More than 20GB. I take the Virtual Machine from our Backup. Whats the reason for that problem?

The Database in our Backup from Saturday was 10.322.240 KB

Today the size was about 14.000.000 KB?

Which setting in KSC is responsible for that?

Thx

Edited by nicorious

Hi,

I have a similar issue with the MSSQL Express database size. KSC version is 10.5.1781. I recently upgraded it from 10.4.343 when I first experienced the issue thinking that would assist resolve but unfortunately, did not. This was before I noticed the database issue in the Windows Application Event logs. 

Kindly send me the script to resize the database.

Support Request ID : INC000009129218

Thanks.

Hi Nikolay,

I have not received the script up to date even though my ticket is still open.

Can you PM me please.

Support Request ID: INC000009129218

Thanks,

Tony Getor

Edited by Tony M

Hi,

Have you tried to follow the suggestion from INC000009129218?

What was the result? 

Actually, that is the most convenient way to solve such a problem.

Thank you!

Yes I did. The Administration server application open fine after the reinstall but once the database was restored, it failed to open again. I need my old policies back exactly how they were.

This is why I want to resize the database and modify the events.

Thanks.

Edited by Tony M

Hello. 

Right now incident is in a supports queue after your reply from 11th of may. 

There is no universal script to solve all the problems at once, some additional diagnostic data may be required. Please wait for a support representative to reply.

Hello.

Can I get the shrinking db script. I have the same problem after installing KSC 10.5.1781.  Msql express 2008 r2 cannot enlarge kav db. 

Thanks.

Edited by Asby

2 hours ago, Asby said:

Hello.

Can I get the shrinking db script. I have the same problem after installing KSC 10.5.1781.  Msql express 2008 r2 cannot enlarge kav db. 

Thanks.

Hello.

Please create an incident in CompanyAccount, as suggested in my colleagues' previous replies.

Thank you.

hello,

pls can i get the script, because i get the same problem, its because of the limite exceded on SQL express (10Go), and that's a big problem, it have to correct this thing on the next versions, because yoiu have no chance as it seems to me, pls help

have a nice day

4 hours ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Hi,

Please create a request to http://companyaccount.kaspersky.com and tell us the number of that incident.

Thank you!

Hi,

i did the creation before, so i still waiting atm (N°  INC000009500453)

the 1st step they suggests, is to install patch B of KSC 10.4.343 and a KB of Microsoft, and if the problem persist i have to exec GetSystemInfo , i did/sent the report, after the support scan the file uploaded, in the 2nd step the support suggest to restore and old backup, i tried but the problem is that i forgot the password of protection, so i reply the support to help me with or sent me the script suggested here, yesterday i tried to upgrade the sql express 2014 to sql 2016 enterprise, but it didn't success (even Microsoft said possible), i tried to shrink the db but situation still the same, finally i suggested to try an other way like to backup the database using SSMS (sql studio) and uninstall SQL Express and KSC 10.4.343, so i can install SQL 2016 enterprise with the same instance name, restore the db,install latest KSC, so i asked for that scenario, because i checked this link https://support.kaspersky.com/12484#block5, but the difference is i can't perform the backup using KLBackup, it gives an error of PRIMARY insufficient space (because of that express edition max size 10GB), i worked with kaspersky edition for a long time, i never meet that problem before, this size limit issue its because of WSUS.

in the future, it should be a way before it get stuck like this,it should be a warning message before the express db gets full size, or be blocked until i shrink the db, 

for me its more than 700 hosts waiting for updates, and you know the risks, please help asap

Thank you

9 hours ago, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

Please wait for the answer in the incident. 

Thanks!

thank you, i'm waiting for an answer

have a nice day

Hello.

I can see that support representative is working with your incident and right now he is awaiting your reply.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.