mikeymitch

KES10 Web-Antivirus Malfunction [In Progress]

Brand new PC with a fresh install of KES10 via KSC10, the Web AV module is showing a status of Malfunction. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I can't seem to find any other details as to why this is happening in order to find a cause. Any ideas are appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi,

we have the same error like described.

If you make a repair installation this will help in most cases out, but not in all!

I was also in Contact with support of Kaspersky, they intent to takes some deeper look in

NIC Driver and Chipset to assure that NDIS Driver can be implemented correctly.

But I think that after making a repair it will have the chance to write the settings it needs, which are blocked

on a fresh install.

Maybe on monday I will also check with Filemon the installation

Cheers

THorsten

I have the same issue. Any idea what's going on with this?

Thanks,

Hello,

Please try the following:

Create a new installation package for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 from scratch -

Download the distribute file kes10win_10.1.0.867en.exe of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.1.0.867 from http://support.kaspersky.com/kes10wks#downloads

Locally on the Administration Server, double click on kes10win_10.1.0.867en.exe and start the wizard to unpack KES10 for Windows distribution package (to a specified folder for example C:\KES10).

Create a new KES10 installation package in Kaspersky Security Center 10 ->Remote Installation -> Installation packages and click on "Create installation package", then select "Create installation package for a Kaspersky Lab application" and select the .kpd/.kud file located within the corresponding distribution package (for example c:\KES10\Kes10win.kpd).

Once the KES10 installation package is created, in Kaspersky Security Center 10 ->Remote Installation -> Installation packages right hand click on the KES10 installation package -> Properties and click on Update databases (http://support.kaspersky.com/7508).

Now, remove the current version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 installed on the client computer in question (using KAV remover preferred).

Start the installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 on the client computer in question by using the new KES10 installation package.

What is the result?

Regards.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I tried it, but still same result.

Cheers

Hello,

Please try the following:

Create a new installation package for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 from scratch -

Download the distribute file kes10win_10.1.0.867en.exe of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.1.0.867 from http://support.kaspersky.com/kes10wks#downloads

Locally on the Administration Server, double click on kes10win_10.1.0.867en.exe and start the wizard to unpack KES10 for Windows distribution package (to a specified folder for example C:\KES10).

Create a new KES10 installation package in Kaspersky Security Center 10 ->Remote Installation -> Installation packages and click on "Create installation package", then select "Create installation package for a Kaspersky Lab application" and select the .kpd/.kud file located within the corresponding distribution package (for example c:\KES10\Kes10win.kpd).

Once the KES10 installation package is created, in Kaspersky Security Center 10 ->Remote Installation -> Installation packages right hand click on the KES10 installation package -> Properties and click on Update databases (http://support.kaspersky.com/7508).

Now, remove the current version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 installed on the client computer in question (using KAV remover preferred).

Start the installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 on the client computer in question by using the new KES10 installation package.

What is the result?

Regards.

I have the same issue.

Brand new install of Windows 7 Pro SP1 and after installing, the Web Anti-Virus shows malfunction and reinstalling does not resolve the issue.

Is there a solution out there for this?

I even tried re-creating my stand-alone install package with no luck.

I have the same issue.

Brand new install of Windows 7 Pro SP1 and after installing, the Web Anti-Virus shows malfunction and reinstalling does not resolve the issue.

Is there a solution out there for this?

I even tried re-creating my stand-alone install package with no luck.

I just reinstalled the OS from scratch and downloaded KES 10 and built a new stand-alone package from scratch and still have this problem. Hopefully there is a fix for this somewhere.

Hi everybody.

If you have this issue only on some machines, try to export the setting from a machine that has Web-Anti-Virus up and running and import them on the machine that has the malfunction.

Worked for us.

Regard

Hi everybody.

If you have this issue only on some machines, try to export the setting from a machine that has Web-Anti-Virus up and running and import them on the machine that has the malfunction.

Worked for us.

Regard

I would expect that a brand new stand alone install on a newly installed OS should work without such extra work.

Am I missing something here? This was not an issue with previous versions 6 or 8. I've had nothing but problems with version 10 and its holding up my deployment.

Hi everybody.

Worked for us.

Regard

This doesn't work to solve my problem.

This doesn't work to solve my problem.

Hi:

I have the same situation here also. I have boxes with Win7 Pro amd64, XP Pro SP3, Win 2k3 R2. All boxes but one works flawless. The computer does not work is XP Pro SP3 (cr-es). Atheros NIC, LGA775 G41 gigabyte mobo. Latest Windows updates applied.

Would thanks any possible help.

Hi,

I have the same issue on a Windows 8 station.

I opened a ticket with Kaspersky support.

Since one week, they ask me to send them files, trace, log, screenshot, ...

So, I think they will soon give me a solution and after that, I'll let you know the issue.

For information, in my company they are only 6 computers in production with KES 10.

I think, I'll wait a few week or month before migrate all my stations.

I have this exact problem on 64 bit machines.

It's fine on 32bit. I have raised with KAV and they've asked me to do the usual stuff and report back.

If I disable web AV it all works perfectly.

I had a similar issue on an upgrade from KES 8 to KES 10 in our dev environment. The box was running WinXP Pro SP3. No matter what I tried the Web Antivirus still showed "Malfunction" and the Security Center would report the protection was off for it. I ended up running the uninstall from Add/Remove programs, then I ran the Kaspersky uninstall tool (I had to run this twice as the first time it only detected the Network agent). I then ran a tool call regscan that showed me all the Kaspersky registry entries and I deleted them. I then rebooted the machine and pushed the install from the Security Center and then everything showed that it was running without any issues. That box has now been running fine for nearly a week.

Still having this issue on brand new Windows 7 installs, no other software but windows updates and manufacturer drivers. Desktops are made by Dell.

When will this be fixed?

Still having this issue on brand new Windows 7 installs, no other software but windows updates and manufacturer drivers. Desktops are made by Dell.

When will this be fixed?

Hello, since issue occures on new Windows 7 installs, we will need a deeper investigstion on this. So please, contact technicla support, and provide the folowing info:

-GetSystemInfo reprort and eventlogs export from affected machine

-KES installation logs http://support.kaspersky.com/9342

-KES traces http://support.kaspersky.com/9346 (enable tracing, reboot, make shure that web-av is failed to start, try to enable it. Disable traces, collect files)

Provide an incident number

Hi,

are there any news on this?

we have the same problems at one of our customers who has about 100 clients:

fresh installations of KES10 on new machines and also upgrades from KAV6 to KES10 on existing machines never finish (the clients do not restart as configured).

after manual restart the Web-Antivirus component shows a malfunction!

it seems that mainly Windows 7 x64 machines are affected.

did someone get a solution from Kaspersky yet?

Hi,

are there any news on this?

we have the same problems at one of our customers who has about 100 clients:

fresh installations of KES10 on new machines and also upgrades from KAV6 to KES10 on existing machines never finish (the clients do not restart as configured).

after manual restart the Web-Antivirus component shows a malfunction!

it seems that mainly Windows 7 x64 machines are affected.

did someone get a solution from Kaspersky yet?

Hi

The problem lie in policy of KES for a check just unistall KES and net agent from machine and install only KES problem will be resolved .

Also upload your policy if possible to give you the idea why ,malfuntioning happening

Thanks

Sidd

Hi

The problem lie in policy of KES for a check just unistall KES and net agent from machine and install only KES problem will be resolved .

Also upload your policy if possible to give you the idea why ,malfuntioning happening

Thanks

Sidd

The proglem lies in KES10 combined with KSC10, its a known issue that can (but doesn't always) pop up after a policy is applied to KES10 from KSC10.

You need to call support and aska bout Bug ID 216509

I see this issue with the Web Control function that is malfunctioning on some of our endpoints.

Is this the same bug as the malfunctioning Web anti-virus?

So, not sure how it relates to the Web AV Malfunction issue, but we had put in a request for a PF to disable the popup when a USB drive is put in...still wanted the scan to happen, but didn't want the users to see it.

PF 219 was created for this.

I installed it local at my computer, worked great...pushed it out via KSC10 and it blew up my 6 test computers for the push (kes10 stopped working, computers were ok).

Got bored the other day so I dug out all of the PF's that kaspersky has pulled for us and started installing them.

GOt to PF219 and installed it and the Web AV started working again.

So, if you are seeing this, give Kaspersky a call and request the PF, but test it small. If your going to push it via KSC use the /when reboot option, not the /when now option....that worked on a very small scale, but I'm a bit gunshy to push it wide currently.

So, hope it helps anyone with the web AV malfunction, but be aware it will disable your USB scan popup.

Well, PF219 ended doing alot more harm than good, so that has been removed from our environment. instead they have pushed PF279 to us to fix the Web Av Malfunction. This does nothing, so I'm waiting for a new PF that I'm sure will do just as well.

Losing all confidence in the ability of Kaspersky to create a Fix...

I see this issue with the Web Control function that is malfunctioning on some of our endpoints.

Is this the same bug as the malfunctioning Web anti-virus?

Hello!

No, this is not the same issue as these are different components of our product.

Well, PF219 ended doing alot more harm than good, so that has been removed from our environment. instead they have pushed PF279 to us to fix the Web Av Malfunction. This does nothing, so I'm waiting for a new PF that I'm sure will do just as well.

Hello Michael!

Please confirm that you have specified this info in your incident.

We will try to solve this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience!

Hello!

No, this is not the same issue as these are different components of our product.

Hello Michael!

Please confirm that you have specified this info in your incident.

We will try to solve this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience!

I'm not sure what you mean by confirm it. I've uploaded the GSI, Dumps, Traces, patch logs, install logs, windows event logs, and everything else I can get my hands on to the FTP site that kaspersky has setup for me. I've updated the ticket for this incident with the names of the zip files to look for.

We stood up a new location over the weekend. everyone got a brand new computer, freshly imaged, Kaspersky installed, and patched (PF96, 122, 275, 279 and 286). within 24 hours items started to malfunction. You'll see this all in the logs.

INC000002287216 and or INC000002311934

Sorry, I've got to many case open right now to keep them all straight. one is for the 'Protection is off' issue, the other is for the 'Web-AV Malfunction' issue.

I consider myself a fairly patient person....but even my patience wears thing eventually.

Edited by Michael lawler

Anyone ever get a fix for this? Even after upgrading our KSC server to 10.1.249 and several clients to 10.2.1.23 with new 10.1 policies, we still have this problem. Apparently it wasn't fixed in mr1. Very quickly losing faith in Kaspersky.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.