• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting (click here to read the full text RU/EN)   09/20/2017

Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published. || По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.
paulus3010

App Store tries to access Webcam

Hi, since I upgraded to Sierra, KIS detects "Webcam access" every time I start the App Store. I have setup KIS to block any Webcam use so it blocks it. But what's surprising is that something like the App Store is trying to access the Webcam. Needless to say I don't even have a webcam (Mac mini).

Today while creating a new account I got another similar message from KIS: "Webcam access by com.apple.preferences.remoteservice was blocked". Why is the Webcam being accessed by this process?

I have done a full scan and there are no threats detected. Is this a Mac glitch? Is anyone else having the same problem?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Are you running version 245c?

I checked About KIS and it says: "16.0.0.245b.a.c". I always have it on auto-update. Last time it updated to the next version automatically. Is it better to download manually from Kaspersky's website?

Thanks.

Hi

I'm having the same problem. Apple Support via Twitter:

"We appreciate your response. At the current time, we’re unable to schedule a callback, but would like to offer our support a little further here on Twitter. Reviewing the history, it seems that you are concerned with Mac App Store having access to your built-in camera. We wanted to clear up a statement we provided earlier in our conversation. While it is not expected behavior for the camera to be activated and recording you when App Store is launched, it is expected that the app will have access. The Mac App Store has access to your camera as it is a method to redeem an Apple Music or iTunes Gift Card. To use the feature, you would click Account > Redeem… and choose “Use Camera” to engage the actual use of the camera. We apologize for any confusion in this matter and you can review more about the redemption process here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201209?cid=tw_sr"

I find the situation still peculiar. I'm not trying to redeem a voucher I was merely opening the App Store to do updates.

Have you found a solution in the meantime?

Apple Web Cam Hack Attempt-3.png