Jump to content
kpcz

MDM external server address changes after SP1 updt. Bug? [Solved]

Recommended Posts

Hello. Recently discovered that iOS profile installation no longer works to devices, located in external network. Investigating this issue I found out that address for profile installation (installing certificate or adding new device from KAV center) is http://internalserverHOST.dom:8060/dlssppkg?id=5DD7... (which is not accessable from external network) Before SP1 the installation link was https://kav.externalserverhost.com:8061/dlprofile?id=1440.... (what whas especially configured for devices in external networks) . How to change back internal server name to external name for profile installation as it was before SP1? Do I really need to reinstall MDM server?

 

MDM server version is 10.2.470

KAV center version is 10.2.434

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Hello. Recently discovered that iOS profile installation no longer works to devices, located in external network. Investigating this issue I found out that address for profile installation (installing certificate or adding new device from KAV center) is http://internalserverHOST.dom:8060/dlssppkg?id=5DD7... (which is not accessable from external network) Before SP1 the installation link was https://kav.externalserverhost.com:8061/dlprofile?id=1440.... (what whas especially configured for devices in external networks) . How to change back internal server name to external name for profile installation as it was before SP1? Do I really need to reinstall MDM server?

 

MDM server version is 10.2.470

KAV center version is 10.2.434

 

Thanks.

 

Hello,

 

we clarifying this information.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Hello. Recently discovered that iOS profile installation no longer works to devices, located in external network. Investigating this issue I found out that address for profile installation (installing certificate or adding new device from KAV center) is http://internalserverHOST.dom:8060/dlssppkg?id=5DD7... (which is not accessable from external network) Before SP1 the installation link was https://kav.externalserverhost.com:8061/dlprofile?id=1440.... (what whas especially configured for devices in external networks) . How to change back internal server name to external name for profile installation as it was before SP1? Do I really need to reinstall MDM server?

 

MDM server version is 10.2.470

KAV center version is 10.2.434

 

Thanks.

 

You're correct that the address was changed.

But sensitive information is not passed through HTTP.

Profile download is performed through HTTPS.

Please kindly open port 8060 in firewall settings.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi

 

Have a look at the web server settings in the properties of the administration server.

If you set your external address there it should fix the issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hello. Quite did not understand your answer. Why was the address changed at first place, if everything was already configured and working to this external address. Now as the address is changed to INTERNAL hostname to server (which is not accessible from outside), the devices wont be able to download the profile from EXTERNAL networks. All ports are opened but devices must connect via external address as it was before.

 

I really hope i was clear about the problem.

 

"Have a look at the web server settings in the properties of the administration server.

If you set your external address there it should fix the issue."

 

There are no such options to change the address of mdm server for profile downloads. At least I cannot find it in MDM server properties.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm 100% not sure why it changed, but I think the webserver address is no longer linked to the MDM server address.

The MDM server address won't have changed, just the webserver address for the profile.

 

Properties of the administration server (rather than the MDM server) is where to find the web server address settings.

Share this post


Link to post
I'm 100% not sure why it changed, but I think the webserver address is no longer linked to the MDM server address.

The MDM server address won't have changed, just the webserver address for the profile.

 

Properties of the administration server (rather than the MDM server) is where to find the web server address settings.

 

 

Thanks! There is the option I needed. Now it works again correctly :cb_punk:

Share this post


Link to post
Thanks! There is the option I needed. Now it works again correctly :cb_punk:

 

Hi,

 

Please evaluate support help by using "Rating" option at the topic name!

 

Thank You!

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.