radek.rous

Windows 10 Support [Solved]

Wow, talk about customer support. I agree that you have a great product, we have been a Kaspersky customer for almost 6 years now and I must say your reasoning for product updates is HANDS DOWN THE WORSE I have ever encountered.

So you are saying that we cannot upgrade ANYTHING until at least November because releasing the patch does not guarantee that we can use it right away as we need to test it first.

Just because businesses/enterprise customers do not upgrade as fast as retail that does not mean that we do not need the support. We have to test the OS against all our systems before we can go live and one of those(most critical) is security/anti-virus.

You NEED to start doing a better job of supporting not only your corporate customers but also those that are using a beta.

Starting a beta AFTER the release of a OS is the total wrong way of thinking.

Step it up guys!!!!

I am tired of :dash1:

Roger Truss

Brunswick Corporation IT

Hello.

Please note that it is not techinically possible to start testing before the release of the OS, simply because Technical Preview compliancy does not equal compliancy with the final version, in terms of security and malware protection. We are sorry to hear that our corporate product release schedule might impact your deployment and, as mentioned earlier in the topic, we would like you to know that a beta will be available for testing purposes later this month.

Thank you.

My company provides IT support to local small businesses, many of which are interested in the free upgrade to Windows 10, and many of which run KES. Most of my techs have upgraded their workstations to Windows 10 to help familiarize themselves with it so they can do a better job of supporting our clients. I just upgraded my workstation last night and, lo and behold, it's just like with Windows 8.1--Kaspersky won't have a compatible product update for a couple months.

Meanwhile, Webroot has been pestering us, trying to get us to resell their software. I've done a little looking into it, and it seems like a viable alternative. We've got a free 30-day trial, and I'm going to have my techs put it on their computers, because not having a professional-grade antivirus product until October is not an option. There's a good possibility this will help seal a partnership between Webroot and my company.

I realize that making a comprehensive antivirus product play nicely with a totally new OS is a huge undertaking, but Kaspersky is a big company that ought to have the resources to get the job done in a timely fashion. Come on, Kaspersky--we aren't looking to jump ship or sell our clients on a different antivirus program, but you're not doing yourself any favors by telling us to wait until October.

I am sorry, but as a small business and have to update computers and purchase new systems, Kaspersky makes it hard. When a lot of system are now being sold with the new Windows 10 and you do not have a up and running program is a bad move. I understand that you posted and informed people that you will not have an update for your software for sometime, even when competitors are already rolling out compatible software. This for some this is not workable. I have to say with the delays of compatibility for 8 and now 10, and some of the way the tech support has replied to posts, I will say when my license is up, I will be looking into other software. I just wish I did a few months ago when my license came up.

you may get frustrated with customers, but you should always replay respectful regardless of how they sound.

I am sorry, but as a small business and have to update computers and purchase new systems, Kaspersky makes it hard. When a lot of system are now being sold with the new Windows 10 and you do not have a up and running program is a bad move. I understand that you posted and informed people that you will not have an update for your software for sometime, even when competitors are already rolling out compatible software. This for some this is not workable. I have to say with the delays of compatibility for 8 and now 10, and some of the way the tech support has replied to posts, I will say when my license is up, I will be looking into other software. I just wish I did a few months ago when my license came up.

you may get frustrated with customers, but you should always replay respectful regardless of how they sound.

Hello.

Please be informed that our solution for small businesses, Small Office Security 4.0, does already offer partial support of Windows 10. The updated version that will resolve all limitations will be released alongside the new version of KES. Business security being Kaspersky Lab's major priority, we are cooperating with Microsoft to ensure the smooth transition of our business security solutions to the new operating system.

Thank you.

Hello.

Please be informed that our solution for small businesses, Small Office Security 4.0, does already offer partial support of Windows 10. The updated version that will resolve all limitations will be released alongside the new version of KES. Business security being Kaspersky Lab's major priority, we are cooperating with Microsoft to ensure the smooth transition of our business security solutions to the new operating system.

Thank you.

Which is not a great help to those of us licensed for KEP. Corporate Renewal and promised patch land on about the same time frame. Rhetorical question: do I risk waiting with unprotected clients or move entirely over to a competitor product? The support I received via the support contract when I asked about the W10 schedule (answer: "we have not been told"), plus lack of readily available information on the main website will probably contribute to the decision to be made.

Which is not a great help to those of us licensed for KEP. Corporate Renewal and promised patch land on about the same time frame. Rhetorical question: do I risk waiting with unprotected clients or move entirely over to a competitor product? The support I received via the support contract when I asked about the W10 schedule (answer: "we have not been told"), plus lack of readily available information on the main website will probably contribute to the decision to be made.

Hi,

I would say that on the benefit side proper testing of final version available brings up more stable product that is essential for business solutions.

Thank You!

I would say that on the benefit side proper testing of final version available brings up more stable product that is essential for business solutions.

Dear Evgeny, please never repeat that statement about "more stable product". The "proper testing" should have been started 6-8 months ago and by now you should have had your product ready for production. But you don't even have a beta version (ETA for beta is end of August for now). Therefore "proper testing" of your product for corporate production has not even started yet, and your competitors already have RTM versions.

So there is no "benefit" of your procrastinating side at all.

Dear Evgeny, please never repeat that statement about "more stable product". The "proper testing" should have been started 6-8 months ago and by now you should have had your product ready for production. But you don't even have a beta version (ETA for beta is end of August for now). Therefore "proper testing" of your product for corporate production has not even started yet, and your competitors already have RTM versions.

So there is no "benefit" of your procrastinating side at all.

Hello,

support for Windows 10 is planned for KES10 SP1 MR2 (October 2015).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Hi, just want to ask if there's already kaspersky endpoint security for Windows 10.

thanks mate!

Hello,

support for Windows 10 is planned for KES10 SP1 MR2 (October 2015).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

I see that the "Protection for Business" thread has been closed. Just as the discussion was about to get going. A pity :rolleyes:

In the last post dpeters11 had said: "Honest question here. Is Windows 10, which was released a month ago, mature and ready for deployment in a larger corporate network?" I felt this deserved a reply.

Now, for some businesses this may be largely valid, but in our case we have to test our software on every available platform it might be used on before release to the public. We therefore need several PCs with Windows 10 installed for testing and evaluation purposes. We also need to carry out testing of our internal systems on Win 10 PCs before we can plan a general end-user rollout of Win 10.

It might be possible to do this safely without AV protection in a DMZ or similar, if you buy dedicated PCs for the purpose, or create VM Win10 PCs (which may not detect some real-world physical PC issues) but by far the best test is to run it in a real live office environment to check all client-server interactions etc.

A beta solution is also far from ideal, as was pointed out by etomcat. Will KSC10 (10.2.434) deliver the beta KES10 installation package and manage the new KES10 clients? If so, this might be OK for a few test machines. If not, and KSC10 also needs to be patched with beta software then we are using a beta system to manage the protection of our whole corporate (300 PC) environment, which is not acceptable.

As etomcat said yesterday: "I think there will significant discontent among the customers after the announced delay of "KES10 for Win10" until December 2015. It is a serious problem." I think Kaspersky are going to have to seriously expedite this, or risk losing a lot of business customers.