• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting (click here to read the full text RU/EN)   09/20/2017

Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published. || По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.
Isteriografos

Protection against fake apps on Google Play Store

The recent episode of more than a million people worldwide downloading a fake Whatsapp update from the official Google Play Store made me think: is there a way that Kaspersky subscribers can check if their official Whatsapp (and other Play Store apps) are not full of malware? I mean, one (well, up to now, at least...) trusts Google and the official Play Store and if the Play Store notifies you that an app you have downloaded from there has an update available, you act in good faith and download it from Play Store. Also, I'm using Whatsapp for PC and have just installed an update this evening after being informed by the app that an update was available.. Now, obviously, I'm also worried that that might have been a bogus update, although being pushed through the app itself. Any comments, guys?!

https://lifehacker.com/watch-out-for-this-fake-whatsapp-app-in-the-google-play-1820222637

Hi,

It happens, as with IT nothing is foolproof.

Google Play has good security check so does Kaspersky.

This Topic slipped through so its a challenge for Google Play an Kaspersky to figure out how this happened.