chrome 70 and Firefox 60 ESR with TLS 1.3 with no problems.

I did disable both 'scanning encrypted connections' and 'Inserting scripts in browser'. Both are of no use.