eusty

Firefox 43 missing Kaspersky extensions.

This isn't your usual "I can't enable extensions" as I've no extensions to enable!

After installing Total Security 2016 there are no extensions for Safe Money etc in Firefox. I had xpinstall.signatures.required as false even before installing.

I uninstalled, ran Kavremover to totally remove everything, rebooted and reinstalled again, but still no extensions in Firefox?

post-584224-1451180813_thumb.png

Edited by eusty

Welcome to the forum.

Did You install FF43 x64?. There is no support for FF x64 "Kaspersky Protection" add-on... but You should import Kaspersky Root Certificate into FF43 x64.

Ah that makes sense as I do you the x64 version of FF.

I would have thought FF used the Windows certificates? I imported it into there, but I'll check in Kapersky. The reason I imported it was that in breaks SSL connections which use EV (PayPal etc), so I have https scanning off.

Another problem to check..... :(

You have to import:

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP16.0.0\Data\Cert\(fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer

Into FF Authorities tab of Certificates settings. Once imported, edit it and tick the 3 check buttons.

Then enable "Scan encrypted connections upon request" and try again with PayPal...

EV?.

I went to do some researching and it appeared Windows certs are not used in FF and needed to be installed, did this and set to scan HTTPS, and it worked. I came to reply it was OK and you said to do the same thing! :bravo:

I only installed Kaspersky last night and to be honest if I didn't know a bit about computers I'd have been stumped. I was using ESET for all my families devices, which just all worked without any issues, but they wanted £40 this year (even with discount) which seemed a bit steep. As my wife's bank would let me have Kasperski (same protection) for £7 I though I'd give it as go.

Although Kaspersky is rated well as an AV, it's not been the smoothest of installs, but hopefully I know the 'tricks' now!

EV= Extended Validation Certificate

Thanks for your help :D

Edited by eusty

IE and Chrome use the same certificates manager (Windows), but FireFox has its own manager of certificates :)

You are welcome :)

IE and Chrome use the same certificates manager (Windows), but FireFox has its own manager of certificates :)

You are welcome :)

harlan i have a question, you posted that there is a official fix coming for the extensions firefox issue, will we have to undo the false code we put in the firefox script page for this official fix to work?

Yes, once installed the new Kaspersky 2016MR1, We may change to True the FireFox setting: xpinstall.signatures.required

About support for FireFox x64 of "Kaspersky Protection" add-on, a KL developer said some days ago there will not be support in the nearest future... in fact He said in further developments there will not be add-ons dependency for browsers :)

Edited by harlan4096

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.