Michel-B

Migrating Application Categories from SP1 to SP2 fails [2205111] [2178362]

QUOTE(Michel-B @ 24.05.2017 09:06)
Yet, there's no support articles that reflect this change.

Other question related to this: Before I was able to use variables in the folder path.

For example:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\*

or

%localappdata%\Microsoft\*

Can you please verify if this is still supported? Executables added to the whitelist with these folder paths are not allowed anymore since upgrading to SP2.

Please specify between which exact versions have you upgraded.

It is also suggested that you re-create the categories and configure SP2 policy to only use newly created categories for diagnostic purposes: does the issue still occur?

Thank you.

Whatever the previous latest version was. SP1 MR3.

But I don't think this has anything to do anymore with the upgrade itself. It just seems that since SP2, you cannot use these variables anymore, just like you cannot and a folder path with just a \ anymore and need to add *.

I have recreated the policies and categories from scratch, so they're now all new in SP2.

QUOTE(Michel-B @ 24.05.2017 10:34)
Whatever the previous latest version was. SP1 MR3.

But I don't think this has anything to do anymore with the upgrade itself. It just seems that since SP2, you cannot use these variables anymore, just like you cannot and a folder path with just a \ anymore and need to add *.

I have recreated the policies and categories from scratch, so they're now all new in SP2.

Resolving %userprofile% variable correctly is currently being investigated as Issue 2178362.

Unfortunately, we are still expecting a conclusion from the developers.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.