kjj

Kaspersky Password Manager v.9.0.0.944 installation problem

I just finished doing the regedit and wass able to install KPM. I wish Tech Support and given that guidance for my laptop, it would have saved a lot of time.

Thanks for the great posts!

after the update my password manager crashed.  i was told to uninstall now i can't reinstall at all.  it says my windows installer package has a problem.  Any suggestions?

screenshot.jpg

thanks Wayne!!!  your directions solved my problem.  i was able to install the KAP without any problems.  

AFTER TWO DAYS OF MESSING WITH TECH SUPPORT I FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS POSTED BY WAYNE AND IT WORKED!!!!  I DID'NT EXPORT MY PASSWORDS BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET IN THE DANG THING.  ONCE REINSTALLED ALL MY PASSWORDS WERE STILL THERE.

1. Export passwords into a folder so you have saved your passwords.

2. Uninstall KPM.

3. Right-Click on Windows Icon, select & click on RUN.

4. Type in REGEDIT and click on OK. If prompt by a pop-up box, click YES.

5. Look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER

6. Click on it to expand the folders.

7. Scroll down to Kaspersky Lab folder, click on the > icon to expand the folders

8. Click on Kaspersky Password Manager folder, then Right-Click and select DELETE.

9. Delete any Password Manager folder in the Kaspersky Lab Folder.

10. Exit REGEDIT and click on the file to install Password Manager again. This should complete the installation without any issues.

Wayne

On 22/03/2018 at 5:12 PM, methe2018 said:

I had the same problem, but I solved it.

2. Uninstall KPM.

3. Right-Click on Windows Icon, select & click on RUN.

4. Type in REGEDIT and click on OK. If prompt by a pop-up box, click YES.

5. Look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER

7. Scroll down to Kaspersky Lab folder, click on the > icon to expand the folders

8. Click on Kaspersky Password Manager folder, then Right-Click and select DELETE.

10. Exit REGEDIT and click on the file to install Password Manager again. This should complete the installation without any issues.

Wayne

Wayne, Thank you for your help!

I've been dealing with this problem for about 2 or 3 weeks. As I had uninstalled KPM, I did followed that script but I renamed the folders instead delete (afraid of something wrong could reversed .. lol). But even after renaming the folders, I could install KPM successfully.. 

Tank you all!

Version 9.0.0.944/1518434145_4671 is a complete waste of time. It doesn't auto login nor does it remember passwords from my previous version depsite me importing the backup file. I also cannot import the txt file which has all of my passwords listed. Don't get me wrong, I think KTS and PWM are great but come on guys, you're letting me down here.

I also see suggestions to re-install MS C++ but why should I have to ? Surely the programmers are capable of writing code without this sort of fix.

23 minutes ago, Flektor said:

Version 9.0.0.944/1518434145_4671 is a complete waste of time. It doesn't auto login nor does it remember passwords from my previous version depsite me importing the backup file. I also cannot import the txt file which has all of my passwords listed. Don't get me wrong, I think KTS and PWM are great but come on guys, you're letting me down here.

I also see suggestions to re-install MS C++ but why should I have to ? Surely the programmers are capable of writing code without this sort of fix.

I had uninstalled version 9. Inside KTS i choose to install and KTS downloaded version 8.  During that (re)instalation I had problems do complete the process, so i did the REGEDIT "delete" and made the option do install again thru KTS.

1 minute ago, andreaguiar_br said:

I had uninstalled version 9. Inside KTS i choose to install and KTS downloaded version 8.  During that (re)instalation I had problems do complete the process, so i did the REGEDIT "delete" and made the option do install again thru KTS.

Oops.. Now I saw.. I had 9.0.0.944 again.. 

but.. All my passwords is there.. 

Le 22/03/2018 à 21:12, methe2018 a dit :

2. Uninstall KPM.

3. Right-Click on Windows Icon, select & click on RUN.

4. Type in REGEDIT and click on OK. If prompt by a pop-up box, click YES.

5. Look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER

7. Scroll down to Kaspersky Lab folder, click on the > icon to expand the folders

8. Click on Kaspersky Password Manager folder, then Right-Click and select DELETE.

Wayne

Thank you so much for this clear and complete solution Wayne! You made my day (or night?) because I searched/tried during several hours before finding what you propose here. It really worked for me as well!

Thanks a lot!

Hello, I always had KPM working perfectly, and referred to it for any password. Unexpectedly in last few days KPM doesn't open.

After reading these topics, I have same problems as kjj:

On 19/3/2018 at 7:25 PM, kjj said:

I have not seen any problems from re-installing C++. In fact, I just de-installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 and x64 and attempted to reinstall KPM (with no 2015 C++ installed). As part of the install process, it automatically installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 and x64. However even that did not help, the KPM installation failed again.

and K. Eldering:

On 19/3/2018 at 10:26 PM, Klaas Eldering said:

I am having same problems with updating KPM for Windows 10

How to proceed from here?

Carlo

Hello, I am using KTS and have always had KPM, even before KTS with Pure. Lately I discovered that my KPM hangs, and attempts to reinstall hang as well. I am advised to contact Technical Support. I even disinstalled all Microsoft Visual C++ files and reinstalled vc_redist.x64 and vc_redist.x86, but to no avail. I badly need some of my passwords, shut off in vault!

Please help, thanks

Carlo

//edit: Merged. 

:rolleyes: Welcome to Klab forums..

This post can appears as a Nonsense, but is mostly to avoid that your post

in KIS=Kaspersky Internet Security appears with "0" zero answers. I see

that You reposted the question on the KPM forum..Well done.!

However would be better if you open a ticket, with Tech support

about the malfunctions on your KPM app using this

Link : https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

18 hours ago, carloduncan47@gmail.com said:

Hello, I am using KTS and have always had KPM, even before KTS with Pure. Lately I discovered that my KPM hangs, and attempts to reinstall hang as well. I am advised to contact Technical Support. I even disinstalled all Microsoft Visual C++ files and reinstalled vc_redist.x64 and vc_redist.x86, but to no avail. I badly need some of my passwords, shut off in vault!

Please help, thanks

Carlo

//edit: Merged. 

carloduncan47

If you are having problems with KPM install, see the post in this thread above by methe2018. Several people have reported the regedit fixed the problem to allow for the KPM installation to complete successfully. KPM has been working fine for me ever since.

On 29/3/2018 at 4:47 PM, kjj said:

carloduncan47

If you are having problems with KPM install, see the post in this thread above by methe2018. Several people have reported the regedit fixed the problem to allow for the KPM installation to complete successfully. KPM has been working fine for me ever since.

Thanks kjj, finally solved with thread by methe2018, although to be exact I added 2 lines between original points 6 and 7 and tweaked the rest, thus:

2. Uninstall KPM.

3. Right-Click on Windows Icon, select & click on RUN.

4. Type in REGEDIT and click on OK. If prompt by a pop-up box, click YES.

5. Look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER

7. Look for Software

8. Click on it to expand the folders.

9. Scroll down to Kaspersky Lab folder, click on the icon to expand the folders

10. Find Kaspersky Password Manager folder, then Right-Click and select DELETE.

11. Find any Password Manager folder in the Kaspersky Lab Folder, then Right-Click and select DELETE.

12. Exit REGEDIT and click on the file to install Password Manager again. This should complete the installation without any issues.

I wonder why Kaspersky does not allow installment package to work on regedit by itself or, if only allowed by local admin, *advise* ? I lost lots of time on this issue.

Carlo 

Exactly the same problem as everyone else. Not sure I want a 'convenience' security product that requires this level of user intervention. Rather than many users attempting to find a workaround, wouldn't it be more appropriate for Kaspersky to just fix their installer? Just a thought :-)

В 04.04.2018 в 16:03, cc5741 сказал:

Rather than many users attempting to find a workaround, wouldn't it be more appropriate for Kaspersky to just fix their installer? Just a thought :-)

The issue should be fixed in the next ~ 2-3 weeks. Thanks.

I have the same problem ... thanks Wayne for the instructions but doesnt work for me ... I still receive this error right at the very end of the installation process ...

5ade61708cae9_kpmfailurepagepriortoerrormeassge.PNG.c240aecfaa39cce9b24c344ea6994c4b.PNG5ade61728b404_kpmerrorpage.PNG.e81bb168397dfa8280616ac47f932c08.PNG

please help .... have been trying for weeks!!!!!!!!1

I am having a similar but slightly different issue -- when I try to install, the error message indicates that Kaspersky Password Manager is already installed. The KPM UI will not display when I run kpm.exe. I have inadvertently deleted the file 'default.spdb', so the passwords which I once had locally are no longer on my system.

I am concerned that if I remove the registry entries (effectively un-installing KPM) that my passwords stored in the online vault for Kaspersky Password Manager may be affected. 

Since I do not have a way to export the stored passwords from the online vault to my local system prior to deleting registry entries and attempting a re-install, I am reluctant to edit the registry.

Are there any steps I can take to get KPM re-installed and get the passwords imported locally from the online vault to local KPM?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Untitled.jpg

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.