gilbertopb

Anti-Ramsomware tool driver kl.sys_x64 could not be installed

Trying to installing Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business

Package downloaded: kaspersky_anti_ransomware_tool_for_business_1.1.31.0_en.msi

Home use with only one PC.

Core I5 PC with Windows 7 Ultimate.

I'm using AVG free.

At initial configuration I selected administrator option (one machine only).

Got the following errors:

At first run:

- Kaspersky lab driver failed to start (tryed to Repeat, later then Ignore). No changes.

Tryed to repeat then got:

- driver kl.sys_x64 could not be installed

Repeating lead to same driver error.

Rebooted, then disabled AVG but same errors happenend.

Created the instalation log as explained at topic

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=356307

Here the link to resulting log uploaded at Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxaMB7V7jS...iew?usp=sharing

Reading the log appears such driver kl.sys_x64 is missing in the instalation package.

Hi.

Well maybe I'm not an expert of this, but i think your AVG Free is blocking it even if you have disabled it. Try to remove AVG.

And if you want to avoid of the Ransomware, then better buy Kaspersky, because there are included protection against Ransomware.

EDIT: Its possible that AVG blocks it, so I'm pretty sure that removing AVG will solve this.

Edited by fljw

Hi.

Well maybe I'm not an expert of this, but i think your AVG Free is blocking it even if you have disabled it. Try to remove AVG.

And if you want to avoid of the Ransomware, then better buy Kaspersky, because there are included protection against Ransomware.

EDIT: Its possible that AVG blocks it, so I'm pretty sure that removing AVG will solve this.

Thanks for the reply.

For sure I think Kaspersky is the best anti-virus in the market and I used it before.

Just for now, due personal concerns, even the low value of the license is something I'm forced to not do.

This is why I'm using another tool I explored to keep at most my needs.

So I disabled AVG and disconnected the modem trying to install and avoid any other interference.

BUT, reading the log and the GSI files, there are some possible conflict with AVG. OK.

BUT, the installation log appears to show the driver is missing from the installation file, so not just a conflict.

And for last, again thanks for your sugestion, but I need to observe this, if Kaspersky presented us with a free tool, for sure I think this is a serious company and won't in anyway use such thing trying to get new costumers forcing sales due "not compatible because a competitor tool is installed." So in no ways I expect such thing due be no-professional.

Get this?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.