Mewburn

Kaspersky - Fundamentally Flawed?

Hi,

Your request is being worked on. You should get an update on it soon.

Glad to see how efficient Kaspersky support is. Still waiting for a resolution to this and I love how Kaspersky seems to be completely baffled but something as "basic" as task scheduling. Other users are having the same problem too so I doubt it's an isolated issue. It's like they don't even know how their own software works. Have they even tried to set up a lab with the same settings I have mentioned in my numerous e-mail to replicate the problem internally? Are they aware of the problem but too incompetent to fix it so they just wait and wait and do nothing? After everything I've read on these forums, I have absolutely no confidence in Kaspersky anymore and we've only had the product for a few months. I can't imagine how such a big company with a renowned name in the antivirus field could appear to be such amateurs when it comes to making a software that actually works or give even the most basic support.

Glad to see how efficient Kaspersky support is. Still waiting for a resolution to this and I love how Kaspersky seems to be completely baffled but something as "basic" as task scheduling. Other users are having the same problem too so I doubt it's an isolated issue. It's like they don't even know how their own software works. Have they even tried to set up a lab with the same settings I have mentioned in my numerous e-mail to replicate the problem internally? Are they aware of the problem but too incompetent to fix it so they just wait and wait and do nothing? After everything I've read on these forums, I have absolutely no confidence in Kaspersky anymore and we've only had the product for a few months. I can't imagine how such a big company with a renowned name in the antivirus field could appear to be such amateurs when it comes to making a software that actually works or give even the most basic support.

Hello!

Please kindly check your case as you were provided a reply today.

Have they even tried to set up a lab with the same settings I have mentioned in my numerous e-mail to replicate the problem internally? Are they aware of the problem but too incompetent to fix it so they just wait and wait and do nothing? After everything I've read on these forums, I have absolutely no confidence in Kaspersky anymore and we've only had the product for a few months. I can't imagine how such a big company with a renowned name in the antivirus field could appear to be such amateurs when it comes to making a software that actually works or give even the most basic support.

They way I see it, Kaspersky has a good consumer product that actually offers best of class protection on PCs. Their business products however are not up to par. They focus only on sales and are incompetent when it comes to support. The Kaspersky company in it's core simply can't handle the enterprise market. Customer satisfaction is what it is all about, keeping customers happy and renewing their subscription should be the focus. Instead large businesses will just drop Kaspersky after the end of the first term, simply because it takes too much effort to keep the products running. TCO is so high that it doesn't justify the additional protection it might bring over other products in the market. This leads to loss of enterprise clients, which means more new clients need to sign up to keep the same revenue stream, which means more focus on sales, etc, etc.

Hello!

Please kindly check your case as you were provided a reply today.

Yes, I'm perfectly aware of the "reply" I was given. The problem is that the reply is a bunch of nonsense. After sending all the logs, traces, and everything else that Kaspersky asked me to send, after more than a month of waiting I get a reply yesterday asking to put a "patch" on the Network Agent which will put it to "b". However, all of our clients are already on version "b" and I didn't even have to install a patch for that as deploying the agent from the Kaspersky Security Center automatically puts the agent with the "b" version on every computer. After I mention this, I'm then told I have to resubmit every single log, traces and everything else I've already sent because they say that my "screenshot" provided doesn't match with the logs I sent more than a month ago. Again, this is complete bullshit.

I originally sent a screenshot showing the schedule for my task which clearly shows that the task is scheduled to run on Thursday night at 7:00pm. I also sent a screenshot of the task execution log which clearly shows that on a sample computer, the task is running on Thursday morning, Friday morning and Monday morning. It is clear as day. Then I was asked to provide event logs, traces and a bunch of other things from that sample computer, which I did so that Kaspersky can examine all those logs and traces and figure out why it's running at those non-scheduled times. And now, more than a month later, I'm told that because my "sample screenshot" that shows the task running on non-scheduled days is not showing the EXACT same days from the logs and traces that were sent that there's nothing they can do and I have to resubmit everything. I am completely baffled. Why would it matter? The task runs on EVERY Thursday, Friday and Monday morning regardless of the dates! Asking me to resubmit everything again is basically like saying: "we don't believe you" despite all the screenshots I sent clearly showing how the results of the scan task doesn't fit with the schedule of the task. And all the logs and traces I sent should clearly show that the task in question RAN on those wrong days. Why would you need a screenshot of the Kaspersky Security Center task result for that computer showing that it ran on those days when you have even more thorough logs and traces showing the exact same thing in more details??? This is without a doubt Kaspersky's way of delaying the whole process and trying to buy time because they have no clue what they're doing. Why would they wait more than a month to tell me they're "supposedly" missing something when they've mentioned in the past that they were continuing to look at the logs to figure out the problem and in the meantime trying to give me other bogus solutions like the "patch" for the Agent which was already installed anyway before suddenly pretending that they don't have all the required things by pretending they need a bogus screenshot showing what they already have in the logs and traces I sent.

I know I'm not going to get an answer from any Kaspersky employee here because the only thing they do on these boards is say "give me the case number and we'll look into it" or "look into your case number, we've just sent a response" even when those responses are bogus and only made in order to make themselves look like they are "looking into it" for the sake of people looking at these message boards. At this point, I'm fully expecting Kaspersky to update my case number in 3 months with something like: "did you check to see if the computer in question was plugged into the power outlet?".

This is ridiculous... I've already spent hours and hours talking with tech support for this issue and then collecting a ton of logs, traces and doing a bunch of tests I was asked to do and after all this time and after waiting for a response for more than a month, I'm told to start over from the begining again for an absolutely bogus reason.

Yes, I'm perfectly aware of the "reply" I was given. The problem is that the reply is a bunch of nonsense. After sending all the logs, traces, and everything else that Kaspersky asked me to send, after more than a month of waiting I get a reply yesterday asking to put a "patch" on the Network Agent which will put it to "b". However, all of our clients are already on version "b" and I didn't even have to install a patch for that as deploying the agent from the Kaspersky Security Center automatically puts the agent with the "b" version on every computer. After I mention this, I'm then told I have to resubmit every single log, traces and everything else I've already sent because they say that my "screenshot" provided doesn't match with the logs I sent more than a month ago. Again, this is complete bullshit.

I originally sent a screenshot showing the schedule for my task which clearly shows that the task is scheduled to run on Thursday night at 7:00pm. I also sent a screenshot of the task execution log which clearly shows that on a sample computer, the task is running on Thursday morning, Friday morning and Monday morning. It is clear as day. Then I was asked to provide event logs, traces and a bunch of other things from that sample computer, which I did so that Kaspersky can examine all those logs and traces and figure out why it's running at those non-scheduled times. And now, more than a month later, I'm told that because my "sample screenshot" that shows the task running on non-scheduled days is not showing the EXACT same days from the logs and traces that were sent that there's nothing they can do and I have to resubmit everything. I am completely baffled. Why would it matter? The task runs on EVERY Thursday, Friday and Monday morning regardless of the dates! Asking me to resubmit everything again is basically like saying: "we don't believe you" despite all the screenshots I sent clearly showing how the results of the scan task doesn't fit with the schedule of the task. And all the logs and traces I sent should clearly show that the task in question RAN on those wrong days. Why would you need a screenshot of the Kaspersky Security Center task result for that computer showing that it ran on those days when you have even more thorough logs and traces showing the exact same thing in more details??? This is without a doubt Kaspersky's way of delaying the whole process and trying to buy time because they have no clue what they're doing. Why would they wait more than a month to tell me they're "supposedly" missing something when they've mentioned in the past that they were continuing to look at the logs to figure out the problem and in the meantime trying to give me other bogus solutions like the "patch" for the Agent which was already installed anyway before suddenly pretending that they don't have all the required things by pretending they need a bogus screenshot showing what they already have in the logs and traces I sent.

I know I'm not going to get an answer from any Kaspersky employee here because the only thing they do on these boards is say "give me the case number and we'll look into it" or "look into your case number, we've just sent a response" even when those responses are bogus and only made in order to make themselves look like they are "looking into it" for the sake of people looking at these message boards. At this point, I'm fully expecting Kaspersky to update my case number in 3 months with something like: "did you check to see if the computer in question was plugged into the power outlet?".

This is ridiculous... I've already spent hours and hours talking with tech support for this issue and then collecting a ton of logs, traces and doing a bunch of tests I was asked to do and after all this time and after waiting for a response for more than a month, I'm told to start over from the begining again for an absolutely bogus reason.

Hello!

Please accept our sincere apologies for this situation.

We will try to solve your issue as soon as possible.

As for re-collecting traces, we need to find out why the provided solution is not working in your environment and what exactly is happening now.

It is in our best interest to provide you with a solution for this issue.

Thank you for understanding.

What's really scary is that I have a perfectly identical support experience with a different problem. I just ended up finding a fix myself after hours of so called support and providing GSI, traces and screenshot. Providing all those logs are a pain but required to fix the problem, I get that but if you don't end up fixing the problem it can drive a man crazy.

Anyway I really hope that MR1 is some kind of magical updates that fixes all the annoyances because my boss is not happy about our new 3 years contract with Kaspersky...

Good luck to all

What's really scary is that I have a perfectly identical support experience with a different problem. I just ended up finding a fix myself after hours of so called support and providing GSI, traces and screenshot. Providing all those logs are a pain but required to fix the problem, I get that but if you don't end up fixing the problem it can drive a man crazy.

Anyway I really hope that MR1 is some kind of magical updates that fixes all the annoyances because my boss is not happy about our new 3 years contract with Kaspersky...

Good luck to all

Hello!

May I please ask you for your INC number?

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.