Sign in to follow this  
Steve Burkett

Manually updating KAV 5 for Fileserver License Key

Hi guys,

Have a small problem in that one of our servers isn't taking a new license key. I've distributed the key using the normal key installation task, and it runs and completes okay. But the server isn't taking it, and still runs off the old key.

I'm not too fussed that it isn't working for me, I'm happy to manually install it for this one server. But is there a way of manually installing a key file? I know with KAV4.5 it was a case of copying new key file to a particular directory and you were away, but doesn't seem to be the case for v5?

Thanks for any help!

Steve.

at the server , copy the key inside this folder ..

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\KAV for File Servers\5.0

Hi guys,

Have a small problem in that one of our servers isn't taking a new license key. I've distributed the key using the normal key installation task, and it runs and completes okay. But the server isn't taking it, and still runs off the old key.

I'm not too fussed that it isn't working for me, I'm happy to manually install it for this one server. But is there a way of manually installing a key file?  I know with KAV4.5 it was a case of copying new key file to a particular directory and you were away, but doesn't seem to be the case for v5?

Thanks for any help!

Steve.

It is possible that you installed one as a reserve key. Check installed keys in the

<Server Name> -> Applications -> KAV for FS -> Properties -> Licenses

This dialog shows License keys installed for the application in the Admin Kit console.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.