supportkochi

Windows update is not working [In progress]

Hello!

Please kindly provide us with the patch installation logs.

Thank You!

Hello Sir ,

Sorry the previous log has been deleted from the system. Please find the attached new attempt log.

setuplog.txt

Hello Sir ,

Sorry the previous log has been deleted from the system. Please find the attached new attempt log.

Hello!

Did you create the request for this new issue in CA?

Thank You!

PFTA

Unfortunately, these screenshots still do not clarify if the patch was successfully installed.

Please check the directory from which you've installed the patch and the file 'setuplog.txt'.

Please check the screenshot for clarification.

Thank you!

post-483219-1398873899_thumb.png

Using KSC 10.1.249 in conjunction with KES 10.2.1.23(a), the updates show up as available. However, neither the group task "Install critical updates and fix vulnerabilities" nor the Tasks for specific computer of the same title will apply the updates. All tasks complete and say no action required.

The screen shot below shows the computer listing numerous updates available.

post-464725-1398879979_thumb.jpg

The screen shot below shows the task completing with no actions required.

post-464725-1398880028_thumb.jpg

The screen shot below shows the rules of the task which should allow the updates since I have approved all updates and none are listed as "denied".

post-464725-1398880175_thumb.jpg

My Incident Number is: INC000003017167

Using KSC 10.1.249 in conjunction with KES 10.2.1.23(a), the updates show up as available. However, neither the group task "Install critical updates and fix vulnerabilities" nor the Tasks for specific computer of the same title will apply the updates. All tasks complete and say no action required.

The screen shot below shows the computer listing numerous updates available.

post-464725-1398879979_thumb.jpg

The screen shot below shows the task completing with no actions required.

post-464725-1398880028_thumb.jpg

The screen shot below shows the rules of the task which should allow the updates since I have approved all updates and none are listed as "denied".

post-464725-1398880175_thumb.jpg

My Incident Number is: INC000003017167

Hello!

Please kindly follow the instructions from this post.

Thank you!

Hello!

Please kindly follow the instructions from this post.

Thank you!

I have already been following that thread for weeks. Besides installing patch B which is NOT an official release but instead a BETA patch, I have done all the other pieces to that post with no success. It appears the original OP of that thread has not had any success after installing BETA Patch B either. We did not sign up to be BETA testers and are looking for more concrete results from Kaspersky.

I have already been following that thread for weeks. Besides installing patch B which is NOT an official release but instead a BETA patch, I have done all the other pieces to that post with no success. It appears the original OP of that thread has not had any success after installing BETA Patch B either. We did not sign up to be BETA testers and are looking for more concrete results from Kaspersky.

In this case we should better further process your issue through the case in CompanyAccount.

Since this thread is about the same issue as mentioned one, I will merge both topics.

Please kindly state in your incident the procedure we recommended and the fact that it didn't help.

Thank you!

In this case we should better further process your issue through the case in CompanyAccount.

Since this thread is about the same issue as mentioned one, I will merge both topics.

Please kindly state in your incident the procedure we recommended and the fact that it didn't help.

Thank you!

Thanks Ivan, I have added that information to my incident.

Thanks Ivan, I have added that information to my incident.

Also, just to double-check, please kindly go to one of your updates' properties and check the 'Computers' tab - to be absolutely sure this update is really applicable to any computers in your 'Kaspersky Icon Visible' group.

Thank you!

post-483219-1398882496_thumb.png

Also, just to double-check, please kindly go to one of your updates' properties and check the 'Computers' tab - to be absolutely sure this update is really applicable to any computers in your 'Kaspersky Icon Visible' group.

Thank you!

Hello Sir,

We are having windows Xp And windows 7 pc in our network. But up to now we didn't update our windows. But when we check the System it is showing only the third party application patches only but in some xp machines it will show the patches over there but it is not getting installed. PFTA

windows_update_task.rar

post-488080-1399003650_thumb.jpg

post-488080-1399003660_thumb.jpg

Hello Sir,

We are having windows Xp And windows 7 pc in our network. But up to now we didn't update our windows. But when we check the System it is showing only the third party application patches only but in some xp machines it will show the patches over there but it is not getting installed. PFTA

PFTA

post-488080-1399003791_thumb.jpg

windows_xp_2.rar

windows_xp.rar

Unfortunately, these screenshots still do not clarify if the patch was successfully installed.

Please check the directory from which you've installed the patch and the file 'setuplog.txt'.

Please check the screenshot for clarification.

Thank you!

Hello Ivan Sazhin,

When we install the patch , we just copy that patch on my desktop and install it, after the installation we remove all the extracted patches. But After installation a CMD will appear in that there is message "The update is successfully Installed ".

Thank you!

Hello Sir,

Today we try install the patches on or branch But it is showing some other error.PFTA

find_vulnearabilities.txt

windows_update.txt

PFTA

Please kindly uncheck the option 'Show installed updates' to see what really needs to be installed.

Have you finally been able to install Patch И,

Have you created the tasks anew, as it has been recommended?

Thank you!

Please kindly uncheck the option 'Show installed updates' to see what really needs to be installed.

Have you finally been able to install Patch И,

Have you created the tasks anew, as it has been recommended?

Thank you!

PFTA

post-488080-1399093485_thumb.jpg

post-488080-1399093492_thumb.jpg

PFTA

So, there are no Microsoft Updates available for these PCs. Did you run Windows Update Synchronization task on your KSC?

What makes you think there must be updates for these PCs?

Thank you!

So, there are no Microsoft Updates available for these PCs. Did you run Windows Update Synchronization task on your KSC?

What makes you think there must be updates for these PCs?

Thank you!

Yes we run the Windows Update Synchronization task on KSC. When we check one windows 7 pc directly with the internet If is showing around 25 patches are available.

Yes we run the Windows Update Synchronization task on KSC. When we check one windows 7 pc directly with the internet If is showing around 25 patches are available.

Do you have all the options enabled in KSC 'Perform Windows update synchronization' task? Could you please give some examples of updates that are available if you check them directly but are missing on KSC?

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.