Sign in to follow this  
josewhiteheads

If it's not officially supported ....

Why post a product that is not yet officially supported.... unless, of course, you are seeking beta testers. If that is the case, why not say so up front?

With great hope and expectation I downloaded/installed/jumped thru all the hoops for the new and improved (?) v. 7.* released just yesterday. And -- guess what? -- it DON'T WORK WITH FIREFOX OR WITH INTERNET EXPLORER!!!

Wait, let me back off. It could be my error. When I open KPM and the new window comes up (sure miss that previous simple listing from the taskbar icon that I had previously), and I make my one and only little account ACTIVE and then I click to OPEN that account, the web page comes up in both browsers (see above) but the login does not happen in either one. Now, have I missed a step in how to get it to work? Or does it just not work?

At present, my current opinion of Kaspersky Labs is a bunch of techno-geeks who THINK they know what they are doing but are really just a bunch of amateurs trying to make a buck (and ripping off gullible people like me). Sadly, this has also greatly reduced the credibility of Best Buy in my eyes, since they so strongly hyped Kaspersky when I bought my new computer. Now I'm having second thoughts about how much to trust Best Buy let alone this joke called Kaspersky!

Not sure how much longer I'm going to give KPM a second/third/??? chance before I switch my internet security back to Norton which has password management as an integral part of the product, not as an additional-cost supplement.

Edited by EYW_01

Not sure how much longer I'm going to give KPM a second/third/??? chance before I switch my internet security back to Norton which has password management as an integral part of the product, not as an additional-cost supplement.

Actually Kaspersky has it also, plus some other tools, like backup and encryption. That product is Kaspersky PURE:

http://www.kaspersky.com/compare

Actually Kaspersky has it also, plus some other tools, like backup and encryption. That product is Kaspersky PURE:

http://www.kaspersky.com/compare

Thanks for that info but, given the less-than-stellar response I've seen from Kaspersky on just the Password Management issue, I'm wondering why I should risk investing any more of my $$$ on yet another K Labs product. And you didn't mention my key issue -- does it actually WORK with Firefox? Does it stay current with every new iteration of Firefox?

Thanks for that info but, given the less-than-stellar response I've seen from Kaspersky on just the Password Management issue, I'm wondering why I should risk investing any more of my $$$ on yet another K Labs product. And you didn't mention my key issue -- does it actually WORK with Firefox? Does it stay current with every new iteration of Firefox?

Unfortunately, most likely not. It will be patched when new patch for PURE is available. About FF, I have give up normal FF versions and now I have FF ESR. Try that instead of normal FF, kaspersky add-ons should be compatible with new ESR release without problems.

It seems like its a trial/free version and you are not able to upgrade from V5 and as its a free version you are limited in the number of passwords that you can use ( think its up to 15).

It does work with firefox 24 but as I said you have to enable/make active the ones you want to use

The service from Kaspersky is pants and as I have 130 days left on my KIS I don't think I'll be a kaspersky customer after that as password manager V5 was supposed to be a one of fee but it seems like they have changed the rules and I have had the product less than 12 months

Edited by 2Beers

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.