kolobashkin

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows Critical Fix 2 released

On June 26, 2013 Kaspersky Lab announced the release of Critical Fix 2 (version 8.1.0.1042) for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows:

Release notes when installing on file-servers

Release notes when installing on workstations

I downloaded the testbuild version 8.1.0.1042 before. Since the build number did not change, I assume this is the exact same version as the testbuild? So I can roll out the version I already downloaded to all users?

On June 26, 2013 Kaspersky Lab announced the release of Critical Fix 2 (version 8.1.0.1042) for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows:

Release notes when installing on file-servers

Release notes when installing on workstations

What are the steps to deploy CF2 across a domain where 8.1.0.831 is installed in win XP

I have tried to do a remote install from the KAS 9 security center.

the install starts then kes8.1.0.1042_wksfswin_en.exe takes 50% of the CPU for 30 minutes and fails.

tried this on 5 computers same results

Edited by ChasLkb

Take a look into the install log for more information (%temp%).

I advise to create an uninstall task first and reboot after finished that task. Then install the new version.

Ok, so we dont need to upgrade the Security Center? We can just build a new package off this download of KES8?

Ok, so we dont need to upgrade the Security Center? We can just build a new package off this download of KES8?

I built a new package and deployed it from the Kas 9 center. but it will not install

Is the install for File Servers the same as it is for Workstations? The links appear so.

Take a look into the install log for more information (%temp%).

I advise to create an uninstall task first and reboot after finished that task. Then install the new version.

I did an uninstall 831, reboot and tried to install the new package, same problem

Edited by ChasLkb

I was able to Install over the top of 8.1.0.831 x64 with 8.1.0.1042 x64 with no issues. All pushing from KSC 9.2.69 console.

I was able to Install over the top of 8.1.0.831 x64 with 8.1.0.1042 x64 with no issues. All pushing from KSC 9.2.69 console.

would you please outline the steps you used, I must be missing something.

Thank you

Is the install for File Servers the same as it is for Workstations? The links appear so.

Yes. If you look at the file name, kes8.1.0.1042_wksfswin_en.exe, wks stands for workstation, fs for file server, and win for winblows :b_grins:

Yes. If you look at the file name, kes8.1.0.1042_wksfswin_en.exe, wks stands for workstation, fs for file server, and win for winblows :b_grins:

Let me guess, en stands for English? :laugh3:

would you please outline the steps you used, I must be missing something.

Thank you

I extracted the .exe download into a folder and separated the x86 and x64 into their own respective folders, then built Installation packages via the Security Center using the .kpd file for each respective version (x86x64). does that make any sense?

I extracted the .exe download into a folder and separated the x86 and x64 into their own respective folders, then built Installation packages via the Security Center using the .kpd file for each respective version (x86x64). does that make any sense?

You don't need to build a separate package for each platform. When you build a package with the kpd file, it will have both MSIs.

You don't need to build a separate package for each platform. When you build a package with the kpd file, it will have both MSIs.

you are right.

I found my problem.

forgot the new plugin :dash1:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.