GoblinTown

Password Manager won't start after update

Got a notification saying a new version of the password manager was out, click here to upgrade. Did that, restarted to finish the update. Upon reboot, clicking password manager does nothing at all. Nothing loads, it just sits there. Rebooted again, same thing. Ran updates same thing.

Running Kapsersky Total Security on Win 7 home.

/irritated

As a side question - Does anyone have any suggestions for a password manager that works WELL? The past couple weeks with Kaspersky's has been pretty poor.

Please post the version number. From -> to.

Latest upgrade of PWM does not work, PWM is loaded and within 10 seconds closes. How can one download a stable version until this upgrade is fixed ?

Edited by ekza

My Kaspersky Total Security version is 15.0.2.361(a). I can't tell you the version number of the Password manager because it refuses to load at all, but it's the version that was pushed Saturday night (6/6/15).

I am having the same problem.

I used to have Pure 3.0 but Kaspersky Support said to fix a problem I was having with Safe Money that I needed to upgrade to KTS. I was reluctant to upgrade based on comments about KPM I've

seen in this forum but I decided to upgrade to KTS and take my chances. No such luck because the original problem with Safe Money still wasn't resolved. With KTS installed, I then had to install

the new KPM. Now KPM (8.0.2.282) doesn't work.

I ran the Kaspersky Log Utility and downloaded the file in My Kaspersky Account and I am patiently waiting for a response.

I am very disappointed with Kaspersky Technical Support.

Does anyone know how to revert back to Pure 3.0 which has a Password Manager that actually works?

This is the reply they gave me and it works now

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab Technical Support.

Please download and install the latest build of Kaspersky Password Manager 8 for Windows:

1) Download Kaspersky Password Manager 8 via direct link: http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/multila...-hant_tr_pl.exe

2) Uninstall the older version through Windows Control Panel

3) Run the *.exe file downloaded in step #1 and follow the installation wizard.

4) Activate your Kaspersky Password Manager 8 by entering your 'My Kaspersky' credentials, when prompted.

5) Detailed description of the installation process is available here: http://support.kaspersky.com/5130

Thanks oapdeadmeat. The installation exe at that link worked. KPM 8 is now working for me.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.