Alexander Ilin

Suggestions for Kaspersky Security Center 10. [In progress]

Hello,

the idea isn't clear,

would you mind to attach pictures that illustrate your suggestion ?

Thank you.

post-5577-1442227069_thumb.png

In the attached picture, the rightclick menu appears after the user has clicked on a column (i.e. "Agent running" in the picture). If a "freeze" option appeared, then all the columns left of the rightclicked one (Name, Descr, OS type, O/S version and Agent running) would be frozen (like the "freeze panes" option in Excel), so when the user uses the horizontal scroll bar, only the "unfrozen" columns would be scrolled. When exiting KSC, it would be nice if the frozen columns (per panel) were saved so when the user re-opens KSC, they would still be frozen.

KaspSCFreeze.png

In the attached picture, the rightclick menu appears after the user has clicked on a column (i.e. "Agent running" in the picture). If a "freeze" option appeared, then all the columns left of the rightclicked one (Name, Descr, OS type, O/S version and Agent running) would be frozen (like the "freeze panes" option in Excel), so when the user uses the horizontal scroll bar, only the "unfrozen" columns would be scrolled. When exiting KSC, it would be nice if the frozen columns (per panel) were saved so when the user re-opens KSC, they would still be frozen.

Now your idea is clear, but how does it improve usability ?

Thank you.

Now your idea is clear, but how does it improve usability ?

I thought it was obvious. There are many columns in this list, so IMO it would be very helpful if at least the computer name and description columns (in some cases maybe more) were frozen, so when scrolling to the right, what the user sees has some meaning. As is now, the user must constantly scroll left /right to see what PC the last column refers to. Maybe some grid lines with alternate row colors would be helpful too.

we find out that when a workstation goes into its sleep mode, the scans on that moment are stopped working because the pc went in sleep mode, it would be nice that when a scan starts that the workstation wakes up so the scan can continue.

New GUI for endpoint protection. current one looks outdated... it would be nice to have same clean GUI as consumer products!!!

When working with Web Control rules, it would be nice to create "Global" policy settings.

That way when you are creating a single group of address in web blocker (for example, all of Google Software Update URL's), you only have to create it once.

Right now, you have to recreate each group for each different policy.

When working with Web Control rules, it would be nice to create "Global" policy settings.

That way when you are creating a single group of address in web blocker (for example, all of Google Software Update URL's), you only have to create it once.

Right now, you have to recreate each group for each different policy.

Hi,

Suggestion 3429 was submitted.

Thank You!

It would also be nice to be able to make a change on one KES policy, and then apply that same change to another policy.

Hi,

Suggestion 3430 was submitted.

Thank You!

we find out that when a workstation goes into its sleep mode, the scans on that moment are stopped working because the pc went in sleep mode, it would be nice that when a scan starts that the workstation wakes up so the scan can continue.

Hi,

Are you talking about alternative to run missed tasks that can do the job at the time the task is started?

Thank You!

Hi,

Why do we have to create tasks for 10, 10MR1, 10SP1, ... for just a license update, or something else ?? The license engine isn't the same? We have around 60 companies linked to a KSC and they aren't in the same versions.. Why KSC team doesn't just release tasks for master versions like 8;10;... ?

Thanks for your reply

Best regards

Hi,

Why do we have to create tasks for 10, 10MR1, 10SP1, ... for just a license update, or something else ?? The license engine isn't the same? We have around 60 companies linked to a KSC and they aren't in the same versions.. Why KSC team doesn't just release tasks for master versions like 8;10;... ?

Thanks for your reply

Best regards

Can I +1 this, or Thunbs UP it... THis is really stupid that I have to have a different policy or task for every revision of Kaspersky. For a different version I understand, but for a revision... that's just lazy programming.

Another Software/Application Management desired capability:

When approving a new version (not update) of a software app (Adobe/Java), indicate that ALL previous versions of that program should be uninstalled when installing the new version.

Having the ability to create Installation Package Groups would be nice.

For example, create a Installation Package Group made out of each of the Microsoft Office Viewers (3x).

Or designate 'Dependencies" between applications...

Hi,

Are you talking about grouping installation packages together? Could you please provide more detailed example?

Thank You!

Another Software/Application Management desired capability:

When approving a new version (not update) of a software app (Adobe/Java), indicate that ALL previous versions of that program should be uninstalled when installing the new version.

Hi,

Are you talking about a notification for security center administrator or actual checking for old version deployed on managed machines and automatic removal?

Thank You!

Hi,

Are you talking about grouping installation packages together? Could you please provide more detailed example?

Thank You!

Yes. So right now, in order to install multiple software packages, you would have to create a separate task for each.

It would be nice to just create a single task that can install multiple software packages.

So for example, the Microsoft Office Viewers consists of 4 applications.

This then requires 4 separate tasks which at best, can be 'linked' by making each one start when another finishes.

This is a lot of work and having the capability to create a single (1x) task to install all 4 applications in a single shot would greatly save time.

Yes. So right now, in order to install multiple software packages, you would have to create a separate task for each.

It would be nice to just create a single task that can install multiple software packages.

So for example, the Microsoft Office Viewers consists of 4 applications.

This then requires 4 separate tasks which at best, can be 'linked' by making each one start when another finishes.

This is a lot of work and having the capability to create a single (1x) task to install all 4 applications in a single shot would greatly save time.

Hi,

Suggestion #3436 was created.

Thank You!

Hi,

It would be nice to have the "up time" of the computers. I noticed some times the reported error on KSC was "Database are out of date" -> I run a "on demand update task" the error still persists and doesn't notify me that the computer needs to restart I don't know why. When I remotely connect to the specified computer I see that the computer hasn't be restarted for 3 days for example and after the restart the event has gone..

Thanks

Best regards

Fred-dst, please create a separate topic in order to investigate the issue.

bsteingraber, could you please describe your suggestion with more detailes?

Thank you!

Fred-dst, please create a separate topic in order to investigate the issue.

bsteingraber, could you please describe your suggestion with more detailes?

Thank you!

When can we expect new UI for KES? Current one looks really bad and dated? why not update it like consumer one KIS which has really sleek UI.

When can we expect new UI for KES? Current one looks really bad and dated? why not update it like consumer one KIS which has really sleek UI.

Hello,

please explain with more detail your outlook with screen shots.

Thank you.

Hello,

please explain with more detail your outlook with screen shots.

Thank you.

I was thinking about more "moderen" UI. Current one looks dated.

So this is the current one and it looks quite old.

9398-113-180883.png

I would update it to match your Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Which has great UI (modern and slick)

hqdefault.jpg

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.